Aktuelle Zeit: 26.04.2024, 18:00

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 246 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Discussion about the storyline
BeitragVerfasst: 03.05.2012, 15:15 

Here's some space to discuss the ongoing storyline :wink:

Rebecca making an attempt to kiss Marlene, while she's sleeping....
Uh, what an old and always appearing moment in soaps! I remember a lot of those scenes in VL.
And Franzi kissed Paula from Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten (Good times - bad times) too in this way, right? I reckon in other soaps it's the same :wink:
Marlene being totally upfront but also embarressed to ask Rebecca if she's in love with HER. Too funny.
But kudos to her for doing it!

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 03.05.2012, 15:15 

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Discussion about the storyline
BeitragVerfasst: 03.05.2012, 15:35 

Dana also kissed Hagen while he was sleeping (when he was still engaged to Marlene), so this is semi recent and a positive portrayal (compared to let's say Tristan kissing Helena and later lying and claiming he "mistook" her for Jessica). Personally, I prefer it when they pull away last minute (like they did with Chrolli or recently Daniel/Jessica), but well, obviously they didn't ask me. :mrgreen:

BeitragVerfasst: 13.05.2012, 22:59 

The actress playing Rebecca really plays this aching and longing very well.
I hope the storyline gives her lots of time to do so!
And to have the gay guys watch over her and disapprove!
Rebecca confiding in themm sharing the whole truth...
I love that part.
Some guy watches them dance together is cliche.
But if it is a gay guy, trying to stop it and disapproving, it is even funny!
At least I laughed out loud.

BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2012, 02:24 

I didn't know if Christian was disapproving of the dance or if he thought it was sexy. I thought Christian was bisexual. For most of Friday's episode he was trying to watch over Rebecca, but when he said "Um um um" when they were dancing and the way he and Andi looked at each other, it seemed as though he was enjoying it.

I agree with you that the actress playing Rebecca is doing a good job. I like this storyline especially after Friday's episode and the one today.

BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2012, 04:18 

I also like it that they had **the kiss** for the weekend cliff hanger.

BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2012, 14:35 

@mimi I agree with you on the Christian watching the girls dance part, it's often a bit tricky with him, how the writers portray him.
I'm still a bit afraid that the writers might play to hard and long the back and forth game and this will damage the symphathy people might have with??? the Marbecca pairing and also with Tristan. Lately the writers don't do a very good with that in general (other characters as well), but we'll see :wink:
I think both actresses do a great job, now. Marlene's confusion is very believable. And I too, like Rebecca with Christian, although I like her even more with Olli. They just click as friends for me.
Would love it if Rebecca also had a female good friend, besides Marlene. Bianca come back! at least for that :)

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2012, 19:37 

@hoppe I agree that Bianca can be a friend to Rebecca especially given the new spoiler Novemberstern added to the board today. I don't know if you read the spoilers so I won't go into detail but I think the writers could really develop the character of Bianca. They can still have the Marbecca storyline but add another dimension. Was the actress who plays Bianca only hired for a short time? She really hasn't been in many scenes.

To a degree I am glad the writers are taking time to develop the "closeness" of Rebecca & Marlene but I am also impatient because I want to see the two characters together as more than friends.

BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2012, 19:41 

Yes, sadly the actress for Bianca was only hired for a short time I believe :(

It's sad that
Spoiler:
it looks like Sonja might be dead or in a coma, otherwise she could have been a friend too, especially with her being bi as well. Though of course with her also being in love with somebody taken and knowing the "he makes out with me but then pulls away the last second and pushes me away", it might be almost too similar, LOL.

It's one of the curses of soaps that of the females of a suitable age, almost everybody is either Rebecca's sister or Marlene's sister :lol: Really makes me wish Nico was back (even though she was also a relative). I wouldn't mind some Rebecca/Helena sisterly scenes though, I always liked them when Jasmine was Rebecca. I think it could work, like maybe Helena seeing Rebecca upset and Rebecca admitting that she fell in love with a taken woman without specifying who it is.

Of course with a relative of Rebecca's you can't really do the jealousy thing ;) But yeah, I'd say of the non-related females neither Jessica nor Tanja are particularly suitable :totlach: And Leonie doesn't really strike me as having the maturity.

BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2012, 23:51 

I like your ideas about other possible friends, especially with regard to the spoiler. On a separate topic, I was thinking about how the change in Rebecca's personality has bothered some people. My thought is she left home and went to a major metropolis. Whenever we leave home, we grow up and change whether we intend to do so or not. In New York, technically the character would have to mature and work hard to compete with peers. Plus, she wouldn't have family around to help her. So, I don't find it unreasonable that she came back different.

I have also read on other boards that people don't like Marlene because they cannot figure out who she really is. My belief is she is multifaceted. She is probably like a little girl only with her family because she feels safest with them, other than with Rebecca. For whatever reason, the character may feel like she has to hide her softer side from other people. I may be off base because I haven't seen any of Marlene's story prior to Rebecca's character coming back. I think there are so many ways the writers can develop the characters' personalities going forward.

One last thought for now....I wouldn't mind if they delved into Rebecca's love life while she was in New York. To my knowledge, when she left, she wasn't sure if she liked women or not. When she returned, she was confident that she falls for the "person" and not the sex of the individual. We could see Marlene's jealousy come out if a girl from the past arrived on the scene. :o

BeitragVerfasst: 16.05.2012, 08:45 

I used to think that Rebecca tore it up in New York and that might be kinda responsible for her new more confident personality. But other times I wonder if Rebecca really didn't date any women after Miriam/didn't date much in New York and instead just burried herself in work. Like that maybe in actuality she's not that much more experienced than Marlene.

Zitat:
For whatever reason, the character may feel like she has to hide her softer side from other people. I may be off base because I haven't seen any of Marlene's story prior to Rebecca's character coming back. I think there are so many ways the writers can develop the characters' personalities going forward.

I feel the same way about Marlene and I have seen her pretty much since her beginning on VL. I don't really know why she is that way, but I think she was always a ball of interesting contradictions pretty much ever since she arrived. A lot of it was kinda told through the filter of the eyes of her younger sister Dana. I watched some videos from the old days and there is this video about Marlene and Jasmine's Rebecca where there it is a huge thread in the episode about how Marlene just gets people to do stuff for her and Dana feels that that is kinda manipulative. Or the episode where Dana and Tristan broke up a side thing was Dana yelling at Marlene for not working hard enough and Marlene just totally fell apart so Hagen had to come to Dana and beg her to be nicer to Marlene and then they both talked about how Marlene puts up a strong, bossy front, but falls apart on smallest of criticisms. I think that has kinda gotten away though, she has become stronger in that regard because of all the stuff that happened to her, but I think there is still a lot she hides inside.

Like, she can be so free and open, and we all know she loves to get into everybody's business, but she can also be so extremely secretive. That's why I wish somebody would translate the first few weeks of Rebecca/Marlene, before Rebecca fell in love, because I think it shows that aspect of Marlene's personality a lot, the way she was obsessed with Tristan not finding out anything from pretty much the start without there ever being a really good reason for it.

I used to think maybe it's part of being the oldest child, that you had to be strong for the others, but it doesn't really fit that she is actually most open with her parents and her younger sister Dana. Marlene definitely is a fascinating bundled ball of ISSUES :rainbow: And it's noteworthy that she had those issues from her first day on the show on, so it wasn't something that happened because of anything that happened to her afterwards.

BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 04:30 

So did anyone else enjoy Marlene's expressions while she was trying to teach Rebecca how to dive? Besides looking incredibly sexy, I loved the interaction between the two. Today's episode made me want to go gokart racing.

BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 14:08 

haha! yes that was cool right? the racing :)
At the moment I'm more in awe of Marlene's expressions than Rebecca's. WHich was the other way around before. Tatjana's big eyes are sometimes a bit too much for me at the moment - dunno if it's the director's advice or Tatjana's decision to play it that way.
Mimi, on which boards are you? would be interesting to know.
I think it will be an interesting journey to see if the writers want to show a slow change in Marlene. You're right, no one can really know who she is, she's hiding herself pretty much (except with her family). I'm pretty sure that she will show more of her true self with Rebecca. Rebecca is a very forward person, I think in her presence you can't help but getting more direct yourself, she's provoking you to do so.
So I think we will see some fear and fights on Marlene's part, because this means loosing control :wink:

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 14:55 

I tend to think that it's a directing decision. If you compare the earlier episode, before romantic Marbecca really started I feel like her make/styling up was a lot more "normal" around that time and it has become a lot more extreme for the start of the story and really heavy stuff around the eyes seems to be part of it.

I'm kinda going back and forth on whether I like it. It can get too much but on the other hand, I thought early Tatjana!Rebecca sometimes looked a bit wallflower in the scenes. Compared to how one remembers Jasmin. With the more extreme styling at least she is her own very noticable type.

But yeah, since they also get her makeup that emphasises her eyes a lot more in some scenes, I lean towards thinking that that is part of the same package, namely a director saying that they have to emphasize her eyes. It might also be a way to try to "outact" the hairdo, to draw more emphasis to the face.

BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 18:49 

hoppetosse hat geschrieben:
Mimi, on which boards are you? would be interesting to know.

The only board I have posted on besides this one is afterellen.com. I read the comments on Das Erste's VL forum. It is interesting to read other people's view of the storyline and the actress' portrayal of the characters. I like to see how it compares with my views and possibly expand my viewpoint.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 246 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC