Aktuelle Zeit: 07.05.2024, 10:24

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 246 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Discussion about the storyline
BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 19:03 

I go back and forth about whether I like Rebecca's look or not. I really didn't like the pastel eyeshadow and the really pink blush they had on her during the early Marbecca episodes. It didn't seem to really "fit" her or highlight her facial features. I really liked how she looked in an early scene when she went to a club with Sonia. Rebecca's hair was styled differently as well as her makeup. I like Lola's idea that the director is emphazing Rebecca's eyes for a dramatic effect and to pull our attention to them.

I have often wondered how much leeway actors/actresses have in a scene. For example, Minx from All My Children, was a good storyline but I had trouble believing the kissing scenes. Their lips would be pursed and touch once. I didn't know if it was one of the actresses choice, the director or the television network.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 18.05.2012, 19:03 

BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 19:17 

wow! so your german is that good that you understand what's been said? maybe you'd like to help us out a bit in translating if we are unsure how to express things, like a back up to ask or so? dunno....
but... feel free to say no - no pressure, just if you really are up to it :wink:

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 19:26 

mimi7164 hat geschrieben:
I go back and forth about whether I like Rebecca's look or not. I really didn't like the pastel eyeshadow and the really pink blush they had on her during the early Marbecca episodes. It didn't seem to really "fit" her or highlight her facial features. I really liked how she looked in an early scene when she went to a club with Sonia. Rebecca's hair was styled differently as well as her makeup. I like Lola's idea that the director is emphazing Rebecca's eyes for a dramatic effect and to pull our attention to them.

I have often wondered how much leeway actors/actresses have in a scene. For example, Minx from All My Children, was a good storyline but I had trouble believing the kissing scenes. Their lips would be pursed and touch once. I didn't know if it was one of the actresses choice, the director or the television network.
well I like her hairstyle like it is, but the makeup is often too much for my taste. I like a more natural look or less stressed. If it's a directors choice, I think it's not necessary, except it's for having a continuation from the old Rebecca who used strong make-up as well. Tatjana plays good enough without it :wink:
yeah, I would love that too. Kasia Borek just said about one scene, that she + Lucy Scherer were so much giggling when they had to play the scene where Emma suggests a romatic night in a shat in the woods. that they convinced the directors to act it differently then it was intended before. they made it more humorous in the end. I think that's those special moments where actors have their say because they feel very strongly about a situation and the directors are (hopefully) wise enough to listen to them :-)

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 19:30 

There was an interesting webshow called "I wanna be a soap star" on soapnet where various actors were competing for a role. One interesting episode was about kissing and chemistry and also on whether people would be willing to do same sex kissing. Anyway, they had like 6 or 8 people there and had the couples of two (a lesbian coupling, a gay coupling, and I think one or two straight couples). They all got the identical scene to act, two people cooking together, one spills something on themselves, the other helps them wipe it off and then they start kissing. It was extremely striking that the scenes were like completely different the scenes turned out even though they had completely the same script. Like some of them were really hesistant and others were basically mauling each other etc. Not just in the kissing, but also in how they acted before the kiss, like checking each other out or looking at each other sweetly, etc. I don't know whether they have that much freedom on the show itself, but I do think that the actors probably add a lot to how the scenes turn out, particularly romance scenes, for example how playful they are and stuff like that.

But yeah, I hate that people told me about soap kisses. Now I'm obsessed with looking at the different techniques. For example, "Marlene" tends to kiss on the parnters upper lip a lot lately (I keep wondering how horrible that is during flu season) or "Jessica" tends to open her mouth really wide as she goes in and then change to to complete duck lips.

BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 19:35 

the tech-kiss-look LOL poor Lola :wink: :redknuddel:

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 19:48 

I have come to the decision that the best/most successfull techniques are:

1.) Kiss the lower lip
2.) Strategically cover the main kiss but in a way that feels natural (for example Daniel tends to put his arms around Jessica in a certain way or you didn't really see the technique in the Ricardo/Rebecca kisses because the scene was dark/their mouths were kinda in shadows)
3.) Kiss strategically next to the mouth, but do that really messy (ok, worst case it looks like cheek licking, but it can also look really passionate, also because you can see the faces of the actors a lot that way)

I think the pursed lip thing can look ok too as long as both make the lips go really soft.

Yes, I actually once considered doing a post lising the different strategies :oops: :mrred: And the only reason I gave up on it was because I realized that there were too many combination strategies.

Plus, I have to come to the decision that the actual lips on lips technique doesn't really matter all that much. That when I looked at some of the film kisses I considered the hottest it really was mostly how the actors looked at each other before the kiss and how they moved (like hands and bodies).

(I kinda blame tumblr and their tendency to do really close up animations for that, it makes you realize that the actual lips on lips bit can look weird even on incredibly hot scenes. Case point, Dan and Blair in the elevator:

Bild Bild
Bild Bild
Bild Bild
Bild
)

BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 21:47 

I think you should get a job as the Kiss Strategist or Consultant. You could teach the technique and do a little training if you had to. :D I agree that the build up to the kiss as well as how the actors/actresses interact/touch each other during and after makes the scene. I guess I never really thought some of the scenes involving Minx or the actresses in Glee did much with respect to the foreplay. Sometimes, I think my eyes are deceiving me because it looks like their lips actually touch to a degree. It might only be a bottom lip to a top lip but I am sure I am wrong. In the scene where Rebecca kisses Marlene while she is sleeping, at the end when Rebecca starts to pull away, it looked like their lips may have actually touched.

BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2012, 22:25 

I had thought about signing up to proof read subs but I wasn't sure. Sometimes, it takes me a few times to understand the gist of what is being said. I don't always get every single word or every sentence when I watch the show. I think everyone working on the subtitles are doing a great job! The word arrangement in the sentence might be a little off or we (America) might use "slang" for a particular word or phrase that someone else might not be familiar with. Is that what you are kind of looking for help on in correcting? Native English-speaking people can still understand the translation.

If you don't mind the time difference in being able to review the subtitles, then I am willing to give it a try and be a backup.

BeitragVerfasst: 19.05.2012, 03:26 

Like I said, I don't really want to overdo it with overanalyzing the kisses as not to ruin it for everybody. I will say that imo they are kinda overdoing it with "lesbian = sweet fluttery lady kisses". But of course VL are kinda used to high standards there since Claudia Hiersche was *very* good at kissing/selling the kissing and Miribecca were really unexpectedly good.

I did thought the dream kisses from the Bianca arcs gave me a hilarious "enthusiasic slobbering dog" vibe from Marlene :lol:

I'm quite curious how this will develop because *hides* to be honest, I never thought Marlene had all that much chemistry with her partners in her romance scenes taken from the sampling of 2 Hagens and Tristan (and I guess Alexander before he was revealed to be a the rapist). I thought that there was always something slightly awkward about her and both Hagen 2 and Tristan and her and Hagen 1 were kinda generic good looking but also no chemistry really. Though I would say the Marlene love scene I liked best so far is, unpopular opinion, probably Marlene and Hagen 2 at the lake. I mean it wasn't great, but it was a pretty scene, but really more for the environment, the mood, Marlene in really normal clothes etc. (and it really wasn't much of a love scene, more the stuff around it) I also don't see her as being like Jasmin where you imo could just see immediately that she was a lot more at ease/happier acting with Romina. I always thought Jasmin probably enjoyed being on the same height as her love interests and getting to be on equal terms/even getting to be the aggressor sometimes so I really bought her being into the storyline.

Tatjana we haven't really seen enough of with other partners to really say what her standard is. I thought Bianca kinda has the "lesbian = ubersoft kisses" thing going on as well. And with Ricardo you couldn't really see much of the actual kissing, it's more noticable that Rebecca was very direct and forceful in her body language (like very smoothly taking off his shirt/going for his belt).

Though I think it often shows that you can't reduce chemistry to even that. For example, with Daniel and Helena, you could see them putting in a lot of effort into creative touches/body position and it is generally agreed on that the actors are most likely dating in private life (so no problems on the kissing front). But to me they still never had much chemistry, no "leaping off the screen" type. It's funny, I never liked Helena with Andi, but I thought she had more chemistry with Andi in like their little playful boxing scene after Helena broke up with Daniel than she ever had with Daniel and again it is known that the actress isn't a fan of Helena/Andi at all and always championed Helena/Daniel. So you can't reduce it to personal sympathy/friendship between actors either or whether the actor likes the storyline or how non-stiff the body language is. In the end there are some factors that seem to be more frequent than others in successfull chemistry but when all is said and done, it still remains something unexplainable.

That said, I do get the vibe that Melanie is very "on" in this storyline, she seems a lot more animated and varied in her facial expressions than she is in her typical stories. So imo you can feel the effort/engagement. (with Tatjana you can't say much because you don't really have a baseline for what she is capable of, she seems to be doing very solid work to me though)

Zuletzt geändert von LolaRuns am 19.05.2012, 08:41, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 19.05.2012, 08:40 

I also wonder if they have some problem with the lighting in the new club set. The makeup looked particularly "caked on" in the scene where Rebecca comes to see Marlene at the club and Marlene claims Rebecca forgot herself.

BeitragVerfasst: 21.05.2012, 15:53 

I had thought about signing up to proof read subs but I wasn't sure. Sometimes, it takes me a few times to understand the gist of what is being said. I don't always get every single word or every sentence when I watch the show. I think everyone working on the subtitles are doing a great job! The word arrangement in the sentence might be a little off or we (America) might use "slang" for a particular word or phrase that someone else might not be familiar with. Is that what you are kind of looking for help on in correcting? Native English-speaking people can still understand the translation.

If you don't mind the time difference in being able to review the subtitles, then I am willing to give it a try and be a backup.

mimi, I told the others about you. Maybe someone will contact you... it might be already some help, if we don't know how to translate a special sentence to talk with someone about it, explain it and get another (native) view on it :)

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 18:02 

Just watched the latest episode. And aww, I felt so bad for Rebecca. The way Marlene pushed her at the end that was so cruel yet funny as hell as well. :lol: But yeah, the look on Rebecca's face. Marlene, you were the one getting all turned on, Rebecca, bless her was trying to act all professional (well, from what I could see). Can't wait to watch it again tomorrow with the subs to properly get what happened.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 18:08 

Oh yes, so true. Paranoid Marlene is kinda hilarious though. Wonder what Rebecca's reaction will be.

You know, before I kinda thought that Rebecca was a bit... well, overly optimistic when she kept telling Christian that she was so sure that Marlene feels something for her too. I mean... we the viewers know that/can guess that because we know the way VL tells stories. But based on the information Rebecca had, it was a bit of leap.

But after this? Marlene might just as well be running around with a big flashing sign over her head. :mrred:

Especially since her face made it very obvious that she wasn't actually bothered by Rebecca in like a homophobic way, but that she was instead thinking about something else entirely.

I like Rebecca in design mode. She's so cute :liebe2:

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 18:20 

I'm still laughing at Marlene's reaction. :lol: God, you've got to love Marlene. :liebe2:

True, about Rebecca, I never thought of it like that. But to be fair to Rebecca, Marlene has lead her on a bit in the past if it was intentional or not. But yeah, Marlene get it together already! :D

Zuletzt geändert von UKFan am 31.05.2012, 00:40, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 246 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC