Aktuelle Zeit: 07.05.2024, 06:02

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 246 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Discussion about the storyline
BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2012, 20:14 

LolaRuns hat geschrieben:
Of course it's always good / never hurts to just write in and say "I really enjoy these characters and I want to see more of them" or to just let the actors know that you support them. :bussi:

Can we write to the producers/writers of the show in English and/or do you think it would be valued a little less because I don't live in Germany so I don't have any impact on ratings? Again, I understand you don't know exactly how someone would perceive such a letter but I value your opinion.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 01.06.2012, 20:14 

BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2012, 20:56 

I think they are used to it. There is kinda a tradition of VL having international fans and TPTB are aware of it (so the whole putting up episode clips and subtitling it is kinda of politely accepted).

For the actors write to:

Pressebüro "Verbotene Liebe"
z.Hd. [Name of Person You Want here or just leave out if you want to write in general]
COLONEUM
Studios 37/38
Butzweiler Str. 255
50829 Köln

(respectively Cologne, Germany, Europe instead of "Köln" if you are unsure)

Another way is to join the official facebook page of the show: http://www.facebook.com/VerboteneLiebe
Melanie Kogler aka Marlene also has an official facebook page for fan interaction: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1178216647

This is the production company:

UFA Film & TV Produktion GmbH
Dianastraße 21
D-14482 Potsdam

Tel: 0331 / 7060 - 0
Fax: 0331 / 7060 - 149
E-Mail: info@UFA.de
http://www.ufa.de/produktionen/daily_dr ... tene_liebe

This is the channel that airs Verbotene Liebe:

ARD-Zuschauerredaktion

Postfach 20 06 65
80006 München

Tel.: (089) 5900-3344 (9.00 bis 23.00 Uhr)
Fax: (089) 5900-4070
Email: info@DasErste.de
http://www.daserste.de/service/allround ... aza~cm.asp

I have to admit I don't know how current any of these are, I copied this from an old Miribecca thingie.

BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2012, 22:28 

Awesome, Lola, I appreciate it! I will give it a try.

BeitragVerfasst: 02.06.2012, 13:50 

well, I don't think that the clips being accepted has much to do with being aware or supporting the gay stuff, it's just that ARD is an official broadcaster sanctioned by the state. They don't make much money with advertising and it seems that they generally don't block stuff on youtube, because they can afford it from their point of view. you can find whole episodes of VL or Sturm der Liebe or other stuff from them on youtube and nothing happens, because ARD seems to not care and is not giving any video material for IDing to youtube. The story of Nina and Erika for instance which is an old VL story as well, can't be uploaded, because those old eps got sold to a private broadcaster which is blocking on youtube.
well, maybe one could say, they can afford it to be nice to the gay audience :mrred:

With all the private companies I'm often unsure if it has more contra-productive effects than helpful ones to make them aware of the international interest, because that's the way to make them aware of the youtube traffic... and often it only heads into being blocked... as we saw on Las aparichio, Jemma etc.

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

Zuletzt geändert von hoppetosse am 02.06.2012, 13:54, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 02.06.2012, 13:51 

I know back in the day they closed down at least some channels if they had full episodes (there was one person who uploaded episodes in three parts), but it seems that they've stopped caring about that too.

BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2012, 06:22 

hoppetosse hat geschrieben:
With all the private companies I'm often unsure if it has more contra-productive effects than helpful ones to make them aware of the international interest, because that's the way to make them aware of the youtube traffic... and often it only heads into being blocked... as we saw on Las aparichio, Jemma etc.

Maybe I will stick to sending support to the actresses then through a Facebook page, such as the one listed for Melanie Kogler. There is a Canadian show called "Lost Girl" that pulled clips off of Youtube and eventually sold some rights to an American TV network to show it from the beginning. But you can only view trailers on the American website so you have to watch the show on TV in order to see the whole program. I was really surprised and grateful that ARD doesn't geo-block their videos.

BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2012, 14:00 

LOL! Look what I've found this needs spoofed subs :mrred:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BYI_OCR6RY[/youtube]

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 05.06.2012, 04:59 

I clicked on one of the links and went to another VL discussion site. I'm not sure if I understood everything correctly but I learned that quite a few people find the Marbecca storyline boring. Based on VL history, we cannot have Chrolli and Marbecca at the same time. Some people would prefer Christian and Marlene to get together and some think Rebecca is selfish for pursuing a relationship with her brother's girlfriend.

I am probably bias toward the story not being boring because I am pro Marbecca. In fact, I wish they were on every day. I wish the show could show 2 same sex couples at the same time. I am torn about Rebecca being selfish. On the one hand, one cannot pick with whom he/she falls in love. Plus, I think it would be hard to distance oneself if the other person had feelings for you. On the other hand, I realize it is wrong to interfere in an established relationship, and even worse if a family member is involved. I feel bad for Tristan, I really do. But how much "in love" with him can Marlene be if she has feelings for Rebecca? What do you think? Can a person be "in love" with 2 people at the same time? Do you think you could walk away if you were Rebecca? It wouldn't be the easiest thing to explain to your brother as to why you suddenly don't want to spend time with your BFF and happens to be his girlfriend. Then, you would have to skip breakfast in the morning with the rest of the family because she might be there. Even, the little kitchen area downstairs could be a potential spot to run into each other. Add the fact that Marlene is a celebrity so that adds the possibility of having to see her on tabloids. I am probably over thinking this whole thing, huh?

BeitragVerfasst: 05.06.2012, 06:09 

I tend to think that for a lot of people "it's boring" is their code for "I don't like it". But that's just my personal theory.

I tend to think that even aside from whether Marbecca is cute, it's not a boring story. I have a huge problem with VL right now that it's very... toothless. Like the show is always afraid for anybody to do anything truly controversial. Especially in the Tanja vs. Clarissa story. Rather than letting people do something truly bad and then letting them deal with it realistically, it's like the show always pacifies and backpaddles and sugarcoats.

Like there is a big war about Clarissa vs. Tanja among the fans and whether the show is painting Tanja to favorably. And to me, while I do think that it's somewhat questionable that they kind of paint Tanja as "the good one" now, I think what makes it even worse is that they don't make Clarissa the truly bad one either. They always stop short of anything actually interesting happening (Seb actually sleeping with Sonja, Tanja actually pushing Sonja during a quarrel, Clarissa actually setting this up intentional,
Spoiler:
Seb actually dying, Clarissa actually taking his liver, Clarissa actually killing Sonja.

Don't get me wrong, at other periods of the show the show actually overdid it with letting the characters do questionable and even nasty things, but to me it's too much in the other direction now.

I retrospect, I almost prefer the previous year of the show, there the pacing was slow, but the topics were actually serious and they came to a logical dramatic peak.
- Good girl Helena running over the show's resident main hero with her car and killing him
- Ansgar almost sleeping with his daughter/Victoria rushing into the hotel room and preventing the incest in the last second
- Twins Jan and Julia actually getting their happy end

Now it seems like VL always weasels out before the big logical climax for a lot of stories, especially Clarissa vs. Tanja and only brings the softened up version. I like Marbecca too because it's the only story that actually feels like there's something real on the table, where the chance that people might lose something feels real and not like "Bah, no matter, the show will just find a way to soften the blow so much it will become insignificant".

So even though I think there are parts that could be written better/with even more tension (like if they included more of the rest of the family), I think overall it's a good story. Especially since I feel the show has enough nice and non-threatening stories anyway (for example with the teen couples).

I get people's complaint that it's slow moving, but honestly, it's not a complaint I can particularly agree with. I think it's really just the current slow attention span of people. IMO VL is already too fast moving in a lot of areas, like a lot of stuff happing in the span of a few weeks and then suddenly not mattering anymore. I think soap stories have to be slow moving and I think this is also why Marbecca appeals to me. It's a very traditional story in that way. And again, I don't feel like it really slows down the show itself because to me everything around it is still (in part even too) fast moving.

Plus to me there are too many examples recently on the show where couples did get together very quickly and suddenly all the tension and appeal is gone. For example Kim and Emilio who entered into a teenage marriage. They now have some occasionally entertaining mini plots, but it doesn't really feel like a love story anymore. The same for Jessica and Daniel.

So yeah, I'd rather have some really old fashioned love story like Marbecca even if the cost is that it takes a long time. Better that than to get together quickly and be over the next day. It's kinda selfish, but if they're going to do a lesbian story, I'd rather it be a big one. Especially since VL doesn't really 'do' easy feel good stories/is really, really, really bad at them when they try.

As for Rebecca not caring about Tristan that much. I get why it's bad, but I also get why it is that way. There was a really, really cool line in the Hagen/Dana story which dealt with the fact how much it would mean for Dana to betray Marlene and why that would be so bad for the family. Hagen basically said that Marlene's family is a real family while the Lahnstein family is really just a accumulation of individualists, where everybody is pretty much doing their own thing. So I get why Tristan is more like an abstract duty to Rebecca rather than a real emotional connection, especially since they've usually been portrayed as the opposite of close in all their previous stories but at the most occasional allies. (and I rather like the the show is keeping it that way, that it's more "how can you be of use to me/how can we find some joined use" rather than "I really like you")

It's one of the few things I wish the story would mine more, to shine some contrast on that. Just how different Dana/Marlene is to Tristan/Rebecca. And that what Rebecca would be breaking if she got together with Marlene would be very different than what Dana broke when she got with Hagen. Or just explore Marlene's feelings about what it means to her to suddenly be the position that Hagen and Dana put her in last year.

BeitragVerfasst: 05.06.2012, 12:52 

I believe the same about prolonging the lovestory and how a story fades after the pair gets together. As much as I can be impatient and want them to get together, I enjoy the tension building and it being expressed in various ways. It seems harder for writers to be able to create realistic stories for an established couple other than having someone else break them apart. Honestly, I have not been able to get into the teen couples or Jessica/Daniel. I mainly have watched the Marlene and Rebecca clips so I haven't seen much of them. What I have seen doesn't capture my interest much.

The explanation of the difference between the Wolfs and the Lahnsteins is interesting. I can definitely see it in the Lahnsteins. I haven't seen enough interaction of Marlene's family yet. I think the writers definitely have an opportunity to delve into the characters more and involve the other family members/friends, as you had suggested. I am looking forward to watching it all unfold.

BeitragVerfasst: 05.06.2012, 18:53 

mimi7164 hat geschrieben:
Allstars5355 hat geschrieben:
I am happy that I can talk about the story line with all of you. I can understand and write German quite well. I don't need subtitles to follow the episodes. But English is a little bit easier for me to write.

I am really glad to be able to talk about the storyline also. So thank you to all of you who share your thoughts in the English section! I am impressed at everyone's fluency in understanding and writing the language. In my humble opinion, it demonstrates one of many ways in which European countries are more globally-minded and advanced than the United States.

English is also a international language. German too. So because these languages are international a lot of people don't need to learn a nother language I think. And it is also what do learn at school? I never had French on school. I don't thing my German and English are perfect, but I do my best. :wink:

I got sunshine on a ''Claudi'' day. <3

BeitragVerfasst: 05.06.2012, 19:19 

Todays episode!!! :ohnmacht: :ohnmacht: :ohnmacht: I loved it!! I love how open Marlene was, but still she is carefull. It looks like she is testing Rebecca. But I also think that we aren't there jet. Because I think although Marlene has feelings for Rebecca, she still has to go through the process that she has feelings for a Woman. I love to see them together!! I love there chemistry!! :liebe2: :liebe2: There are a lot of different emotions, and I can really feel them. They really make my day everytime I see them. I am smiling after watching the episode on tv!! :herzschlag:

BeitragVerfasst: 05.06.2012, 22:09 

English is also a international language. German too.

What???? :shock: :shock: my god... :shock: really? :yeahyeah: :huhu:
I can't believe what I read :mrred: thanks for giving the german language an international meaning... I'm totally surprised :wink:

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 05.06.2012, 22:52 

hoppetosse hat geschrieben:
English is also a international language. German too.

What???? :shock: :shock: my god... :shock: really? :yeahyeah: :huhu:
I can't believe what I read :mrred: thanks for giving the german language an international meaning... I'm totally surprised :wink:

Did I say something wrong again? :oops: :oops: I meant that it is spoken in many countries. And that in many tourist places in other countries people talk reasonable German or English. My mother grew up with only German tv channels and only three Dutch tv channels. So her German is better than English. Sorry when I made a mistake!! :oops: :oops:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 246 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC