Aktuelle Zeit: 07.05.2024, 20:17

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 246 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Discussion about the storyline
BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2012, 00:34 

Zitat:
if anyone else loved that Rebecca told Marlene off and put her in her place about the accusations. Don't get me wrong, I love Marlene and enjoy seeing her thoughts/feelings toward Rebecca but I am glad Rebecca didn't just stand there and be accused. I thought Rebecca was very professional yesterday and was able to supress her feelings by focusing on the task at hand. Marlene, on the other hand, couldn't hide her desire from us, at least.

No most of here are really loving it too. I mean, I kinda get that if you see it from Rebecca's POV, like what she knows, she's maybe jumping the gun a bit freaking out at Marlene that way. But I think ultimately it's the right thing.

We talked about it a lot in the German section that this is what makes Marlene/Rebecca exactly the opposite from Marlene/Tristan. That the big problem of the Marlene/Tristan relationship is that they never talk. Like, if you look at the backstory videos you can for example tell that Tristan had an inner fear that Marlene might still be in love with Hagen. But he doesn't just talk to her about it. He keeps it quiet and then tries to sort of come to it from the back by fishing for information with hypotheticals. There is just a certain way Tristan deals with her, very accomodating and flexible, but it also results in them never talking about the real issues. Doubly so from Marlene's side because she seems to never want to talk to her parnters about her problems. Like in the backstory videos, when Tristan was really angry with Marlene about the paternity test lie, she went and cried and talked explicitly and with a lot of detail about it with her sister and her dad but with Tristan she was extremely hard and controlled and abrasive and noncommittal again.

I feel the times where he does talk to her it's kinda like that too, trying to be very defensive/controlled/logical/overwhelming somebody with words. I feel Rebecca's much more direct/emotional/passionate ways of dealing with it seems to have a much better chance of actually getting through to Marlene.

I often feel like Marlene is kinda used to people being impressed with her outward shell and that is enough. And it's really new and confusing for her that Rebecca gets through her shell so easily and actually maybe actually wants to get to the inner her. While most guys in her life were just content chilling out ot her pretty outer shell.

Random: I wonder if the jungle warrior stuff was a reference to that that show "I'm a star get me out of here" (because the season of the german version aired somewhat recently)

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 31.05.2012, 00:34 

BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2012, 00:47 

Zitat:
Random: I wonder if the jungle warrior stuff was a reference to that that show "I'm a star get me out of here" (because the season of the german version aired somewhat recently)

Were any of the celebs from VL in it?

BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2012, 00:48 

No. But one of the guys from there will have a guest role on VL in a few weeks (VL kinda has this thing where they love to invite random celebrities for guest roles).

BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2012, 00:52 

Pity. It would've been nice seeing say, the actress who plays Marlene in a jungle. :wink:

BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2012, 00:52 

mimi7164 hat geschrieben:
I am impressed at everyone's fluency in understanding and writing the language. In my humble opinion, it demonstrates one of many ways in which European countries are more globally-minded and advanced than the United States.
well, I dunno if it's about the US "versus" Europe - I think it's also or more that if you have english as your motherlanguage there's not so much the need to speak another language. And therefore not so much the experience how it is to not understand stuff as most of it is in english. I for example am so glad that some people started to put english subs on the Lip Service clips and also on the Jelly clips from Hollyoaks, because sometimes spoken english is hard to understand from a non native perspective :wink:
And it was a pain before sometimes to understand Hollyoaks actresses and it seemed to me that at that stage, where there no subs were up, it was the non natives who tried to help each other to understand. It was quite funny sometimes :)
I think there's sometimes a bit of ignorance from english speaking people here. For example a friend of mine offered Venice some english subs for their series but unfortunately she never got a response.

So I'm very grateful to those who finally started the "service" - thanks! :redknuddel:

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

Zuletzt geändert von hoppetosse am 31.05.2012, 01:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2012, 01:01 

hoppetosse hat geschrieben:
mimi7164 hat geschrieben:
I am impressed at everyone's fluency in understanding and writing the language. In my humble opinion, it demonstrates one of many ways in which European countries are more globally-minded and advanced than the United States.
well, I dunno if it's about the US "versus" Europe - I think it's also or more that if you have english as your motherlanguage there's not so much the need tp speak another language. I for example am so glad that some people started to put english subs on the Lip Service clips and also on the Jelly clips from Hollyoaks, because sometimes spoken english is hard to understand from a non native perspective :wink:
And it was a pain before sometimes to understand Hollyoaks actresses and it seemed to me that at that stage where no subs were up, it was the non natives who tried to help each other to understand. It was quite funny sometimes :) So I'm very grateful to those who finally started the "service" - thanks! :redknuddel:

Oh, I didn't know you watch Lip Service, Hoppe. (I know it's probably not the right place to ask but, what did you think of the finale?) I can imagine it must be hard to understand the characters with their strong Glasgow accent. I think Frankie was the only one without an accent. And Hollyoaks isn't any better with their Mancunian, Scouse, Irish and if not more accents.

Zuletzt geändert von UKFan am 31.05.2012, 01:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2012, 01:21 

UKFan hat geschrieben:
Oh, I didn't know you watch Lip Service, Hoppe. (I know it's probably not the right place to ask but, what did you think of the finale?) I can imagine it must be hard to understand the characters with their strong Glasgow accent. I think Frankie was the only one without an accent. And Hollyoaks isn't any better with their Mancunian, Scouser, Irish and if not more accents.
well, Lip Service is deffo better to understand :) Tilly and Jen sometimes speak very fast AND low. And Diane and her daughter... mancunian??? :) irish? 8) (I once was supposed to work with an older man when I was in Ireland and it was fun, we really were a complete failure trying to communicate. I asked him again and again, can you say it again? Slowlier?... Nothing, haha!!!) :mrred:
I liked the episode apart from the male Tess's-theatre-colleague who's story seemed just too long (in both of te last episodes). I'm somehow glad that Frankie and Cat are gone - I like new Lexie. The ending is very plausible to me and also open to new turns IF there's a third season. I'm not sure if I'm team "Tessie" or "Lexam" ??? I like both + that makes t interesting for me. Tess is just a sweetheart + the fool of the show and I love artistic/creative/playful characters.

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2012, 01:55 

hoppetosse hat geschrieben:
well, Lip Service is deffo better to understand :) Tilly and Jen sometimes speak very fast AND low. And Diane and her daughter... mancunian??? :) irish? 8) (I once was supposed to work with an older man when I was in Ireland and it was fun, we really were a complete failure trying to communicate. I asked him again and again, can you say it again? Slowlier?... Nothing, haha!!!) :mrred:
I liked the episode apart from the male Tess's-theatre-colleague who's story seemed just too long (in both of te last episodes). I'm somehow glad that Frankie and Cat are gone - I like new Lexie. The ending is very plausible to me and also open to new turns IF there's a third season. I'm not sure if I'm team "Tessie" or "Lexam" ??? I like both + that makes t interesting for me. Tess is just a sweetheart + the fool of the show and I love artistic/creative/playful characters.

Oh yeah, Jen has a Scottish accent (another one to add to the list :) ), I think. Not too sure about Tilly, just sounds normal to me. I hear Maddie's accent gets a lot of criticism, but TBH I don't have any trouble with it. Diane and Sinead have a Scouse (Liverpool) accent. I'm pretty alright with accents being born and bred here, but I must admit I do find the Macunian (Machester) accent pretty hard at times. Like if you've ever seen Sophie from Coronation Street, her and Sian had one of the strongest accents I've ever heard. I'm just glad I haven't got such a strong accent being from Nottingham.

:o How can you be glad Frankie/Cat are gone? Well, Cat could annoy me at times but I did like Frankie a lot. My new fave is Sadie. Aw, I felt so bad for her in the finale with what happened to her and Lauren but she does bring it all on to herself. Lexie is good, at first I liked her with Sam but now I'm all Tess/Lexie. Am not too keen on Sam anymore, not that I've ever been a big fan of hers. LOL, Tess's guy mate's SL did drag on a bit. Here's hoping there is a third series. I only got into it this series so it would be a pity if it had to end so soon.

BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2012, 07:10 

@ Lola, on the German discussion for "what is coming up soon in the storyline" you provided a link for a live-journal discussion of VL. In it "thelana" mentioned that the ratings for the show are tanking. Is there any speculation that VL may end up getting cancelled? I really hope it wouldn't be but it's always a concern for any show since ratings are tied to advertising $$ during a particular time slot.

To the group, how do you think Inge Brandner is going to fit into the VL storyline(s)?

BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2012, 07:29 

The ratings have been kinda iffy for a while on VL, approximately since Christmas. It's still kinda unsure how it will continue. Currently there are other shows airing around/after it that have even worse ratings (though the worst of those already got cancelled), but you never know whether the channel might get any crazy ideas. It seems like they get renewed on a yearly basis and I don't know when we'll find out whether VL got their next year. IMO they were renewed somewhat recently because they had a huge influx of money (visible in all the new sets) just a while ago. I also think that whatever the future of VL might be, the Marbecca storyline, at least the initial story is probably already "wrapped" (VL plots ahead about 6 months, so by the time we are seeing the first episodes, the final ones have already been written, the fate long decided). And the way things are going for Marbecca I think things are looking very bright. Of course, additional support never hurts.

Inge Brandner, nobody knows. Maybe we'll find out more when the new shooting schedule gets posted which should be soon (beginning of the month). Then we'll know if she's a regular character and whether any other new characters follow in her wake (VL has a tendency to bring on new characters in groups).

BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2012, 17:06 

Well that was disappointing. No scenes of Marlene/Rebecca together in today's episode. Hopefully Tuesday's epi' should be better.

BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2012, 18:32 

How often do they switch out writers? It was mentioned on the other thread that the Inge character is part of some new writers joining VL. You shared that they usually plan for 6 months at a time. In your experience with the show, would/could these new writers impact the Marbecca storyline down the road? It seems as if the future may be good for the two characters but it is a little worrisome if the "Marbecca friendly" writers were to be replaced. Granted you never know, we could get even friendlier writers but it could also work the opposite. I understand that any opinion you or anyone else would have on the topic is pure speculation, but you guys are more familiar with the patterns of VL from having watched for awhile.

BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2012, 18:34 

UKFan hat geschrieben:
Well that was disappointing. No scenes of Marlene/Rebecca together in today's episode. Hopefully Tuesday's epi' should be better.

From the standpoint of the two actresses sharing screentime in the same scenes, next week's episodes look more promising.

BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2012, 18:56 

VL switches (head) writers rather frequently. At least in the last few years it's been normal for them to stay about 1 year. It's also rather frequent for them to bring on their own characters and storylines. VL is very.... couple based. Like it's somewhat frequent for a character to just have 1 or 2 stories and then leave. If you stay for let's say 5-7 years you're considered a bit long in the tooth. However it seems to be that if a writer had a very large story plotted out the following writers seem to be somewhat obligated to continue the story.

To give an example.

Dana, Hagen and Marlene all joined the show together. Dana/Hagen were one of the big 2 "forbidden love" couples. From the moment Dana joined there was always talk about the great Lahnstein derby (a big horse race). It happened roughly 6 months after Dana's introduction and it was indeed when Dana and Hagen officially got together. After that they were included as supporting characters in Marlene's rape story, kinda as "atonement" for screwing Marlene over originally. They got their wedding roughly one year after their original introduction kind of closing the cycle of their storyline. Now there's some speculation whether they will get their second story which might or might not have something to do with adoption or partner swapping or a quadrangle. Nobody knows. But chances that that it will be substancially different from how their original getting together story worked.

Not all stories are structured that rigidly but a lot of the forbidden love stories are. We don't really know whether Marbecca was originally intended as a typical 6 month story or a 1 year story. And we don't know what is intended for them from the next writing team. It could be anything from being written off together, to being happy but a bit on the back burner, to immediately getting the next story, to the writers having completely different plans for them because they need them in some way for new characters that they might be introducing.

I have to admit, I tend to think it's kinda pointless to argue with writers anyway. Either they will fall in love with a character or couple or they won't there is really nothing one can do about it (especially since we likely won't be privy to their plans for months). Of course it's always good / never hurts to just write in and say "I really enjoy these characters and I want to see more of them" or to just let the actors know that you support them. :bussi:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 246 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC