Aktuelle Zeit: 02.05.2024, 07:14

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 238 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.04.2011, 10:58 

Yeah yeah I know. This part was originaly postet on New Year Eve.

Part 80

The family wanted to celabrate New Year Eve on the castle. Because the whole family was in Dusseldorf this year, the children stayed
at home and did not go to a club. It promised to be a nice family evening. Elisabeth was also home for New Year Eve.

They wanted a relaxing evening with snacks and drinks. Constantin and Leonard went looking for games they had played when they were young and came back with several games. As they looked at boxes the memories of when they played then came back.

Brigitte had discussed the snacks with the cook and would finish them tonight. The Champagne had been taken from the cellar and stood in the fridge. Stella had discussed with staff what they had to prepare for the evening and sat in her office discussing some details with them, before they went to home. After the meeting, Julius entered her office.
"Mum, when are you finished?"
"I'm actually ready. Is something wrong?"
"Uh, yes, I want to talk to you"
"That sounds serious. What is it?"
"When I was in Scotland with Mama, I told her that I would like to meet my grandmother"
"Who do you mean?"
"Well, uh, your mother"
"Ah, and?"
"She told me then that I had to discuss it with you, but you probably like her, would be afraid of the disappointment"
"I hear a but?"
"Well, when Mom told us she had invited to Sven for Christmas, I thought uh "
"What is Julius? What did you think?"
"Okay, well I called her"
"What?"
"Yes. I called her and told her who I was, but she knew that already"
"And what did she say?"
"We had a nice conversation. She asked a lot about me and Marcus. What we are doing. What study we are doing"
Stella took a deep breath and tried to stay calm.
"How was it?"
"Well good. I thought she was very nice. We agreed to call more often"
"That pleases me"
"So you're not mad?"
"Of course not. I have a disagreement with her, but that does not mean you should have contact with her. Has Marcus also talked to her?"
"No, she does not want to, because she was so mean to you. So you're really not mad?"
"Oh no!"
"Okay, then I go so you can continue"

After Julius was gone, Stella sat a little stunned at her desk. Justus came into the kitchen told her that he went home.
"Justus, where's my wife?"
"In her office. I wish you a happy New Year"
"Thanks, you too Justus"

Stella walked up towards Carla's office and met Leonard.
"Stella, do you know where Carla is?"
"I'm on my way to her. She is in her office"
Leonard went with her. Stella really wanted to speak Carla alone, but just let him be. They walked into Carla's office
"Hey Carla, am I disturbing you?"
"Leo, no, uh Stella too. Is something wrong?"
"No, well not that I do know of, but I have just one question"
"Yes and that is?"
"Do you know that Mahjongg game we always played. That box was in the pile of games, but lacks a stone. Do you know where that is?"
"Uh, I do not know that game was still there"
"Yes, but you know where the stone is?"
"Uh no, uh I do not know"
"Well, then we won't play that. Bye"
"Why did you hesitate answering?"
"Uh, well yes"
"And again you hesitate, what is it?"
"Stella, you just started working here, but I was already head over heels in love with you. Then we needed the hunting cabin and uh,
then you somehow knew that we as children played Mahjongg and the game was in the cabin with a note from you"
"I'm afraid I do not remember. But what about it?"
"As a teenager with a crush, I took the note and a stone from the game"
"Really. How sweet. Where is that note and that stone?"
"Both I always carry in my bag"
"Carla, you're blushing! How sweet"
"Yes, but let me be. Why did you come?"
"Oh yeah. Julius was just with me. He said he discussed with you previously that he would call my mother"
"He wanted to visit her, but I told him he had to discuss it with you first. Has he done that now?"
"No, he reported that he called her, and together they have talked a lot"
"What? No way"
"Yes. That is what he said. Weird huh? She never asks about them and then he just calls and they have a whole conversation"
"Stella. I think you should not wait too long to visit your mother"
"No, I certainly do not. Do have much more work to do?"
"No, I'm ready. Shall we go to the rest of the family?"
"Yeah, say can I see that stone en not?"
"Now?"
"Yes"
"Why?"
"I want to see it blush again"
"Oh, stop it. Let's go"

The rest of the evening they had lot of fun together. There were several games played. Sarah played some piano. They sang some
songs together. Time flew and before they knew it, it was half past eleven. They went outside as soon as possible because the
boys wanted to start their fireworks. They took Champagne and glasses outside. Together they counted till it was midnight and
then the corks popped. Everyone wished each other a Happy New Year and the boys started their fireworks. Sven and Constantin
could not wait to help them, but couldn't go yet,because they didn't wish everybody a goo year yet.

Sven went to Stella.
"Hey sister, I wish you a wonderful New Year. It's all going to be well with our mother, wait and see"
"Oh, Sven I hope so, if only for the children. But what about you and Nico"
"Wow, now I understand why you and Carla are kissing so much. Those Lahnsteins know how to kiss"

"Carla, I wish you all the luck in the World"
"You too Susanne. Thanks for your help the past few days"
"That's obvious. We're a family"
"Yes, we are. Not as planned, but finally we did become a family"

"Stella. I wish you all the best in the world and many happy years with my sister"
"Thank you Leo. Who would have thought that, after the bad start between Carla and me"

"Nico, I wish you lots of love"
"Thank you Carla, you too, but uh I understand now why you and Stella are kissing so much. Those Mann know how
to kiss"

"Stella, I wish you all the love and happiness and want to thank you for caring for my mother"
"Nina, your mother is a grandmother to my children, how can I not care for her. Besides I love her"

"Carla, I had a lot of trouble coming to Dusseldorf, but the welcome in your family is heartwarming, thank you"
"Erika, you are part of this family too"

"Stella, you're glowing."
"Yes Sonja, I'm so happy. I really do not realise that every day, but today a great day"

"Mom, you're glowing"
"Yes, Sophia, I'm so happy. Today ... ... "
"What do you say ... ... .... "

They could not understand each other through the noise of the fireworks.
They looked at each other and cried all at the same time.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR"

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 18.04.2011, 10:58 

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.04.2011, 12:42 

Part 81

The holidays had passed a few weeks ago. Everyone was back home, except for Nina and Erika. Who would stay in Dusseldorf a while
to support Elisabeth in her recovery.

Stella, Sven and Sonja had agreed that they would meet each other in late January and then visit their mother. Because they did not
want to inform her in advance, they kept the visit secret, so Julius could not accidentally tell her. It was winter so they decided not to
go by car but by plane. They told the children that they were leaving for a weekend together.

At the airport, they rented a car and drove to Sven, wherever they would stay. They rang the doorbell in and the door was opened.
"Nico?"
"Carla, Stella, come inside. How are you?"
"Uh, okay, but what is going on? Are you really together?"
"Well, we have fun together. I thought, I grab my bag and camera and go to Denmark"
"What do you mean? Have you moved here?"
"Ah, you know I always have my work with me. Next adventure and now in Denmark. Sven is really a treasure, Carla"
"He has really gotten to you sister, so fast"
"Well, Carla how much time did you need with Stella" and she gave Carla a wink.
"That is true, but I need more time and now I feel like coffee. Where is my brother?"
"Working, but he can come home any moment. Let's go drink coffee"

While they were drinking coffee in the kitchen, Sven came home. He greeted his sister and Carla warmly, but first gave Nico a kiss.
"Did you have a good trip?"
"Yes, excellent. When will our little sister come?"
"Tomorrow morning, then we go straight to Mama's apartment"
"Are you sure she is home then?"
"Stella, her whole life long Saturday is her laundry day, you know that. No, I'm sure she's home. What are you two going to do?"
"Well, I don't see my sister as often as would like to. Nico, we will make it a sister day, but we remain in the area, because I have
promised Stella I would"

The next morning they were having breakfast when the doorbell rang.
"That will be Sonja, Stella will you walk with me to the door?"
Stella walked to the door with Sven.

"Carla, why is Stella so nervous?"
"She is so afraid that it will go wrong again. Especially because Julius now has regular contact with his grandmother, but I can not
change her mind. We should really stay close, I promised her that"
"Yes of course"

Sonja came in and they greeted each other very warmly and drank another cup of coffee and were ready to go.

Stella, Sven and Sonja were at the apartment and looked at the doorbell.
"There is her doorbell"
"Where Sven?"
"There. Look at the nameplate, Frau Uta Mann"
"Oh I see. I'm so nervous"
"Oh, Stella, we are so often disappointed. It can only get better"
"I know that Sonja, but Julius is now so committed to her"
They rang and a little later heard.
"Yes, who's there"
"Sven and Sonja and Stella are also here"
There was a pause and then they heard the door opened. They walked to the elevator and went to the right floor. The door was already
open.They looked at each other quizzically, but went inside. They looked around, because neither of them had ever been in the
apartment. Their mother had bought the apartment after the sale of the hotel. They heard noises from the kitchen and walked towards
it. Their mother stood there and made coffee.
"Hi Mom, how are you?" Sven asked.
"Good. I'm glad you're here. I'll make coffee, you may just go sit down in the living room"

They walked to the living room and looked at each other quizzically. Sven sat down, but Stella and Sonja walked across the room to
view it. Stella was particularly interested in the photos standing there. Pictures of their father, from them at various stages in their lives,
but what she immediately noticed, was a photograph of herself with Carla and the kids.
"Where did she get this picture" Stella thought. Sonja was now beside her and pulled her shoulders.
They heard Uta was coming and sat down with Sven.

She gave them coffee, sat down and immediately began to talk.
"I had expected you. Julius told me that you have celebrated Christmas together in Dusseldorf. Stella I hate that I haven't made time to
meet my grandchildren earlier. Yes, I know that Julius came to me first, but what a sweet boy you have. I would love to meet my other
two grandchildren, but I understood from Julius that they do not want that, as long as I disagree with you and Carla. Sven, I'm terribly
sorry that your marriage ended in divorce and that I was not there for you. Sonja, I'm sorry that I have claimed you so that you had no
other choice than to leave home at such a young age. I hate that I lost contact with you and I am sorry that I did not previously came to
you, And now I do not know what to say anymore"
Sven, Sonja and Stella sat listening with open mouth. It sounded like she had practised this.

The first one who started talking was Sonja, but is was always the hot heads in the family. She went on rampage, so Sven called her to
order. He told his mother that he had found it very sad that she was not there for him, during his divorce. She began to explain that she
should have sold the hotel much earlier. By keeping it she had lost precious time. Time she had to spend with them. Time in which she
could have handled the death of her husband, but no suppress your feelings because all the work had to be done. Sven and Sonja
talked extensively with their mother, Stella had said nothing yet.
Finally Uta asked;
"Stella, why aren't you saying anything?"
"What do you mean with your other two grandchildren?"
"Marcus and Sophia. How is Carla's health? Is she at home or did she come along to Denmark?"
"She is well and yes she is here"
"Why did not bring her along?"
"Because we felt we had to do this alone. Carla is shopping with my girlfriend"
"Do you have a new girlfriend Sven, that is very nice for you. Do I know her?"
"No you do not. It is Carla's sister"
"How nice for you?"
"Mama I'm a bit speechless. All these years you have ignored me and my family. You have never accepted my marriage to Carla
and now .. "
"I know. I know Stella. But I do not know how to make it right. Through the contact with Julius I realised what I missed and how I hurt
you, you and Carla. I could give excuses, but I can not make it up to you, I'm sorry I've hurt you. I am very sorry that I missed so much.
I would love a chance to be part of your life and your family. I so much want to be a grandmother to your children. I so much want to be
your mother again. Can you forgive me?"
There was a pause. Sonja started to talking first,
"I am quite willing to restore the contact Mom, but we will have much to talk about. Let us agree that we will do that with small steps.
With every one of us"
"That seems a good idea, so often we are not all together in one place. What do you think this evening at my house for dinner? We are
there, but also my girlfriend Nico and Carla. Then you'll be able to meet Nico"
"I would really like it. Stella, do you think that is a good idea?"
"I, uh, for me this is all going a little too fast. There is too much to discuss"
"I understand that. Maybe we should do this some other time"
"I have a proposal. When Sonja and I go shopping for the evening and you stay here with Mom, then you have the whole afternoon to
talk?"
Sonja and Sven were looking a bit worried, because Stella was clearly a bit stunned and she did not answer.
"Stella, do you want Carla to be with you?"
"Yes, Sven. Would you call her?"

It took 15 minutes for Carla to be there. Sven and Sonja went and the rest of the afternoon there was extensive discussion. Some tears
flowed back and forth, but the air was cleared some what. The dinner at Sven's home was relaxed and they said goodbye to each other
in a friendly warm way.

The next day Carla and Stella were go home, but Stella wanted to see her mother before they went to the airport.
"We can only stay for a moment because we need to go to the airport, but I would like to invite you to come to Dusseldorf. The boys
celebrate their 18th birthday on Feb. 22. I, we would like it if you would come, but before that time come to us for a weekend so you
get to know our family"
"Oh, Stella, I would really like that. Oh, I would really like to come"
"Okay, I'll call you when we get home to finally make an appointment. Bye Mom"
"Bye Stella, may I hug you?"
"That you may"

For the first time in years she felt it would be alright. Carla couldn't escape a hug, but she was happy that the air was finally cleared.

Once they were home the appointment was made quickly. Uta came one week before the birthday of the boys to Dusseldorf. Stella
herself went to the airport to pick her up. Carla stayed home with the kids. Julius welcomed the arrival of Uta, but Marcus had a very
difficult time. Carla had talked to him repeatedly over the past few days, but he remained sceptical.

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.04.2011, 13:54 

Good for Stella.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.04.2011, 13:56 

Yep. Good for her. :wink:

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.04.2011, 17:38 

ho1291 hat geschrieben:

"Stella, you just started working here, but I was already head over heels in love with you. Then we needed the hunting cabin and uh,
then you somehow knew that we as children played Mahjongg and the game was in the cabin with a note from you"
"I'm afraid I do not remember. But what about it?"
"As a teenager with a crush, I took the note and a stone from the game"

I SOOOO see (someone like) Carla doing it ;) ;) [/b]

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.04.2011, 18:09 

:lol: :lol: :lol: so do I moment so do I. :wink:

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2011, 00:10 

Again, excellent writing! I was hooked and couldn't stop reading. I even got teary eyed in the spots where everyone else was. You have a great talent. Looking forward to more wherever you write it.. ciao

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2011, 07:45 

Thank you very much meech

:knicks:

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2011, 11:58 

Part 82

Stella and her mother approached the castle. Uta did not know what she saw.
"You live here? This is so big. Is this, belongs this, this is big!"
"Yes, it's big. I had to get used to it too, but do not be deterred. It is my home"
"Is anyone there?"
"Yes, Carla and the kids are home"
"Stella, I find it a bit scary. Will they accept me?"
"Accept yes, but you will have to find a place in their heart on your own"

Julius was already waiting outside. Stella parked the car and opened the door for Uta.
"Grandma, finally we meet"
"Julius, I did not expect that you are so big. Let me take a good look. In this picture, you seem not so big"
"No, but it is already one year old"
"Ah," Stella thought "that is how she got to that photo"
"Julius, would you take my suitcase ... who is this guy who's taking my suitcase?"
"Staff Grandma"
"Stella you have staff to carry suitcases?"
"Mom, we have staff for everything. You do not think we can maintain the castle on our own"
"No, no but uh, well it's much bigger than expected"
"Let's go inside"

Carla was waiting inside with Marcus. He was very nervous.
"Mom, I know it must do this. I know I should show her hospitality, but it cost me a lot of trouble"
"I know, but your grandmother knows that too. That is why she is coming now and not just for your birthday. She knows we have
always been honest with you and that you handle it differently then Julius. She understands it. Give her time, but certainly give
yourself time. I'll stay with you" and she laid her hand on his shoulder.

Stella, Julius and Uta came in. Stella and Uta saw immediately that Carla was supporting Marcus. Julius took the initiative.
"Grandma, may I introduce you to my brother Marcus"
He walked with her to Marcus and put his arm around him. Marcus was glad that his brother supported him.
"Hello Marcus, I'm very glad to finally meet you" and she offered him her hand.
Marcus shook her hand. Before it really could go wrong Stella said
"I will first show you your rooms, you can freshen up and then we drink coffee"
"That's good, but where is Sophia?"
"She is not home yet. She had an appointment"

Stella went with her mother to her room. Carla and the boys went to the living room.
"Marcus, are you okay?"
"Not really Mom. I takes me so much effort to be nice. She has hurt you and especially Mum so much"
"I know. We have already discussed it a lot with her. There still has to be discussed a lot. Also between you and her, but give it time"
"I'll help you with it Marcus. Let's show her our new apartment together"
"Not just yet Julius. Let me be for a moment"
Stella entered.
"Where's Grandma?"
"She'll be here in a moment, Julius" and she went to Marcus who was standing next to Carla. She looked inquiringly into his eyes
and saw tears coming, she embraced her son.
"You did great. I'm proud of you because I know that it costs you so much effort. Give it time"
"Mum she has hurt you so much. She never wanted to know us. How can I like her?"
"You don't have to, but give yourself and her the opportunity to talk about it. You know we are behind you" after which Carla also put her arm around him.

Uta came in and saw them standing. She did not know what to do. Entering the room or leaving the room at once. Julius broke the
tension by greeting her and offering coffee to her. They sat down and drank coffee together, but the excitement was intense.
Uta finally began to speak.
"Marcus, I know I am not the grandmother that you might have wished. I know I hurt Stella and Carla a lot. I know I've never sought
contact with you. For that I'm terribly sorry, but I can not turn back time. I know you and Sophia think different than Julius. I find
this regrettable, but understandable. I really appreciate you still being here now. I appreciate it very much that you are honest and
show you sincere feelings. I have always struggled with it himself, but slowly I manage to show my feelings more and more. I hope
we will be able to talk to each other during my stay here. I would love to get to know you"
They were all listening and did not know how to respond. Carla was about what to say something, when Sophia came into the
living room furious.

"Ridiculous. I parked at Aunt Charlie to give her a CD and get a parking ticket. I stand there for only a minute and ... oh sorry.
Uh, sorry. Hello, may I introduce myself Sophia von Lahnstein"
"Hi Sophia, Uta Mann. How much?"
"How much what?"
"How much do you have to pay for that fine?"
"Oh, I don't even know, but I'm really furious"
"Yes, I see that. Do you want coffee?"
"Yes please"
Uta was pouring coffee for Sophia. Sophia glanced at Carla and she immediately understood that she had seen that she had been
standing in the doorway for a while.
"Marcus, I need some help. My laptop was doing so strange this morning. I also got no Internet connection"
"Yes, that's okay, I'll help you. Now?"
"After I finish my coffee"

After coffee, they went.
"Would you like to come with us? I'll show you my apartment and studio"
"I'd love to"
They went with the four of them to Sophia's apartment, because Julius also came along.

Carla and Stella remained in the living room.
"How does she always do that? Sophia always knows the right moment to enter and to get the tension out of the air"
"I think this time she had a little help from the open door were she was standing for a while. But you're right Stella, whenever
Sophia comes in, the sun starts shining"
"And what do we do now? Now they're all gone"
"We can go to work, we can take a walk in the park, we can do anything we like. We can also just sit here. I'm comfortable,
but I'll be even more comfortable when you come sit with me "
Stella sat next to Carla and who put her arm around her.
"Stella, how does it feel now that your mother is here and I do not mean Marcus reaction to her"
"Strange Carla, very strange. I hope it goes well with the kids"
"I hope so too, but I want to know how you feel"
"Carla, it will never be just fine, because too much has happened. I am sorry that she missed so much of my life. The sad
moments but also the happy ones. Of course there will be many more sad and beautiful moments, but, well, the joy of the
birth of your children you want to share with your mother. That has hurt me most. The indifference she showed when I told her
that I was pregnant and disinterest when I told her that she had become a grandmother"
"Isn't strange then that one of them was responsible for restoring the contact"
"Yes, didn't you feel that when Sophia was born?"
"Yes, but it was different. My mother had already died when Sophie was born. Luckily, my father still met Sophia, although this was only briefly"
"Carla"
"Yes"
"I love you"
"I love you too"

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2011, 17:40 

Part 83

"Countess Lahnstein, Countess Lahnstein?"
Sophia turned and nodded at the man.
"5 minutes to go".
Sophia nodded back at the man.
Now she really became a bit nervous. There was a lot at stake.
She looked again into the audience and saw that they were becoming a bit restless.
They had to pay a lot to be here, but all for a good cause. Her gaze wandered back at her mothers. For them, and
especially for Stella was a lot at stake.
She felt someone was watching her. She looked at the orchestra pit and saw that Daniel looked at her with concern.
She gave him a wink and her dearest and most beautiful smile.
She was still head over heels in love with this man. From the first moment she saw him, I felt like if she was struck by lightning.
From that moment she first understood what her mother meant and felt when she talked about Hanna.
The love of her life, just like Daniel.

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2011, 17:49 

Part 84

It was hot. It was terribly hot. After the severe winter it was spring for a really short time and then it was summer. One heat wave followed another.
Sophia was on her way home. She had discussed the final details of her summer course at the Vienna Conservatory. She attended some master
classes before she would finally graduate. She was so terribly hot.
"Why did I want a vintage car so much, no luxury, no comfort, but especially no air condition" she thought.
She just wanted to go home and cool off in the pool.

They parked the car, walked in and heard that her mothers were in the living room and having a terrible fight. They sometimes had a disagreement
but really arguing like this, that Sophia had never experienced. She therefore was very shocked, especially since the quarrel did not stop. She hesitated
what to do, enter or go to her apartment. The choice was made for her, Carla came from the living room stamping her feet.
"Mom, where are you going?"
"To the holding. Work" and left the castle.
Shortly after, Stella came out,
"Where is she?"
"To the holding. Work"
Stella ran outside.
"Carla, do not walk away now!"
But Carla was gone.

Stella came back inside sighing. Sophia was still nailed to the ground in the hallway. Stella looked at her, she wanted to walk into the living room,
but turned to Sophia.
"Sorry you had to witness this"
"Mum, I'm shocked. You never argued like this and it sounded very serious"
"It is serious"
"Mum, what's going on? Or is it too private?"
"Oh no, not at all private. Let's go to your apartment. I want to get out of here"

They went to Sophia's apartment. Sophia poured iced tea and they sat down.
"What's going on Mum?"
"Julius came this morning to talk to us. He told us he immediately quit his study and will work at the stud"
"What? Why?"
"He is deeply unhappy at the university. He does not want to continue studying but concentrate on the horses. That his girlfriend is also active in the
horse world will also be a reason, but he is particularly unhappy at the university"
"And Mama, did not agree I guess"
"Exactly. She was furious. Not amenable to reason and forbade him to stop his studies"
"Where is Julius now?"
"He walked away angry. I hope in his apartment, but he could also just be his girlfriend"
"What are you gonna do?"
"I'm about to see if he was in his apartment"
"Yes, I understand, but I mean with Mom's anger?"
"She will cool down again. I'll go see if Julius is there"

Julius was not in his apartment. Stella phoned his cellphone and he answered,
"Where are you?"
"With Claudia. Is Mama cooled down?"
"No, she is not. She is now in the holding.I'll try to talk to her when she back home tonight. How are you?"
"Mum. I've thought a lot about it. I am so unhappy at university. The decision to quit I've taken in January, but I feared telling you. And, well, Mom's reaction
shows that this fear was justified. I've never seen her so angry"
"She'll come around. When will you come back home?"
"Don't know yet. Mum. It is a deliberate decision of mine. Of course I'll take some courses. I also have some ideas on the development of the stud, but she
just will not listen"
"That she will. It is just well, she is currently very angry. Leave it up to me, she will calm down. Julius, I would like to know what your plans are, but not over
the phone. Shall we meet sometime tomorrow morning for coffee?"
"At 11.00 in No Limits?"
"That's good. See you tomorrow"

At dinner time Carla was still not home. Stella sent a text message asking if she will come home for dinner. She was told "no" nothing more. As Marcus and
Sophia weren't going to eat at home, Stella decided to eat in the suite. Old-fashioned, plate on her lap, TV on. Carla came home at 21.00.
"Have you eaten?"
"Yes"
"Do you want a drink?"
"No."
"Want to talk?"
"No"
"Whatever, I'll continue watching this movie"
Carla took a shower. After showering, she came into the living room already wearing her nightgown.
"Are you going to bed already?"
"Yes, I'm tired. And you?"
"I'll watch this movie"
"Night"
"Yes night"

Stella did not want to see the movie anymore and also went for a shower. When she finished she walked into the bedroom. She saw that Carla pretended
she was asleep, but Stella could hear from her breathing that that was not the case. She did not want to lie down beside her and went back to the living
room. Turned on the television again. It didn't take long before she fell asleep on the couch.

A little while later, Carla came into the living room and saw that Stella was asleep.
"Stella? Stella, wake up"
"Uh what, what?"
"I don't want to sleep alone, will you please join me"
"First, we need to talk"
"Can we do that tomorrow please, I'm so tired. I'll cancel all my appointments for tomorrow morning"
"Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with Julius"
"Where is he now?"
"He is with Claudia"
"Oh, uh how is he?"
"Angry and disappointed, but as I said I will talk to him tomorrow"
"Stella, I'm sorry I became so angry, but I was so disappointed that he stopped his studies, he throws away his future"
"I do not agree with you, but I do not want to fight anymore. Carla, he is so unhappy with his studies. From childhood on he lived for the horses. He says he has
plans for the stud. Listen to what he has to say. If his idea is not good or impossible to carry out, talk to him, but it is his choice"
"But he could always,after graduating ..."
"Carla stop. Look at Sophia, see how it lightens up when she sings. That's her passion. This passion you see in Julius when he is busy with his horses. Marcus
passion is business"
"Yes, but ... "
"No but. Carla your passion is still art. You have the same look in your eyes when you draw or paint, as Julius has with the horses. Were you so happy when your
father ordered you back to Dusseldorf?"
"That was a different time"
"Carla, you always say that, but I don't think so. The important thing is that our children are happy. And certainly we have the ability to absorb them financially if
things go wrong. Give him a chance, listen to him and let us not fight anymore"
"What time do you have an appointment with him?"
"11.00 o clock tomorrow morning, why?"
"Maybe I'll go with"
"Let's decide that tomorrow. Now we go to sleep"

The next morning they were having breakfast when Sophia entered. She looked at them both quizzically.
"Morning. Did you have breakfast yet?"
"No, not yet, but uhh .. "
"It's okay. We agree that we disagree with each other, don't we Carla?"
"Mh, yes, for now, but I would still like to have a conversation with Julius about this"
"Sure, but first I have a conversation with him, but how were your last discussions about the Vienna trip"
"Good. Next week I leave for 4 weeks to Vienna"
"Oh, well then we will see each other, because we leave in 6 weeks to Greece"
"Will you take Gran back home with you or is she going to stay with Nina and Erika for a while?"
"She doesn't know yet"

At 11.00 exactly Stella was in No Limits. Julius and Claudia were already waiting. They told her extensively and enthusiastically what their plans were.
Stella listened to them and became more and more enthusiastic and advised them to discuss the plan as soon as possible with Carla. They agreed that
he would come to the castle tonight. Stella went home.

Julius already expected that Stella would support him, but Carla's reaction really bothered him. He did not want wait until tonight and went straight to the
holding without Claudia.

He arrived and saw that Carla was focused reading some documents. He took a deep breath, knocked on the door went inside.
"Julius"
"Mom. Before you get angry again, I would like to propose the following. I have made a plan that I would like to submit to you and want an honest opinion
of you. Not like my mother, but as a businesswoman"
"Oh uh okay. Uh, now?"
"Yes, I have my laptop with me. On it is the plan"

He seated himself and showed her the plan and began to present it to her. Carla changed along the way from a still some what disappointed mother, in ti an
enthusiastic partner. Of course there were some little things that needed to be refined, but the plan was great. They agreed that he would make some changes
and that together they would discuss the plan with Christian, for he was after the manager of the stud and that would not change. On that Carla was clear.
If the plan would be accepted by Christian, he would become an employee of Christian.

Under the leadership of Christian and later the joint leadership of Christian and Julius, the Lahnstein Stud became a well known name in the dressage world.
Several champion horses bore the name Lahnstein.

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2011, 19:53 

:kampf:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2011, 19:55 

:lol: :lol: :knuff:

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2011, 19:58 

Part 85

The summer remained too hot. It was not easy to keep the big castle cool. In the private suites, they had air conditioning, but not in the public areas.
Sophia tried to use the air conditioner as little as possible, because it was not good for her voice. She had her suitcase packed. Some study books
and her laptop packed in her hand luggage and was ready to go, but first she would have lunch with her family.

After lunch she left. Carla and Stella took her to the airport.
"Have a good trip and take care of yourself"
"Will you call when you have arrived?"
"Yes, Mama, Yes, Mum"
"We're going to miss you"
"I am only gone for 4 weeks"
"Yes, but anyway"
"Sophia, try to relax a bit and enjoy it. Don 't just go study for 4 weeks"
"No, I will enjoy myself. I must go and Mom I'm glad you've spoken with Julius. Bye" and she gave each a hug and a kiss and was gone.

They waved her off and went home. Stella drove and was very quiet. Carla thought she was sad because Sophia was gone.
"You miss her already?"
"What?"
"I asked if you're missing her already?"
"What do you mean?"
"You're so quiet"
"Oh, well that I was not aware of"
They drove along.
"Stella, what is it?"
"Carla, I do not know. I have a weird feeling"
"What do you mean?"
"Wait, there's a parking lot. I'll stop"
"Stella, you're scaring me"
"That's not my intention. Let's go take a walk in that park"
"Stella, tell me now what is the matter?"
"Carla, I have a strange feeling about Sophia's trip to Vienna"
"Why?"
"I do not know. I feel that this trip will be special"
"Certainly. For 4 weeks, she will be surrounded by people with the same passion"
"Yes, certainly. Shall we just sit on that bench? It is not an anxious feeling, but, well I do not know either"
"Stella, do not worry. Sophia will manage"
"Yes, I'm sure she will"
"Stella. You told me last week about that passion off Sophia, Julius, Marcus and me. I have thought about it. You are absolutely right, although I
passionately lead the holding, the art really is my passion"
"That is what I see and meant"
"Yes, but Stella I, uh, well I know your passion for Piaf and opera, but do you know Stella we've been together for so long now, but what really is your
greatest passion. Where are your eyes sparkle? Yes, as they are now"
"Then I already answered your question?"
"What do .... Oh honey, how sweet"
"Do you have to go to the holding?"
"I should but, well if you have other plans ... .. uh ... , no I do not have to go to the holding. Home. Now!"

Sophia had landed in Vienna and wanted to call her mothers and tell them she arrived good, but both of them did not answer their cell phones. She had
called the castle and Justus told her that they were home, but should not be disturbed. So she decided to go to her hotel first. The hotel was fine. Not
overly luxurious, but at least air conditioning, because it was high summer in Vienna too. After she had showered and unpacked her suitcase, she decided
to visit the city. She wanted to see where the Opera was, because she would have a number of masterclasses there. She also wanted to see where the
conservatory was. As she walked through the city, she suddenly felt so alone.

"What am I doing here? I'm 26. Still live with my parents, It is a private residence, but still! I'm still studying, what I really love, but why don't I have somebody
to share it?" She was removed from her reverie by the sound of her cell phone.

"Mom. Hi, I called you, but you did not answer. Mum didn't answer either"
"No, uh, yeah, uh"
"Never mind I do not want to know"
"Sorry. How was your flight? How is the hotel?"
"All right Mom and it's about as hot as in Dusseldorf. Tomorrow I will go there and the first lessons will start"
"Sophia. Enjoy and take an occasional break from your studies and go into town"
"I will Mom. Give your Mum a hug, because uh, she laying next to you, isn't she?"
"How do, never mind. Enjoy sweetheart"

Sophia went looking for a restaurant to eat. She needed to get up early tomorrow and wanted to arrive fit. She chose a restaurant near the Conservatory.
She soon discovered that more students have thought of this, because she heard people talking about the various courses. She decided to join them so
she no longer felt so alone. The evening was nice and she, for a moment, lost her sense of loneliness.

Martin Luther King

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 238 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC