Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024, 15:14

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 16 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 14.09.2009, 03:49 
Appreciated Assistant

Don't know where to put this comment so I just created a thread [which doesn't need to have any comment necessarily...] just to pay homage to the VL creators/writers about this....

Now, hit me hard if I'm the only who just found out about this! Apparently, VL's always had a resident lesbian character even BEFORE Carla showed up in 2003!! Apparently, there was a main character named Nina - an all-in-all 100% gay like Carla! She's Elisabeth's daughter - imagine that!! WOW...Yup, she was on VL from 1998-2001! 4 years!! :ohnmacht:

Plus, she had a happy ending w/ her 1st love (Erica - whose character was like Susanne - "jumped ship" in her so-called "weak" moment) when they reconciled, albeit in 2005 (made a cameo appearance in celebration of VL's 10 years on TV)

Hmmm... hallo VL writers - Carla/Stella - hint! hint!! :will: :tongue:

Another WOW, indeed! VL writers/creators - what can I say except.... :flehen: Lang lebe die Deutschen!!!!! Hats OFF, man!! So, hopefully VL will continue to have "representation" after the departure of Carla... :wink:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 14.09.2009, 03:49 

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.11.2009, 18:39 

I remember Nina and Erica!!

The story line was on when I realized I was gay - I was glued to the TV... not to be disturbed until VL was over :mrgreen:
I just for the life of me can't remember the guy Erica used to be with... someone in the Brandner home I think, but I'm definitely not sure about that. (but then, doesn't really matter, does it now??)

Such heavenly touches ne'er touch'd earthly faces.'"
Shakespeare

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.11.2009, 21:34 
Administrator

erica was engaged to arno brandner

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.02.2011, 21:46 
Administrator

Bild
screenshot me
all rights reserved to grundy ufa

kimlegaspi hat geschrieben:
They were the lesbian pioneers (1998-1999) on the German TV screen, and it's impossible to tell the story of this popular couple without telling you the history of the storyline and its meaning for the German lesbians at that time. What happened:

Erika, succesfull holder of a publicity agency and mother of two adolecent girls was together with her longtime boyfriend Arno for ages. She needed a storyline, which meant in a daily soap: a little side leap to stir up her relationship to Arno. Actress Raphaela Dell (Erika) suggested that she could have a female lover for a change and, surprisingly enough, TPTB agreed. So the casting started: Raphaela Dell had to kiss a lot of women, and the one with the best kissing chemistry got the job (maybe they thought the new actor wouldn't need to do much more than kissing anyway...)
However, when Freya Trampert (Nina) and Raphaela Dell (Erika) appeared on screen together the situation got quickly out of hand: Nobody had expected that the relationship would come as a real bombshell: The actresses received thousands of letters from lesbian fans who begged them to continue the story, and on the other hand concerned parents protested strongly against the lesbian couple. Raphaela Dell and Freya Trampert understood very well that their characters had suddenly become role models and their storyline a political issue. They encouraged the lesbian fans to live their love and did their best to show a lesbian relationship as beautiful as possible (in a daily soap). So the originally intended little side leap turned into true love and Erika left her longtime-lover Arno to be with Nina.

Unfortunately, the ARD (German TV channel) got cold feed and decided to backpaddle: The tender love scenes almost disappeared from the screen, and suddenly Erika was again attracted to her ex-boyfriend Arno. She spent a night with him and started to lie to Nina about it. She got tangled up in all her lies and eventually her relationship to Nina broke apart. Unexpectedly, Raphaela Dell's contract ended and Erika decided to move to London leaving a devastated Nina behind in Düsseldorf.

The unexpected, bad development of the storyline caused a huge wave of protest, supported by an angry "open letter" that Raphaela Dell published in a well-known magazin (EMMA). Maybe the huge protest was the reason why TPTB of the show "Verbotene Liebe" ("Forbidden Love") got the two actresses back on screen five years later for only one scene: a happy ending of Erika and Nina in Greece.

[dailymotion]x1vg4mg[/dailymotion]
video created by myself

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.02.2011, 07:24 

It's nice to have this kind of background related to the media/society reaction!
Thanks to both Kim and Novemberstern!

I was wondering about the reaction of media/society and other societal moral keepers about Carla and Hanna, but it seems that ground was already shaken before CH and KD characters.

Was it and, how different with Carla and Stella in terms of viewers' reactions?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.02.2011, 12:42 

Zitat:
I was wondering about the reaction of media/society and other societal moral keepers about Carla and Hanna, but it seems that ground was already shaken before CH and KD characters.

Yes, I think that's a good way to put it: that ground was already shaken. Nina & Erika, they were much more than just a lesbian couple in a German TV show. When the Canna story was aired a lot of lesbian characters have been on TV already and it wasn't that big of a deal - except from that pool scene. That one was indeed another bomb for concerned parents, considering VL was and is aired before 6 p.m :schluri: . As for Carla and Stella, they were aired at a time when gay marriage was legal in Germany, so I'd guess that there weren't any serious protests (I don't really know, though). However, some people never learn, so I'm sure that Claudia Hiersche - and the collegues who played Carla's lovers - will still get angry letters from time to time.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.02.2011, 15:43 

Zitat:
it wasn't that big of a deal - except from that pool scene.

So, what were the reactions of people? Was there a lot of negative press? Did old ladies grab their smelling salts after viewing it? :-P

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.02.2011, 16:00 

kimlegaspi hat geschrieben:
However, some people never learn, so I'm sure that Claudia Hiersche - and the collegues who played Carla's lovers - will still get angry letters from time to time.

i think, one point is, many viewers like carla as an vl- character, and claudia as an actress. it´s not the thing, she is a lesbian. so they answer me, when i ask they sometimes :oops:

the other thing is, carla and stella marry many time´s letter(offscreen), and they was not the frist. susanne and carla marry some years before. it´s more normal.i mean.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.03.2011, 21:36 
Administrator

This is my second Nina & Erika musicvideo creation...

Erika & Nina - Need You Now :herzschlag:

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/65840364[/vimeo]
musicvideo created by myself

Thanks again to kimlegaspi for providing the missing airport scenes.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 31.03.2011, 08:46 

wow!! thank you very much for the videos and explanations i would have never known that... :-P

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 31.03.2011, 08:47 

your videos are great!! amazing!!! love them all... :wink:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.04.2011, 17:10 

I started watching this storyline just a few days ago...WOW! Completely different than watching any of the Carla storylines. I like them together, but I have to get used to the fact that this is happening WAY before Carla was ever there.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.05.2011, 21:17 
Administrator

Nina & Erika - GREY

[dailymotion]x1vgcxq[/dailymotion]
music video created by myself

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.06.2011, 20:36 
Administrator

Nina & Erika - We Could Have Had It All

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/95660362[/vimeo]
music video created by myself

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 16 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC