Aktuelle Zeit: 25.04.2024, 16:14

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 109 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2011, 00:37 

Kim, thank you so much for all the work you put into that! I had already watched it several days ago, but seeing it with subtitles shows how powerful the breakup scene really is. KD and HU (Lars) were excellent in their portrayals.

It was also quite interesting to hear Hanna admit to Isabell that she was having an affair. I know she thought she was keeping Carla's secret, but who the heck was Isabell supposed to think she was having the affair WITH? The more of these extra scenes I see, the more I think Hanna was subconsciously trailing little bread crumbs right to Carla. :lol:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 17.02.2011, 00:37 

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2011, 06:17 

I liked the "How was the wine workshop?" - "Dry." :mrgreen:

Zitat:
It was also quite interesting to hear Hanna admit to Isabell that she was having an affair. I know she thought she was keeping Carla's secret, but who the heck was Isabell supposed to think she was having the affair WITH?

LOL! Hanna and her statements to Isabelle are a story on its own: No, there isn't anybody; Yes, there's somebody; I'm in love with someone else; I love Lars; I'm not in love with anybody; Yes, there was someone but it's over now... Well, Isabelle has eyes and a brain and she's Hanna's best friend, so I think she has her own theory what's going on and she decides to be patient and to support her friend whenever she needs her.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2011, 07:11 

That back and forth from Hanna's part with Isabell was funny. Although, Isabell knew about Carla and Hanna from much earlier. She was just waiting for Hanna to burst it out!!!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2011, 16:41 

Zitat:
Well, Isabelle has eyes and a brain and she's Hanna's best friend

And how could she forget the morning Hanna confesses to kissing Carla in the nightclub? The look on Isabell's face after Hanna tries to explain it was just to get rid of the pesky men is classic.

Kim, do Isabell and Hanna ever have a serious talk about Hanna being in a relationship with a woman and if she's gay?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2011, 17:47 

Zitat:
And how could she forget the morning Hanna confesses to kissing Carla in the nightclub? The look on Isabell's face after Hanna tries to explain it was just to get rid of the pesky men is classic.

Yes, and Hanna's deep voice and her hangover is classic, too. Unfortunately, the most funny part of the dialogue can't be translated adequately. It doesn't sound half as funny as it sounds in German. (Here we don't use the expression "French kissing", we call it "tongue kissing" or "kissing with tongue" instead.)

Hanna: "God, I cannot set a foot into this place ever again."
Isabel: "Why? Did you dance on the table?"
Hanna: "Worse.... I was making out..."
Isabel: "With tongue?"
Hanna: "With Carla."

Zitat:
Kim, do Isabell and Hanna ever have a serious talk about Hanna being in a relationship with a woman and if she's gay?

No. While Carla sees herself as a lesbian, Hanna sees herself as somebody who is in love with a woman "whatever that makes me." I got the impression that Hanna was asking herself the "L-question" too but didn't find an answer (yet) and didn't try very hard. The person Carla seemed to be much more important for Hanna than gender or sex.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2011, 19:53 

Okay, after several scenes with a desperate, lonely Lars and a worried, sad Hanna the following scenes happen. Again, the clips are Novemberstern's, and I tried to add English subtitles.

Trennung/Break-up Part 2: Lars demands the truth.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYHrJ1hd3x0[/youtube]

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.02.2011, 22:31 

Thank you for this Kim!

Zitat:
I love Hanna and Isabel together anyway (they have great chemistry and the actors seem to inspire each other every time they work together).

They definitely seem to click. I read that the actresses are still friends, although I don't know how long ago that was written.

H: There is no other man.

Lars really was clueless, wasn't he.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.02.2011, 07:53 

I haven't heard that but wouldn't be surprised. Their chemistry on screen was remarkable so there was a good chance that they got a long well behind the camera too. Tanja Wenzel is an excellent actress and the series was lucky to have her. And we were lucky that the Carla&Hanna storyline was told at a time when the writing was especially well done. a lot of lesbian couples (in other soaps or at different times) weren't so lucky.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.02.2011, 13:53 

Here they are at a 2002 VL fan event. Not sure who to credit, was on old KD forum.

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.02.2011, 22:12 

Zitat:
Quote:
I still think it would be too simple to call it a very strong attraction.

How about we say it was written in the stars? I like that analogy in combination with Hanna's last letter to Carla. The term is used when something seems to be predetermined, like it was meant to happen.

Quote:
These two did not only feel the connection, they immediately acted on it and took care that they would see each other again

That is true. Carla gave Hanna her card so she could pay for the dry cleaning. (Would this be unusual behavior in German culture for someone of Carla's social and economic background? It would be highly unusual here in the States.)

I am still thinking about supercell's "Written in the stars" theory. To me everything looked so predetermined, as if Hanna made her way to Carla from the beginning. Did you notice that Hanna, the most honest person in the world, started to lie to her boyfriend as soon as Carla set her first foot in the "No Limits"? First, she lied to him about Carla because she didn't want him to know that Carla was painting his birthday present. Then (after Carla had told her that she had fallen in love with her), she lied to him because she wanted to protect Carla's secret. And then (after changing clothes in her department together with Carla) she started to lie to him to protect her own secret (that she didn't know then :roll: ): When Lars asked her afterwards if she had seen Carla lately she told him no (although she had seen her a few minutes ago), and when Carla gave her the dress in that café Hanna told Lars that she had lunch with her tax accountant. And this was just the beginning of all the things and feelings she was hiding from Lars.

Hanna had different reasons for her lies, but at the end of the day they were all about Carla and they were all excluding Lars from something that she had with Carla. So maybe Hanna's subconscious knew already what to do when Hanna was still clueless?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.02.2011, 08:11 

kimlegaspi hat geschrieben:
Hanna had different reasons for her lies, but at the end of the day they were all about Carla and they were all excluding Lars from something that she had with Carla. So maybe Hanna's subconscious knew already what to do when Hanna was still clueless?

That power of subconsciousness is always unbeatable :)
All the way, it was just a pure Hanna's desire to be with Carla, to spend time with her. How to fight that subconscious desire if you don't know what it is?! :) You lie to yourself first of all but you are not aware of that. Telling lies to other people in that situation is pretty "normal"

Hanna lied to Isabelle as well, but opposite from Lars, Isabelle realized very soon that something was going on between Carla and Hanna.

Hanna, however clueless, always got nervous or disturbed, when Carla left the apartment in rush, or cancelled on Hanna. Even when Carla tried to stay away, Hanna was the one who went after her, offering to be there for Carla "whenever she wants", telling her that she was missing their meetings or friendship...Even after Carla admitted that she fell for Hanna, Hanna, however not able to deal with that, couldn't let Carla go...She went to Carla to tell her how it was unfair but she was missing her...

And then, that snowglobe...

ahhhhh...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.02.2011, 16:20 

Zitat:
Did you notice that Hanna, the most honest person in the world, started to lie to her boyfriend as soon as Carla set her first foot in the "No Limits"?

Hanna's lies really experienced the snowball effect. The fibs started out small and before she knew it that snowball was so big she couldn't ignore it anymore. She had to be with Carla. There was no way around it. She was so unhappy denying how she felt that her life was miserable.

Hanna, however unaware of it she may have been, really did pursue Carla almost relentlessly. She was constantly showing up unannounced at Carla's office and even her home. The slightest hint of Carla backing off sent Hanna running in her direction. Carla basically had no place to hide, but we all know she didn't really want to anyway. :)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.02.2011, 18:06 

Zitat:
She was constantly showing up unannounced at Carla's office and even her home. The slightest hint of Carla backing off sent Hanna running in her direction. Carla basically had no place to hide, but we all know she didn't really want to anyway.

:lachweg: Now that you're saying it, Hanna's subconsciousness was a stalker.

Zitat:
and then, that snowglobe...

ahhhhh...

Oh well. That story was aired 2004 and I still get a nostalgic feeling when I see a snowglobe somewhere.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.02.2011, 18:26 

kimlegaspi hat geschrieben:

Zitat:
and then, that snowglobe...

ahhhhh...

Oh well. That story was aired 2004 and I still get a nostalgic feeling when I see a snowglobe somewhere.

I guess it has the same effect on anyone who watched Canna story. I have an ancient snowglobe in a box with ancient stuff, and all of a sudden i see it differently...

it's so interesting how one simple thing could carry so many feelings, emotions...sometimes it seems like the whole life could fit in that one simple thing. I guess that snowball is going to stay a symbol of Carla and Hanna's love forever. Even if it's not out love, but it is A LOVE!

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 109 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC