Aktuelle Zeit: 07.05.2024, 14:47

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 185 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.08.2009, 14:13 

Where did you see it? I want to know "directly from the source" too!

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 14.08.2009, 14:13 

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.08.2009, 14:24 
Appreciated Assistant

You've hit the nail on the head right there about AW's..uhum..acting chops! :wink: Her dialogue delivery and body language are still "green"... It has definitely improved a little recently albeit only when she's around CH. But compared to CH's past partners, I still can't see the "spark"....yet. So, not as believable yet... Hopefully within the next few weeks until the end of Sept, I can finally see that sparkle to really believe in their relationship and that they're both in love (as they'd previously stated), so to speak!

Solo - if you're asking about the interview that Kelza mentioned, it's the show called "Riverboat." You can find it on YT. Just type in CH's name and voila..!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.08.2009, 14:48 

Thank you, nice and charming interview- but that was in January

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.08.2009, 15:53 
Appreciated Assistant

Yeah, I think that's the latest one where she mentioned anything. There was another one (also promo for VL's Ep#3333 celebration) where she was with the other 2 actresses (the ones who play Tanja and Sara, I think) but CH hardly spoke there... I think that's about it, really. Unless there's been any recent articles...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.08.2009, 18:19 

lol I'll maintain that she's "new". :mrgreen: she's very pretty and easy on the eyes so I'll ignore the acting for now. she's definitely improved though. and I agree that she seems a little more natural with CH. I didn't really watched her scenes with Charlie but with Carla I get giddy. well, mostly because I got into VL for this storyline. I've watched Carla's past storylines too but I'm still not as interested.

the downside, however, is that they took A LONG time for this to finally happen and now it felt kinda contrived. :? I still see a few sparks but it's not the same as when Sarah was around and Carla was having a hard time keeping her feelings in check while Stella remained clueless.

but I shouldn't complain. I waited for this! they look so good together. :lol: (why yes, I'll be shallow about this too. 8) )

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 16.08.2009, 17:11 
Appreciated Assistant

CH sometimes seems to be tired to play Carla... I think she'll go away from VL ... :-(

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 16.08.2009, 17:34 
Appreciated Assistant

kelza hat geschrieben:
lol I'll maintain that she's "new". :mrgreen: she's very pretty and easy on the eyes so I'll ignore the acting for now. she's definitely improved though. and I agree that she seems a little more natural with CH. I didn't really watched her scenes with Charlie but with Carla I get giddy. well, mostly because I got into VL for this storyline. I've watched Carla's past storylines too but I'm still not as interested.

the downside, however, is that they took A LONG time for this to finally happen and now it felt kinda contrived. :? I still see a few sparks but it's not the same as when Sarah was around and Carla was having a hard time keeping her feelings in check while Stella remained clueless.

but I shouldn't complain. I waited for this! they look so good together. :lol: (why yes, I'll be shallow about this too. 8) )

Well, the storyline of Carla/Stella is different. I'm glad that the writers didn't try to "repeat" what's been told already in terms of Carla's private life. Now it's the "forbidden love" between an employer and an employee. Heck, we in the professional world, know that office romance is "frowned upon" even to us "common folks"!! Let alone in the world of aristocracy! ;) So, I don't have a prob with them stretching it from when Stella started working in the castle until now. Makes it more fun to watch. But I totally agree with you - the "tension" was much more fun to watch with Sarah in the picture. I miss her, too! And also Nathalie! Where's she been?! I hope either Sarah or Nathalie would give the future Carla/Stella struggles more "drama" and "comedy" to watch! :) I have a sinking feeling that it'd be more "drama" than comedy... But nevertheless, I wanna see lots more sparks fly!! :-P

You're right - thank GOD for AW's looks! :-P Makes it easier to watch and forego her shortcomings... ;) But seriously, she's improved so let's just see how they make it as a visually realistic couple w/ all the emotions and intimacy played out, eh? (crossing my fingers..)

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Is Claudia Hiersche leaving VL ?
BeitragVerfasst: 28.08.2009, 05:41 

Kendahl897 hat geschrieben:
Personally, I think that a rumor should not be treated as the truth. Thats what has really bothered me about this whole thing. Someone post a rumor and everyone has treated it as if it is the Holy Grail, without even knowing who the sources are. Now the boards are busy cooking up various scenarios on how she will leave the show and they are making the assumption that Anne is automatically going to be staying. When KD was brought on the show, it was as a love interest to Carla. When that role had run its course, she was gone. Same for CS. Anne was brought on the show to play Stella, the new love for Carla. Unless they kill Carla off, which I don't think will happen, if Carla leaves Dusseldorf, what's to say that Stella doesn't go with her? In other words, a happy ending for Starla. Why put Starla together if you're just going to turn around and break them apart. It makes no sense. Why even bother?
I guess what I'm saying is that I wish everyone would take a deep breath and wait and see what happens or at least wait until you have official word.

Hello, I'm just reading this thread now, and while it's true it's only rumors (at this point), the way the story is being written it wouldn't shock me they are preparing for Claudia's exit. Don't get me wrong, I hope CH continues on VL for the foreseeable future, but I find Starla's relationship "lukewarm" in it's development IMO It's almost like VL "changed course" as before there was more momentum with Starla, but now it's being bogged down with all the intrigue with Angsar/Maria. "Forbidden love" has always been about the relationships, and while Starla are a couple, we don't truly see them as a couple fighting together. Personally, it just seems like the "love-story" is in name only because VL doesn't want to actually gives us anything substantial relating couple-wise (there's a severe lack of intimacy, and I'm not talking about love scenes) besides the given that they're together IMO Maybe this will change with the upcoming spoilers, but again I can't help to suspect the focus on Starla is more an "out" for CH... I guess time will tell.

Kendahl897, just a clarification CH was brought onto VL when KD was clearly established on VL. In fact the story-line of Canna would of conceivably continued longer if KD didn't want to leave the show, which resulted in the death of Hanna. The same with CS as well in regards to her departure. So it was more the actresses' decision to leave, as opposed to the story-line running it's course for the change of direction.

And while I'm admittedly a huge Canna fan, I believe only death could separate them as Hanna has always been written as Carla's "true love" IMO Not that Carla hasn't been happy, and in love with other people, but Hanna's memory (what she meant to Carla) has always been "present" even though Carla has moved on to other relationships. This was again stressed when Carla previously had a conversation with Nathalie about loss, and Carla talked about Hanna.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.08.2009, 13:01 
Appreciated Assistant

You've hit the nail right on the head there, Mercedes! EXACTLY what I think about the Starla relationship especially the severely lack of intimacy between them as a couple. Intimacy between 2 people is NEVER about physical, it's always about the emotional, non-verbal connection - particularly the eyes. Case-in-point, with Hanna - short-lived, not much physical, yet the unbelievable emotional attachment was so strong that we can still feel it in Carla even though Hanna died years ago... in comparison, with Susanne, lots of physical, but the emotional connection was far from being in the same calibre as with Hanna. Although CS is a good actress, but unlike the emotional attachment that KD had in her role, I didn't see that crucial "sparkle" in CS' performance with the emotional level.

And now with Stella - good chemistry, best looking couple BUT not much feel 'coz, again, the non-verbals are weak on AW's part, all throughout. That's why I felt strange when Stella finally said she fell in love with Carla. It wasn't believable to me. She uttered the lines, but there was no emotional attachment to it. CH did great when Carla was yearning for Stella - I felt it with her performance. But as soon as the 2 got together, the connection between them somehow got lost. That is probably the fault of the storyline or lack of scenes together. But so far, I still have this notion that Carla is more in love with Stella than the other way around. If it's meant to be that, then ok. But I somehow don't think it is. There's just not enough non-verbal/emotional performance on AW's part. Now Carla's caught in the whole Ansgar/Maria saga that her relationship has taken a back seat, it seems. And having little or no scenes together doesn't help, either, even with CH's great acting chops.

Despite the spoilers, I hardly think that we're gonna see the same heartfelt and compelling calibre of performance that we saw between CH & KD (Carla/Hanna) in AW/CH. The exit of CH is shaping up the Lahnstein power struggle as THE focus, not Starla.

I still hope that I'm wrong about that. They have until October (or Nov), possibly (if CH is leaving at the end of her contract), to get it into gear if they want us to believe in the Starla relationship. But so far, nada... I don't feel they're a couple, heck, not even close friends! :| I see much more connection between Carla & Nathalie, for crying out loud! I truly want to believe. I wanna believe that Carla will drop her family to be with Stella.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.08.2009, 14:22 

ccogz hat geschrieben:
You've hit the nail right on the head there, Mercedes! EXACTLY what I think about the Starla relationship especially the severely lack of intimacy between them as a couple. Intimacy between 2 people is NEVER about physical, it's always about the emotional, non-verbal connection - particularly the eyes. Case-in-point, with Hanna - short-lived, not much physical, yet the unbelievable emotional attachment was so strong that we can still feel it in Carla even though Hanna died years ago... in comparison, with Susanne, lots of physical, but the emotional connection was far from being in the same calibre as with Hanna. Although CS is a good actress, but unlike the emotional attachment that KD had in her role, I didn't see that crucial "sparkle" in CS' performance with the emotional level.

And now with Stella - good chemistry, best looking couple BUT not much feel 'coz, again, the non-verbals are weak on AW's part, all throughout. That's why I felt strange when Stella finally said she fell in love with Carla. It wasn't believable to me. She uttered the lines, but there was no emotional attachment to it. CH did great when Carla was yearning for Stella - I felt it with her performance. But as soon as the 2 got together, the connection between them somehow got lost. That is probably the fault of the storyline or lack of scenes together. But so far, I still have this notion that Carla is more in love with Stella than the other way around. If it's meant to be that, then ok. But I somehow don't think it is. There's just not enough non-verbal/emotional performance on AW's part. Now Carla's caught in the whole Ansgar/Maria saga that her relationship has taken a back seat, it seems. And having little or no scenes together doesn't help, either, even with CH's great acting chops.

Despite the spoilers, I hardly think that we're gonna see the same heartfelt and compelling calibre of performance that we saw between CH & KD (Carla/Hanna) in AW/CH. The exit of CH is shaping up the Lahnstein power struggle as THE focus, not Starla.

I still hope that I'm wrong about that. They have until October (or Nov), possibly (if CH is leaving at the end of her contract), to get it into gear if they want us to believe in the Starla relationship. But so far, nada... I don't feel they're a couple, heck, not even close friends! :| I see much more connection between Carla & Nathalie, for crying out loud! I truly want to believe. I wanna believe that Carla will drop her family to be with Stella.

Yes, a key missing ingredient are the "verbal cues", which defines the connection between characters/actresses. In a sense it's more being "told" than feeling Starla is a true couple. Part of that can be attributed to simply VL not giving us the scenes that focus on Starla as a couple, but I still feel like we are missing key steps that build a foundation for this "love-story". I almost believed more in Charlie/Stella, and how that pains me to say lol

I'm in complete agreement about chemistry. It's something tangible that can't be manufactured, and while again I agree Starla make quite an attractive couple (physically speaking), I'm ambivalent in the more defining elements that make a lasting relationship. More so I feel a depth is missing, which again I lay partial blame on VL for not constructing this relationship more solidly. And while I find AW improving as she was more "green" in the beginning, she doesn't have the nuances down to play off CH as effortlessly as say CH/KD IMO

Carla could still have heavy story with her power struggle against Angsar, but what's missing is actually seeing on-screen (in a significant way) the impact it has on her relationship with Stella. In the past that impact would actually be seen, but for some reason that's not the case at this point with Starla. Just look at the significant discovery of Angsar realizing Starla's true relationship. Now in the past this discovery would of been played up, and we would see (and feel) the impact with generating substantial story couple-wise. However, for some reason it was almost a "throw away" line... Angsar gets to say his patented "jab", and then nada. It just seems VL isn't pursuing these avenues, and it makes no sense, which would allow the writers to further flesh out the Starla relationship.

It just feels strange how Starla has been developed (or lack of development I should say), and why my ambivalent feelings on Starla. Maybe the story-direction will build to more a balance with the intrigue/relationship, but so far it just feels "off" IMO

Hears hoping CH decides to stay on VL for a while longer, and maybe with more development of Starla I will be more firmly on the bandwagon :)

ETA speaking of Carla & Nathalie, I can't forget the kiss Nathalie laid on Carla in front of Angsar back in the day, and his reaction :shock: lol Now C/N are something I always thought VL should pursue... something tells me Nathalie wouldn't take much convincing :wink:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.08.2009, 18:00 
Appreciated Assistant

Mercedes hat geschrieben:
Yes, a key missing ingredient are the "verbal cues", which defines the connection between characters/actresses. In a sense it's more being "told" than feeling Starla is a true couple.

Right on! Verbal Clues. More told than feeling. Depth. These are exactly the thing that usually are not spelled out in a script; it's more for the actor to have the instincts to relay on-screen, IMO. Hence, a lot of non-verbals, looks, gestures - they're basically the actors' instincts; and sometimes the director's (sometimes actors need more detailed, precise directions). If the actor nails it, the page on the script becomes alive and if done with deep conviction, then it becomes endearing to viewers. That's why people are still talking about Carla/Hanna! That's my observation.

I'm in complete agreement about chemistry. It's something tangible that can't be manufactured, and while again I agree Starla make quite an attractive couple (physically speaking), I'm ambivalent in the more defining elements that make a lasting relationship. More so I feel a depth is missing, which again I lay partial blame on VL for not constructing this relationship more solidly. And while I find AW improving as she was more "green" in the beginning, she doesn't have the nuances down to play off CH as effortlessly as say CH/KD IMO

You got that right again! Yup, chemistry is very organic. It's either you have it, or you don't. But there are 2 levels of chemistry - physical and emotional. Unfortunately, the Starla pair-up, thusfar, while contains physical chemistry but severly lacks the more important (IMO) emotional chemistry.

Carla could still have heavy story with her power struggle against Angsar, but what's missing is actually seeing on-screen (in a significant way) the impact it has on her relationship with Stella. In the past that impact would actually be seen, but for some reason that's not the case at this point with Starla. Just look at the significant discovery of Angsar realizing Starla's true relationship. Now in the past this discovery would of been played up, and we would see (and feel) the impact with generating substantial story couple-wise. However, for some reason it was almost a "throw away" line... Angsar gets to say his patented "jab", and then nada. It just seems VL isn't pursuing these avenues, and it makes no sense, which would allow the writers to further flesh out the Starla relationship.

I agree. Even if the writers don't want to have a lot of Carla/Stella scenes together, at least they could show the effects of Carla's obsession with defeating Ansgar and the whole Maria saga to herself in terms of her relationship with Stella. It's a waste 'coz based on CH's past performances in acting out dilemmas, inner struggle with her previous relationships vs her familiy obligations, she most certainly has the natural instincts to do the same with this one. This, I agree, I blame the writers for not including these crucial scenes in the script to amplify the depth & importance of the Starla relationship without showing them actually together, if you know what I mean...

ETA speaking of Carla & Nathalie, I can't forget the kiss Nathalie laid on Carla in front of Angsar back in the day, and his reaction :shock: lol Now C/N are something I always thought VL should pursue... something tells me Nathalie wouldn't take much convincing :wink:

Heheh! Can't agree with you more! See, natural chemistry (physical AND emotional) and acting chops between CH and JW! :wink: Makes a HUGE difference...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.08.2009, 18:14 

cutting in to ask when was this kiss between Nathalie and Carla? because I secretly (but of course not now) want Nathalie for Carla. they're very natural with each other. and often wondered if it ever came up between them? :lol:

but I'm also interested in what happened between Nathalie and Ansgar... why him of all people? he is so right for Tanja. lol. :-P

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.08.2009, 18:52 
Appreciated Assistant

kelza hat geschrieben:
cutting in to ask when was this kiss between Nathalie and Carla? because I secretly (but of course not now) want Nathalie for Carla. they're very natural with each other. and often wondered if it ever came up between them? :lol:

It was during the Carla/Vanessa time. Carla & Nathalie were going to the club. Stupid Ansgar was trying to butt in. Nathalie told him the club was "exclusive" (or something!) & instead of telling him to "go f*** himself," she provocatively kissed Carla at the bottom of the stairs in the castle right in front of him & they both strutted off! FUNNY! Up yours, Ansgar! :lol:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.08.2009, 18:58 
Appreciated Assistant

kelza hat geschrieben:
but I'm also interested in what happened between Nathalie and Ansgar... why him of all people? he is so right for Tanja. lol. :-P

It's just one of those things, I guess. When Ansgar & Nathalie announced to everyone including Carla that they're an item (Ansgar & Nathalie kissed), Carla was shocked and stormed off the restaurant. She was MAD 'coz of all people, why would her best friend since childhood hook up with the person who's screwed with her life and called himself her brother! But Nathalie and Carla made up. It was a good scene between them in the lower level (the staff quarters?) of the castle. Poor Nathalie. Poor Carla. Oh well.... love is blind, I guess...!

Yes, Ansgar is perfect for Tanja 'coz they're equallly evil!! :wink:

Zuletzt geändert von ccogz am 28.08.2009, 18:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 185 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC