Aktuelle Zeit: 19.05.2024, 15:25

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 236 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 18:05 

Zitat:
the little scene between Hanna and Isabelle when Isabelle tries to talk to Hanna and Hanna tries everything to avoid this conversation (right before Isabelle asks her if Lars is having an affair or if she's having an affair). KD's performance was excellent in this scene.

Kim, can you provide a link to this clip? I'm not sure which scene you're talking about.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 06.03.2011, 18:05 

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 18:38 

yes, please...I am not sure either that I know what scene you are talking about..or maybe we haven't seen it at all ;0

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 20:00 

Thank you moment and supercell, this is so much fun to share this with you! I'll talk about the scenes and moments later. First, I will try to answer your question. Actually I don't know whether this scene is online or not. I will tell you what the scene is about, and if you don't find it I can try to upload it:

The scene before:
Hanna is sitting at the bar of the No Limits working on something and being her normal absent self (these days). Isabel and Nicole notice that Hanna has obviously something else on her mind, then Lars appears, kisses Hanna and tells her he needs to get some stuff from his apartment so that he can move into her flat. Nicole jokes "Love must be so beautiful", when Lars leaves. Hanna gets up (apparently upset) to pour some water into a glass. Accidentally she drops the water bottle and two glasses which upsets her even more. Isabel tries to calm her "It's only a glass." But Hanna just looks at her and leaves.

The scene I was talking about (I hope I remember it correctly):
When Hanna enters her flat (she obviously needs some time alone) Isabel is already there. Hanna asks whether Isabel has been waiting for her and Isabel responds "It's not so crowded downstairs, Nicole will be okay." - "As opposed to me, you mean." Hanna tries to pass Isabel but Isabel blocks her way and takes her hands. "When Florian and I moved together I was wondering too whether it was the right step or if we should wait a little longer." Hanna avoids Isabel's look and tries to pass her again: "I have to clean up the broken glasses..." Again, Isabel blocks her way by taking Hanna's arm. "I already did that." Hanna says "Thank you", and again tries to pass Isabel, and again Isabel stops her. "Hanna, if you have second thoughts about this, then give it some time and postpone the moving..." Hanna sighs and looks at the ceiling, then to the ground. "Oh my, I ruined my pants too!" She tucks quite busy at her trousers.
Finally, Isabel gets impatient. "Now stop trying to fool me!" - "I'm not fooling you!" Hanna trys to protest while Isabel presses her into a chair. "Hanna, you're a complete mess! What the hell is going on?!" (Hanna just stares at the wall.) Isabelle continues: "Does Lars have someone else?" - "No, Lars loves me." - "Do you have someone else?" Hanna doesn't respond but her quick look to Isabel tells her friend everything she needs to know.

The next scene:
Hanna confesses that she cheated on Lars and that she doesn't know what to do now. Isabel recommends her to tell Lars the truth. Their conversation is interrupted by Lars who enters their flat with Carla's painting in his hands. He wants to put it on the wall right away but Hanna vetos every suggestion he makes...

I don't know, I just love that little scene between Hanna and Isabel. Hanna behaves like a little animal in a trap that still trys everything to make an escape. Great acting!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 21:47 

Kim,

thanks for sharing this. I've never seen this scene. I don't know about supercell, but I would remember that incident with a bottle, especially now :) :)

I know that there is somewhere one clip when we see a little bit of Lars trying to hang the painting, and how Hanna gets nervous. But there is nothing that comes beforehand.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 22:06 

Yes, yes, yes (!) to the moments and scenes you both mentioned :verneig: .

Zitat:
**Hanna's in her own bed recovering and Carla comes in and sits on the bed. After hugging and kissing, they hold hands and Hanna pushes Carla's ring more firmly onto her finger. I don't know why, but I can watch this over and over. Such a small gesture that expresses so much.

supercell, I don't remember that scene. When did this happen? I mean, Hanna was recovering a lot. After the first, the second or the third hospital stay? Do you remember what Hanna and Carla were wearing?

Zitat:
**I love Hanna's hugs. She wraps her arms around Carla's neck and holds on tight. When Isabell is offering to get Florian tested to see if he could be a donor, Hanna's hugs her and her left hand curls under her arm.

LOL! Yes, for some reason Hanna is a very good hugger! I liked that moment too.

Zitat:
LOL I also love Hanna's look at Carla before that when Isabell says sorry if she bothered them. Carla says "how. with what," and Hanna looks at her like she can't believe she just said that.

Yes, Hanna's silent looks to Carla and to Isabel, that was hilarious.

Zitat:
**That Evelyn repeatedly refers to Hanna as a breeder. I don't know if that's as humerous in German, but it's very funny in English.

A breeder? LOL! Well, I don't know if that's the correct translation for a straight woman. We call her a "Hete" (from heterosexual). Do you call a Hete a "breeder"? :mrgreen:

Zitat:
It could for me, also. There's a reason it's taken me this long to reply to this, and it's because I felt the need to review a few scenes. I needed to gather good descriptions for them, you see. Somehow, I don't know what happened, a few scenes turned into about 30!

No problem, I want to hear them all :wink: .

Zitat:
1. When Carla and Hanna are standing at the door, after the night of Boy George and when Carla sings "Shy, shy"...That peace that they both have on their faces is just precious!

moment, this reminds me of another favorite moment of mine which happened just a few minutes before that: Everything seemed so perfect, cozy and peaceful when Hanna and Carla laid on the floor together. When I watched that scene on TV and the phone rang and Lars said something on the answering machine I expected Hanna to panick and to be rude to Carla. But Hanna didn't do anything, she didn't say anything, she didn't move, she didn't even wince when she heard her boyfriend's voice - as if anything else, even Lars, was far away and she wanted it to be like this forever. I really liked it that Carla was the reasonable one who started to move first saying she should go. That little scene showed me that it was just a matter of time until Hanna would leave Lars to be with Carla.

Zitat:
A hunch-scene - again, so many great facial expressions and spoken and unspoken feelings...

Sorry, my English is not good enough sometimes. What's a hunch scene? Can you give me an example?

Zitat:
7. And, DEFINTELY, all scenes when two of them are looking at each other, with no words, just saying everything in those journeys each of them takes travelling miles and miles through her personal and their mutual feelings

Yes, DEFINITELY :mrgreen: . This, of course, reminds me of more moments:

I love that moment between Hanna and Carla in front of the elevator (Carla's office) when Carla had just told Hanna that they shouldn't see each other for a while. While they're standing in front of the elevator Hanna looks at Carla so very sad and in love, while Carla tries to hide her sadness and be reassuring and brave. It's one of the most tender moments between them, although they didn't even touch each other.

Speaking of elevators: I also like that little moment in the elevator of that wellness hotel. The moment before they go upstairs they look at each other so tenderly and very much in love, the happiness written in their faces.

When Hanna sits in her apartment with the snowglobe in her hand, holding it to her head, deeply in thoughts (She's just back from Carla's office where she has almost kissed her). As soon as Lars enters the apartment Hanna puts the snowglobe away, and when he comes to her she looks down: Hanna looks so heartbreaking vulnerable during that moment.

The argument between Hanna and Isabel when Hanna throws the towel away. I love that little moment. Hanna has been so restrained and self-controlled over the last months, although you could read what was going on under the surface. But this moment, when Isabel asks her "What's going on with your affair? Do you still meet that person?", Hanna loses her temper, throws her towel away and says "My affair is in a relationship, too. I just found out!"

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 22:30 

Kim, your English is perfect btw.

Hunch is - Ahnung, if I understood German from CH mouth ;) :), and if I wrote it well. It's the scene when Hanna comes to Carla's office to thank her for the snowglobe!!!

I really can't do my moments tonight, but will respond tomorrow. With great pleasure :)

As for the scene when Hanna throws a towel, I am not sure I remember it, although it could be in one of those clips that don't have translations, so I guess I am just lost in those parts ;(

There is also something that just came to my mind. The scene when Carla calls Hanna on the phone, but Lars is sitting at the bar and Hann can't pick up the phone...I love Hanna in that scene!!!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 22:43 

Zitat:
There is also something that just came to my mind. The scene when Carla calls Hanna on the phone, but Lars is sitting at the bar and Hann can't pick up the phone...I love Hanna in that scene!!!

LOL! Yes, more glasses to ruin :mrgreen: ...

Zitat:
As for the scene when Hanna throws a towel, I am not sure I remember it, although it could be in one of those clips that don't have translations, so I guess I am just lost in those parts ;(

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the subtitled clips on youtube. As I said, that scene happens right after the museum incident. It's such a nice scene when Hanna goes from "absent minded" to "upset" and "angry" to "sad" and then "guilty" (when Isabel tells her "When I look at you, I can see that you're in love." and recommends her to make her mind up because Lars wouldn't deserve that kind of back and forth.)

Zitat:
thanks for sharing this. I've never seen this scene. I don't know about supercell, but I would remember that incident with a bottle, especially now.

Hm, that would be too bad! It's such a nice performance. I think the little scene happens the same day as the "dinner for four" at the Schneiders.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 23:01 

That diner for four is actually something that I was intended to ask about. That scene is just out there, with no history or its aftermath. Can you tell me at least when it happens - between what two those major scenes?

I was wondering about that scene, because Carla is pretty much self-confident about Hanna's feeling for her, she is not bluffing for sure, but again, there is nothing to tell us when it happens. In other words, my major question is WHY Carla is so sure and why she confronts Hanna with so much confidence? Because she says at the end that it was mistake that she started that conversation, but she looks pretty much sure what is going on.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 23:02 

Zitat:
Hunch is - Ahnung, if I understood German from CH mouth ;) , and if I wrote it well. It's the scene when Hanna comes to Carla's office to thank her for the snowglobe!!!

Oh, you're talking about the snowglobe scenes. Now I undertand. Thank you!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 23:04 

Zitat:
I mean, Hanna was recovering a lot.

LOL Yes, she was. Here's the clip.

at 2:16 with English subtitles http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlaFreak4 ... RAKqmG2h_M

Italian subs, better quality http://www.youtube.com/user/alterego198 ... I-tGT6nBkM

Zitat:
Do you call a Hete a "breeder"?

The general term in English is straight. Breeder is usually said to be funny, and for Evelyn to use it in anger is hilarious. I guess Novemberstern knew this and used it for her English subtitles.

Zitat:
That peace that they both have on their faces is just precious!

Zitat:
Hanna didn't do anything, she didn't say anything, she didn't move, she didn't even wince when she heard her boyfriend's voice

Yes, to both of these! It's like deep-down, they both knew the struggle was over and they would be together. Hanna felt such contentment in Carla's arms she wanted to block everything else out, even that Lars was on his way.

Zitat:
I've never seen this scene. I don't know about supercell, but I would remember that incident with a bottle, especially now

I've never seen this, either! Hanna really does break glass frequently. :lol:

Zitat:
When Hanna sits in her apartment with the snowglobe in her hand, holding it to her head, deeply in thoughts (She's just back from Carla's office where she has almost kissed her). As soon as Lars enters the apartment Hanna puts the snowglobe away, and when he comes to her she looks down: Hanna looks so heartbreaking vulnerable in that scene.

I don't think I've seen this.

Zitat:
The argument between Hanna and Isabel when Hanna throws the towel away. I love that little moment. Hanna has been so restrained and self-controlled over the last months, although you could read what was going on under the surface. But this moment, when Isabel asks her "What's going on with your affair? Do you still meet that person?", Hanna loses her temper, throws her towel away and says "My affair is in a relationship, too. I just found out!"

I KNOW I've never seen this! Does she throw the towel in the trash or across the room? :lol:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 23:34 

Zitat:
my major question is WHY Carla is so sure and why she confronts Hanna with so much confidence?

This has always been my question, also. I think there must be another missing scene(or two) that explains it. Their eye contact is almost non-stop during this entire scene, which makes it even more intense.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.03.2011, 00:35 

I believe I found the towel scene. There are no subtitles so I didn't know what they were talking about. Thanks for telling us about it, Kim.

http://www.youtube.com/user/greenyAFP#p ... O6OMYfwolk

Betreff des Beitrags: Carla and Hanna music
BeitragVerfasst: 07.03.2011, 05:13 

Thought I'd start a thread with music that played while Canna were on.

I'll start with arguably the most important song in their relationship:
Do You Really Want to Hurt Me by Culture Club

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9MdW8RISCI&feature=related[/youtube][/youtube]

Next in line would be:
Too Shy by Kajagoogoo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILN2eJRZKT0&feature=related[/youtube]

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.03.2011, 05:22 

This song was playing the morning after they were first together. Carla was trying to talk to Hanna in No Limits and this played in the background.

River of Life by Heather Nova

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buE0nMhyvwI[/youtube]

This song is playing when they are having coffee, after Hanna tells Lars she's with her accountant.

Sveglia by Gianna Nannini

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rycL5DqFwdM[/youtube]

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 236 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC