Aktuelle Zeit: 19.05.2024, 14:13

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Xena 2.0 - Neuverfilmung
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2016, 01:51 

Wenn es irgendwo schon einen Xena Thread geben sollte, bitte verschieben. Hab in diesem Forenteil nichts gefunden.

Zitat:
Meet the Creators Who Are Masterminding the Return of Xena: Warrior Princess

It’s been over 20 years since Xena: Warrior Princess first came to our screens, but the love of Xena (and Gabrielle) burns as bright as ever. Now Xena’s coming back, in a big way. We asked Javier Grillo-Marxuach, showrunner of the new Xena TV show, and Genevieve Valentine, writer of the new Xena comic book, to interview each other about the love of Xena. The results were even better than we had hoped!

Javier Grillo-Marxuach created The Middleman and has written for some of our favorite TV shows (Anmerkung Hoppe: z.B. jetzt auch bei The 100 dabei) ;-) Genevieve Valentine wrote the novels Persona, The Girls at the Kingfisher Club and Mechanique, and recently wrote the Catwoman comic. They’ve both written for io9 before, and we’re huge fans of their writing—so were thrilled to put the two of them together, to ask each other questions about what makes Xena such an epic hero.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/meet-the-creator ... 1760590323

Javis twitter, wo ab und an auch schon ein tweet zu Xena auftaucht:
https://twitter.com/OKBJGM

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

Zuletzt geändert von hoppetosse am 23.02.2016, 16:37, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 23.02.2016, 01:51 

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Xena
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2016, 16:22 

Gibt es denn nähere Informationen zu einer Neuauflage?

Ich muss sagen, eine Neuauflage ohne Lucy Lawless und Renee O'Connor sehe ich sehr kritisch.

Es gibt übrigens schon einen Thread über Xena und Gabrielle, aber ein aktueller aus aktuellem Anlass schadet ja auch nix. :wink:

Für Interessierte:
31135132nx52154/internationale-pioniere-f59/xena--und-amp-gabrielle--das-pionierpaar-der-usa-t1555.html

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Xena
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2016, 16:36 

Vero hat geschrieben:
Gibt es denn nähere Informationen zu einer Neuauflage?

Ich muss sagen, eine Neuauflage ohne Lucy Lawless und Renee O'Connor sehe ich sehr kritisch.

Es gibt übrigens schon einen Thread über Xena und Gabrielle, aber ein aktueller aus aktuellem Anlass schadet ja auch nix. :wink:

Für Interessierte:
31135132nx52154/internationale-pioniere-f59/xena--und-amp-gabrielle--das-pionierpaar-der-usa-t1555.html

Hab noch nichts mehr gelesen.
Da ich die alte Serie nicht kenne, ist mir das relativ egal, ob es die alten Schauspielerinnen sind oder nicht. Mich haben diese merkwürdigen sexualisieten Kluften immer etwas abgeschreckt. Kann aber verstehen, wenn es eingefleischte Xena-Fans schwierig finden.

Es gäbe ja zwei Möglichkeiten Xena + Gabrielle eben als reifere Frauen, tatsächlich 15-20 Jahre später zu zeigen, oder eben was anders gestricktes. Da wohl Lucy Lawless keine Serienverpflichtung eingehen wollte, stand das wohl nicht zur Debatte.
Keine Ahnung, vielleicht wäre es da besser, das Ganze gleich mit neuen Charakteren aufzuziehen.

Ich benenn den Thread mal in Xena 2.0 - Neuverfilmung um ;-)

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Xena 2.0 - Neuverfilmung
BeitragVerfasst: 25.02.2016, 00:16 

Javier hat was dazu auf seinem blog gepostet:

Zitat:
how’s that xena going?

so i keep being asked how this project is going, which is AWESOME and makes me grateful.

so, in order to make sure i am always giving you the best quality of information, here are some facts and a timeline…

right now, this is a script order: that means we are not yet green-lit to film, but rather, i have to write a script that convinces NBC network to:

a. let us shoot a pilot to see if they want to make a series or…

b. give us a straight-to-series-order series.

because we are not yet in production, we do not have any of the following…

a. a casting director – or plans for casting until we are given an order for production.

b. jobs for writers, directors, assistants, or any staff on any level.

there are three entities involved in this thing in addition to myself right now… 1. rob tapert, sam raimi & company, 2. NBC international studios, and 3. NBC network.

we are all working together on the project, but the way the creative goes is that i work things out with tapert and co, then that all gets approved by NBC international studios, and then finally by the network.

the network is who makes the call as to whether or not we make the pilot or go to series.

THE STEPS TO A XENA SERIES…

1. i meet rob tapert and convince him that i am the guy to write/executive produce with him and company….ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED in september of 2015

2. we work together on a pitch to take to NBC international… ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED in october of 2015

3. NBC international hears our pitch, agrees that our pitch is righteous and correct – they give their feedback, we address feedback, finalize the pitch and take it to NBC network… ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED in november of 2015

4. NBC network hears our pitch, agrees that our pitch is righteous and correct and orders a script… ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED in december of 2015

5. i write a detailed story outline based on the pitch, and work with tapert & co. to make sure the outline is righteous and correct… ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED in january of 2016

6. NBC international agrees that the outline is righteous and correct and gives their feedback, i address their feedback… ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED in february of 2016

7. we send the resulting outline to the network… LEVEL IN PROCESS

THE NEXT FEW LEVELS…

8. the network gives feedback, i address the feedback…

9. NBC network approves the outline and sends me to script…

10. i write the script!

11. tapert & co read the script, they give feedback, i address the feedback, they agree that the result is righteous and correct, and the script goes to NBC international studios…

12. studio gives feedback, i address the feedback, they agree that the script is righteous and correct, and approve it to go to network…

13. network gives feedback, i address their feedback with the input of tapert and co. and nbc international studios…

14. the network agrees that the script is righteous and correct and gives a pilot or straight-to-series order…

depending on that, our process becomes a garden of forking paths… so let’s stick with these fourteen steps for now, and as we level up, i’ll let you know!

battle on, xenites!

okbjgm.tumblr.com/post/139815988551/hows-that-xena-goingokbjgm.tumblr.com/post/139815988551/hows-that-xena-going

Generell für Neuigkeiten ist sicher Javiers twitter eine ganz gute Anlaufquelle:
https://twitter.com/OKBJGM

Die Fan-Gemeinde scheint auch hier z.T. recht rabiat zu sein:
Zitat:
javi ‏@OKBJGM 3h3 hours ago

i will tweet about #xena with all comers whether we agree or not, but i do mute/block those who wish me failure or worse. that's my boundary

Wenn man keine Neuauflage mit anderen Schauspielern sehen will, ist doch ok. Man braucht sich seine Erinnerung ja nicht kaputt machen zu lassen. Aber sowas? :shock:

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 01.03.2016, 21:40 

Ok, hier ein neuerer Blogeintrag von Javier, der doch etwas interessanter ist, als der vorherige. ;-)
FAQs von Fans bzgl. Xena2.0 und seine Antworten

Interessant dabei bzgl. Reboot und nicht den Original-Schauspielerinnen fand ich seinen Vergleich mit Dr. Who, Superwoman, James Bomd etc. Dass er Xena als eine Art "Marke" / Mythos sieht, der über Jahrzente geht und immer neue Wendungen/Schauspieler hat.

http://okbjgm.tumblr.com/post/140055732 ... ng-updated

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 15.03.2016, 19:29 

Zitat:
Xena Will Be Openly Gay in the Series' Reboot

Just weeks after facing controversy from fans of The 100 after audience favorite Lexa's death sparked discussion about lesbian character deaths on TV, writer Javier Grillo-Marxuach confirmed that Xena will be openly gay in his reboot of Xena: Warrior Princess.

In a recent Tumblr post, he wrote, "Xena will be a very different show made for very different reasons. there is no reason to bring back Xena if it is not there for the purpose of fully exploring a relationship that could only be shown sub-textually in first-run syndication in the 1990s. it will also express my view of the world - which is only further informed by what is happening right now - and is not too difficult to know what that is if you do some digging."

The Xena: Warrior Princess reboot is definitely happening.

While some may be worried about what this means for the life-expectancy of Xena's love interest in the new show, it's worth keeping in mind that, for the moment, it doesn't appear Grillo-Marxuach has any intention of "fridging" another TV romance. Although part of what happened on The 100 was out of his control, since Lexa's death was a room decision, anything that happens on Xena will ultimately be his.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/xena-will-b ... es-reboot/

BeitragVerfasst: 20.03.2016, 21:24 

Zitat:
THE XENA REBOOT SERIES WILL PROVIDE ACTUAL LGBTQ REPRESENTATION — NOT JUST SUBTEXT

[...] In a diplomatic Q&A on Tumblr, Grillo-Marxuach addressed his intention of making Xena and Gabrielle’s romantic relationship canon in the new reboot. He also carefully separated his vision from that of his boss on The 100:

“i am a very different person with a very different world view than my employer on the 100 – and my work on the 100 was to use my skills to bring that vision to life,” wrote Grillo-Marxuach. “xena will be a very different show made for very different reasons. there is no reason to bring back xena if it is not there for the purpose of fully exploring a relationship that could only be shown subtextually in first-run syndication in the 1990s. it will also express my view of the world – which is only further informed by what is happening right now – and is not too difficult to know what that is if you do some digging.”

While the fate of another fictional queer woman will be left in the hands of yet another man — it’s at least somewhat comforting that his intentions and vision seems pure. Though accurate representation goes beyond the screen — Grillo-Marxuach’s ability to understand the LGBTQ community’s demands for better representation seems to be heard. The backlash over recent queer character death Lexa (Alycia Debnam-Carey) is still relevant. And with a recent survey that finds Generation Z identifying as more queer than heterosexual, it’s obvious that representation matters and that the current state of the entertainment industry needs to work on it. [...]

Gesamter Artikel: http://thefeminismproject.com/entertain ... t-subtext/

BeitragVerfasst: 25.02.2017, 22:52 

Javier Grillo-Marxuach ist bei Xena ausgestiegen. Wegen kreativer Differenzen.
Ich hoffe das bedeutet nichts schlechte für die LGBT Community und die Ausrichtung des Reboots :-(

http://xena2.ausxip.com/2017/02/newsfla ... boot-team/

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 22.08.2017, 23:08 

Nun wurde der Reboot in seiner jetztigen Form ganz gecancelt.

http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/08/2 ... -cancelled

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... bc-1031380

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

Alle Zeiten sind UTC