Aktuelle Zeit: 25.04.2024, 15:22

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 25 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 11.05.2012, 12:33 

This thread is supposed to be the place for a first hello.
If you are interested to help translating the MarBecca story just say hello and maybe give some short infos about what your background is and what you'd like to do. :D

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 11.05.2012, 12:33 

BeitragVerfasst: 11.05.2012, 19:08 

Hiya ^^

I believe I could help you translate the storyline from German to English and if you wish to Dutch as well.

Some basic info about me:

Name: Ester
Study: Medicine

Since I currently don't own a (working) television, I have to occupy myself by watching youtube, I really appreciate the fast uploads of the MarBecca storyline :danke: and want to support and help in any way I can, hence the offer to help translate

Since I have a few German exes who unfortunately didn't master the English language very well, I was in that way 'forced' to learn German. Although my grammar isn't perfect when I am speaking German myself, I do understand pretty much everything.

So, if you need my help, contact me ^^

BeitragVerfasst: 11.05.2012, 19:13 
Administrator

Hi animezzie,

welcome to our board and thanks a lot for joining us!! :danke:

BeitragVerfasst: 11.05.2012, 19:17 

Hey animezzie,
that's cool! Welcome on the board. We'll come back to you soon, about more details.... :)

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 11.05.2012, 23:10 

Thanks ^^

And thanks for having me, I hope I do well :P

By the way, you can just call me Ezzie or Ester (or flauschi > don't ask, but I respond to that as well...) or anything else you can come up with, it's been a while since I registered on a new forum, kinda forgot username = display name in most cases xD and can't change it anymore :(

BeitragVerfasst: 12.05.2012, 11:22 
Administrator

tegan changed your username :rainbow:

BeitragVerfasst: 12.05.2012, 22:45 

Hiya all,
thought I give it a try as well.
I'm Dutch as well and started translating for my girlfriend who speaks no other languages.
It started as a personal thing (had german copy of Alles wird gut, the movie).
Even tried French to English for: Le surprise or was it La surprise..
It is sometimes hard work: grammar and the feeling of a scene and the words spoken.
I find it fascinating.
I am trying to subtitle HG Hinter Gittern Sacha and Kerstin's story. At times I might be all wrong, but I am trying any way.
Anyway, I thought I could perhaps make myself useful in here.
I am 50 years old and used to teach Environmental Science in English to foreign students. That extended my vocabulary from music lyrics and books a bit. I am a hopeless romantic and love the German soap writers because they are bold and more original.
For instance: the Verbotene is not in being gay, it is in taking your brothers girlfriend!Or falling in love with your employee, or a waitress when you are high-born etc.
All in all: hope to be of service.
Nel

BeitragVerfasst: 12.05.2012, 22:57 
Administrator

Hi Nel,

thanks a lot for registering and welcome to our board. :rainbow:
I send you PN / E-Mail for more information.

BeitragVerfasst: 14.05.2012, 06:12 

late2knight hat geschrieben:
Hiya all,
I am a hopeless romantic and love the German soap writers because they are bold and more original.
For instance: the Verbotene is not in being gay, it is in taking your brothers girlfriend!Or falling in love with your employee, or a waitress when you are high-born etc.

totally agree!!!

Although I think the way Callie evolved in Grey's Anatomy, the whole falling in love with her best friend thing, was kind of realistic and well written as well. Except for the elevator kiss (if you know what I'm talking about) in front of Mark, which Erica would've only done if she had a thing for Mark, not for Callie... But that being off topic here xD

Totally agree with VL having great writers. And welcome to the team, woot I'm not the newbie anymore xD (I'd rather keep living in illusion, don't pop my bubble!! :wut: )

flauschi

BeitragVerfasst: 16.05.2012, 15:10 

Hello,
I want help you with the sutitles from the Rebecca & Marlene Story.
I´m 14 and I`m from Germany.
My English is not brilliant but I can try to help you :D
If you need my help, contact me.

BeitragVerfasst: 16.05.2012, 18:55 
Administrator

Welcome to our board, rainbow007 :rainbow:

BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2012, 20:28 

Hi!!

I've just started watching Marlene and Rebecca's storyline and have become addicted to it already! I find what you guys (Novemberstern75 and crew!) do --ie compiling the storyline, putting the videos up as quickly as possible, and even providing subtitles to them-- absolutely amazing and appreciate it a lot, and would love to be able to contribute to it somehow.

I don't speak English/ German as my fisrt language but I can usually unerstand most of the dialogues in German, unless they're spoken too fast or uttered rather unclearly (in which case I might use my imagination and "guess"... lol :mrgreen:); therefore I thought maybe I could help out with translating the storyline.

On a sidenote I'd like to add that I believe storylines like this not only are enjoyable (or shall I say: addictive) to watch for the sake of the storyline itself, but can also provide a great platform for getting to know a new language and culture! And therefore, those who take their time and enregy to spot the storylines in the ocean of TV series, stay tuned for the slightest interesting update, and then compile them and put them online for us to watch must be acknowledged twice-- once for prividing the storyline and once for providing the platform! I personally owe most of my Spanish knowledge to Los Hombres de Paco, Plan V, and Hospital Central; oh and I also managed to pick up some Dutch thank to Isabella and Ronja's storyline (too bad it didn't last long and I didn't know of any other such storylines in Dutch so that I could learn more Dutch as well)! And needless to mention all such German storylines I've watched so far which have helped me improve my German as well!

Anywaysss (sorry, I talked way too much for a first hello, didn't I)... I really hope I can be of some sort of help here, and look forward to hearing from you!

Bis gleich ;)

BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2012, 20:54 

9equinox hat geschrieben:
-- absolutely amazing and appreciate it a lot, and would love to be able to contribute to it somehow.

This quite helps!

On a sidenote I'd like to add that I believe storylines like this not only are enjoyable (or shall I say: addictive) to watch for the sake of the storyline itself, but can also provide a great platform for getting to know a new language and culture!

I couldn't agree with you more!

I also managed to pick up some Dutch thank to Isabella and Ronja's storyline (too bad it didn't last long and I didn't know of any other such storylines in Dutch so that I could learn more Dutch as well)!

Unfortunately we(**) have only too few!!
But there is one about Babette from Rozengeur en Wodka Lime (yes, that means what you think it means (scent-of-roses and wodka lime).
It ran at the end of one season and had some more episodes in the next. Babette and Natalie starts when Babette (her bf is in Spain at that time) reluctantly joins her friends when theywant to go to a "dyke bar" .
Not really a happy ending, but a good story line if you ask me... And good looking ladies and not a boring story!

Costa and a lesbian wedding? costa and english subs...

For a first welcome I also talk too much!
So uhm, welcome!

(**We?) (Yes I'm Dutch!)

BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2012, 21:22 
Administrator

Welcome 9equinox to our board :rainbow: and thanks a lot for registering so fast!
I send you PN / E-Mail for more information.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 25 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC