Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024, 15:59

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 26 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 15.12.2012, 16:16 

When I clicked on the link, it said it was locked. Will all the episodes be that way?

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 15.12.2012, 16:16 

BeitragVerfasst: 15.12.2012, 16:25 
Administrator

newby1 hat geschrieben:
When I clicked on the link, it said it was locked. Will all the episodes be that way?

They won't be released before monday

BeitragVerfasst: 15.12.2012, 23:31 

Ohhhh... I thought it was a short clip.

BeitragVerfasst: 17.12.2012, 06:50 

Hi,
Does somebody know when the ep will be availiable ? :D

BeitragVerfasst: 17.12.2012, 10:50 

Episode 1 is up now! -- 2 min, 40 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1YQI4Y9GhY

There are no subtitles [edit: btw, that wasn't intended to be a dig at anyone! I just meant, no official subs from VL... I'm grateful for the efforts of the fantastic translation folks here, who I'm sure will have it available when they get a chance]... but there isn't a lot of dialogue and I was able to understand the gist of what they were saying with the very limited German I've picked up so far... basically it's the story that was described in one of the spoilers -- Rebecca wants to go dancing, Marlene is reluctant.

Is this the thread where we can discuss the show, too? I'm not sure if I need to put in spoiler tags, so just in case...
Spoiler:
I'm still sort of mulling over the first episode but my initial thoughts are:
The editing is very different from the general VL show. I think it's a little jarring at first but it seems to work okay for the short webseries format.

It's kind of cool that Marbecca have their own show title at the beginning.

That's a lot of empty beer bottles already, Rebecca. (Also, I can't remember the last time I saw Rebecca actually drinking beer and not wine or champagne.) I mean, why not just one or two bottles?

I like Rebecca a lot but this time, she seemed to come across as a little too strong in convincing Marlene to go with her. I think my main gripe is that Rebecca didn't actually ask Marlene if she wanted to go (at least, not from what I could understand -- if she did, then I'm glad). But it sounds like Rebecca went full speed ahead and even picked out the dress for Marlene to wear without asking, either?

I liked how Marlene entered and tossed her bag down before she smiles at Rebecca dancing....very nice way of indicating how at home she feels at Rebecca's.

It seems like the timeline is sometime after Marlene has moved in with Rebecca. I'm wondering if the entire 5 episodes will be devoted to this particular dancing story, so that the last episode shows Marlene having fun and being comfortable. Looking forward to the next episode already...

BeitragVerfasst: 17.12.2012, 11:15 
Administrator

sleepy hat geschrieben:
Is this the thread where we can discuss the show, too?

yes, you can...

BeitragVerfasst: 17.12.2012, 11:38 

Great, thank you!

BeitragVerfasst: 17.12.2012, 13:20 

sleepy, Marlene tossing her handbag like that was very funny, I also loved the look she gave Rebecca when she saw her dancing in nothing but a towel. Whoa. 8) I didn't think Rebecca came on particularly strong - I imagine she was already aware of Marlene's reservations about going dancing as a couple and knew she'd have to use her powers of persuasion - Marlene's initial facial expressions were quite obvious - but then, it all changed very quickly, and to me it was just as obvious that Marlene really wanted to go clubbing and dancing with her girl, but that she still needs some reassurance - in that context I loved how Rebecca offered her hand (when they entered the club) and how Marlene took it and allowed Becca to drag her into the club. It's awesome how self-confident Rebecca is about loving a woman - I think it's just the kind of quiet strength Marlene needs right now. Normally, Marlene is a self-confident, out-going woman - but this is new territory, and she simply has to get used to being "out" with Rebecca.

BeitragVerfasst: 17.12.2012, 18:57 

Well, I might be in the minority here, but this is how I reacted --

:shock:
WTF!?!

I've watched the clip 3 times and all I can think is ... WTF?

Rebecca's clothes are strewn everywhere and she's knocking back her 3rd beer and she's still dripping wet from a shower and she wants to go dancing .... <insert the Sheik saying "OK" here>

From Marlene's pained, awkward, uncomfortable reaction to Rebecca's idea that they go dancing, you would think Rebecca asked her to participate in LIVE NUDE WRESTLING in downtown Dusseldorf.

Then Marlene looking like a frightened raccoon entering the club, CLEARLY NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ADVENTURE ... ugh!

I love VL for acknowledging the awesomeness of Marbecca fans and creating something for us. It's amazing and wonderful and generous -- but who wrote that webisode? It's awful! Give me 2 uninterrupted minutes of them TALKING to each other -- that would be HEAVEN.

Does Tatjana have a clause in her contract that says she must appear in the shower, in a towel and/or soaking wet at least once a month?

Oy. :roll:

BeitragVerfasst: 17.12.2012, 22:01 

sleepy hat geschrieben:
I'm still sort of mulling over the first episode but my initial thoughts are:
The editing is very different from the general VL show. I think it's a little jarring at first but it seems to work okay for the short webseries format.

It's kind of cool that Marbecca have their own show title at the beginning.

I love the editing and different style of the webseries. It's a bit more daring and experimental :-)

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 19.12.2012, 02:50 

hoppetosse hat geschrieben:
I love the editing and different style of the webseries. It's a bit more daring and experimental :-)

I like it for the same reason.

I don't think it's suppose to be anything deep and meaningful. it feels like a nice little detour from the real storyline (which I do admit is kinda boring right now. we need a new dilemma! but that is not the point of this thread) it just feels fun and not too serious. it reminds me of something but I can't really pinpoint it at the moment.... the main point is they did this for no reason except as thanks to the fans. and I read the Chrolli shippers aren't too happy about it. oh geez, they're a new pairing and people love them, let us have the glory for once? :mrgreen: who knows maybe they'll do this more for other pairings? altho right now I feel very special cos they made it just for us and no one else. 8)

BeitragVerfasst: 19.12.2012, 10:58 

Hey, everybody... So, the third episode... it needs no translations! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPfttyrgQk0

I loved the (no doubt deliberate) cheesiness of the looong stare-off, probably because I like cheesiness esp. in GLBT storylines (because we see so little of it in general). I thought the simple reassuring handhold was sweet, and I totally laughed with Rebecca and Marlene when they laughed (seemed like pretty genuine laughs to me...I wouldn't be surprised if the actors had a hard time keeping it together during that staring session!).

Near the end when they're dancing and Marlene appears to be the one who makes the first move and puts her arms around Rebecca.... Way to go Marlene! 8)

Wondering what the final two episodes will be about...

I agree, I like the welcome change of pace... and although it definitely isn't "high drama" I would say it's still meaningful, because it shows another important milestone for Marlene personally and for Marbecca as a couple. I would have liked to see this stuff on the actual show of course, but I'm really appreciative that we're getting to see this at all.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 26 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2

Alle Zeiten sind UTC