Aktuelle Zeit: 25.04.2024, 03:33

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 73 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 15:22 

Zitat:
No, no, the first episode of VL was like in 1995 and Canna were like 10 years later. There was even another lesbian story before them, Nina and Erika which were pretty cool on her own.

LOL, my bad. When I watched episode 116 and then episode 1, I thought they were the actual episode numbers. But now I understand it must've meant part 1 and part 116 of Carla/Hanna's SL.

About Nina and Erika, ya know what, I'm pretty glad the SL isn't subtitled. I don't think I could watch another German couple. :lol: Not to sound racist or anything but I usually watch VL scenes at night and it's pretty hard to keep up with the subtitles when I'm half asleep. :shock: But I will definitely finish off watching Carla's storylines now that I'm pretty invested in the character.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 29.05.2012, 15:22 

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 15:33 

Yeah, plus I forgot, it seems Nina and Erika isn't online anyway. Basically you can watch all current and semi-recent VL freely on youtube because it's a public channel, kinda like the German BBC One. But they sold off the old episodes to a cable channel that focuses on soap repeats (kinda like SoapNet used to be in the US).

So when people started uploading the Nina Erika scenes as they aired on the cable channel the cable channel people came after them :? So there's only music vids and their one scene from the anniversary episode.

Glad you found a taste for Carla. Happy to report she definitely rode off into the sunset with a woman, so no tragic deaths there anymore after Hanna. :huhu:

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 20:07 

Zitat:
Glad you found a taste for Carla. Happy to report she definitely rode off into the sunset with a woman, so no tragic deaths there anymore after Hanna. :huhu:

That's good to know. Don't think I could take another death. :-(

So, I randomly watched a couple of Carla/Stella scenes and then realised I was meant to watch Carla/Susanne first. So then watched 7 straight scenes of them. TBH, I am not feeling Susanne at all, I much preferred the little bit of Stella I've watched to her. Please tell me it get's better. But for Carla's sake I will stick to it, it paid off in the end with Carla/Hanna.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 20:24 

Susanne is a bit of acquired taste. There are some people who LOVE the story and considere it the best and most mature Carla story and there are people who loathe it.

For what it's worth:
1.) She get a haircut later on
2.) I thought they had some very neat domestic scenes

Simply because it's not something you are used to see like that for women couples.

Even you decide not to watch the story, you HAVE to watch the scene where Carla goes a private strip tease for Susanne for some occasion (birthday? valentine's day? don't remember). Claudia Hiersche, hubba, hubba, hubba!!!!

Personally, I kinda always thought that especially early Susanne kinda reminded me of a cute self insert fanfic. Kinda representative for all the sweet middle aged housewives who watched VL and realized that they would go gay for Carla :mrgreen: But that's just my evil tongue talking. :lol:

Stella was controversial in her own way. It's one thing where you non German speakers are probably kinda blessed because the Stella actress was actually a model turned actress and she had A LOT of problems with clear diction. But since you don't understand her either it makes no difference to you :mrgreen: But yeah, because of this there were a lot of fans who didn't like the story because they felt she was one of the weaker actresses of the show. Plus, admittedly the story did kinda meander around. But I thought it still had its cute moments. But you kinda notice that it wasn't really a "main" story for the show. So Carla and Stella in the end got together a bit quickly and didn't really have those patented big languid soapy love scenes like you had in Canna and to some extent also in SuCa.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 20:47 

Zitat:
For what it's worth:
1.) She get a haircut later on

This seriously made me laugh out loud! :mrred: I hate to sound shallow but her appearance didn't help matters so that's good to know.

Zitat:
Even you decide not to watch the story, you HAVE to watch the scene where Carla goes a private strip tease for Susanne for some occasion (birthday? valentine's day? don't remember). Claudia Hiersche, hubba, hubba, hubba!!!!

No, I will definitely continue watching so at least there's one thing to look forward to. Ooh, that should be fun! And who knows, I may even like Carla/Susanne in the end.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 20:51 

Have some SuCa pictures: http://vl-discuss.livejournal.com/10353.html

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 21:04 

OMG Carla married Susanne? I thought when you mentioned Carla marries it was to Stella, her being her last fling and all before Carla left (well from what I assume). Carla/Stella did happen after Carla/Susanne, right? Wait, so Carla/Susanne have a kid and then Susanne gets back with her ex-hubby? I really do need to watch the rest now.

Zuletzt geändert von UKFan am 29.05.2012, 22:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 21:10 

Nono, different stories.

Carla and Susanne got married and were together for a long time. They had a baby together and then Susanne kinda fell in love with the sperm donor and Carla divorced her. But the wedding was really beautiful, VL really went all out and did it just as cheesily and big and pompously like any straight wedding and IMO they told their marriage stories also just like they would have with any straight couple.

Stella is the woman who arrived shortly before Claudia Hiersche left the show and they left together and got married in off screen land.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 21:16 

dunno if there's a full translated storyline of SuCa though.
utubeere is still working on it on mittags channel... you need to look at some other channels.

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 21:18 

Considering how long SuCa were together a best of might not the best worst choice. :lol:

What did you think of SuCa btw, hoppetosse?

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 21:23 

LolaRuns hat geschrieben:
Nono, different stories.

Carla and Susanne got married and were together for a long time. They had a baby together and then Susanne kinda fell in love with the sperm donor and Carla divorced her.

Woah, that's messed up. Aw and after all Carla's been through. Poor Carla.

Zitat:
Stella is the woman who arrived shortly before Claudia Hiersche left the show and they left together and got married in off screen land

Gotcha. It didn't occur to me Carla might have got married more than once. So how long was Carla on VL for and how long has it been since she's left?

Sorry for all the questions but you always leave me wanting more. :lol:

Zuletzt geändert von UKFan am 29.05.2012, 23:00, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 21:31 

Zitat:
Woah, that's messed up. Aw and after all Carla's been through. Poor Carla.

It was a bit more complicated than that. Susanne developed feelings for the guy, but she clearly loved Carla more. But Carla thought that Susanne would go back to men and that she couldn't be trusted (that happens a lot in VL's gay storylines, where the gay person first falls in love with a straight person, successfully wins them and then gets all judgemental about them not being gay enough. Happend to three of the major gay male couples). After Carla broke up with her Susanne tried to win her back but Carla wouldn't budge. Susanne tried to be happy with the guy (they even slept together at that point) but Susanne just couldn't get over Carla and her relationship with that guy ended quickly. After that a sad Susanne left the show.

From what I remember, nothing more than a kiss happened between Susanne and that guy while SuCa were still together, but Carla had a one night stand with a woman. It was a typical messy marriage storyline with some good acting though. It wasn't just poor Carla or poor Susanne, they both made mistakes and Carla could be kinda bitchy in this story too.

The VL fanpage tells me Claudia was on from Folge 2060 (19.09.2003) till Folge 3503 (10.11.2009). 6 years and a whopping 1443 episodes plus a short guest appearance where she settled some family matters.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 21:46 

LolaRuns hat geschrieben:
What did you think of SuCa btw, hoppetosse?

well, I think it was my first story I saw on youtube of Carla... or the second after Starla? dunno anymore for sure.
What I found quite endearing about her and the story, that she wasn't "THE beauty" - a quite average woman and I found her geeky/foolish ways in the beginning endearing too. She had a warm and symphathetic appearance. (all aspects where I see a tiny little parallel to Jemma). Back then this story did a lot to me, but today it doesn't capture me this much anymore. not sure if it's due to the fact I've already seen it, or other stories were better.
I think it was a quite mature storyline and I liked the openess in it without those big dramas as in Canna.

Starla was as you alrady said a bit kinda sidestory and for me it wasn't played so intense as the other two main stories. But well Starla were for sure cute and beautiful together :)

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 22:15 

Zitat:
What I found quite endearing about her and the story, that she wasn't "THE beauty" - a quite average woman and I found her geeky/foolish ways in the beginning endearing too.

Yeah, I agree. I also felt kinda she became a subtly bit more stylish and confident the longer she dated Carla (but without it changing her completely ).

Still, I feel the story made a lot more "sense" in a way if you kinda watched her more from her POV than from Carla's. Because it really was kinda like the unexptected girl getting the princess.

I mean, not that the story was devoid of character development value for Carla. After she had that whole getting over Hanna thing to deal with and it was nice to see her in an full, mature and public relationship. And of course there was a dash of Romeo and Juliet too with Susanne's fathers distrusting all Lahnsteins.

But I kinda agree with what you see with it not aging as gracefully as maybe some others.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 73 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC