Aktuelle Zeit: 18.04.2024, 09:48

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 73 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 27.05.2012, 23:48 

Zitat:
I'll be sure to definitely check 'em out if I can find any translated videos about.

there are lots of translated episodes on Mittags chanel, but also Carlafreak and some others.
best translations are on mittags channel - utubeere who does them is american who studied german and lived there for some years :)
unfortunately mittag doesn't have playlists for everything - but utubeere put up one on her channel (there's a gap of not translated clips in the Starla storyline though, where she stopped to put the clips in the playlist... but it's actually only a gap - later parts are translated again.)

It's
1. Canna - Carla and Hanna
2. Suca - Susanne and Carla
3. Starla - Stella and Carla
those are the big stories, but there are some flings too with a few clips...

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 27.05.2012, 23:48 

BeitragVerfasst: 28.05.2012, 00:50 

hoppetosse hat geschrieben:
Zitat:
I'll be sure to definitely check 'em out if I can find any translated videos about.

there are lots of translated episodes on Mittags chanel, but also Carlafreak and some others.
best translations are on mittags channel - utubeere who does them is american who studied german and lived there for some years :)
unfortunately mittag doesn't have playlists for everything - but utubeere put up one on her channel (there's a gap of not translated clips in the Starla storyline though, where she stopped to put the clips in the playlist... but it's actually only a gap - later parts are translated again.)

It's
1. Canna - Carla and Hanna
2. Suca - Susanne and Carla
3. Starla - Stella and Carla
those are the big stories, but there are some flings too with a few clips...

Guess I've got no excuse now. :) Will check 'em out now, thanks Hoppetosse!

BeitragVerfasst: 28.05.2012, 02:16 

Zitat:
Damn. Tristan has just become way more interesting in my book now!

Yes, I think he was definitely a lot more entertaining back then even though some things he did was pretty gross and some parts of the story were kinda boring. The acting was really awesome though in parts particularly around the big reveals and confrontations. I'm pretty sad that the nice-d him up so much when they made him Marlene's boyfriend. Now aside from the times when he attacked Alexander (both before and after he knew Alexander was a rapist) were kinda the only traces of his old behavior. Now when he's not so nice to Marlene it's more like ... bitchy rather than bad if that makes sense. Kinda catty and passive-agressive and as such not that fun to watch.

Though I do think that he still has some of those old character traits even if they have been toned down to a socially acceptable manner. Like with Helena the point was that he was extremely possessive of her, wanted to be around her all the time and would freak out when he couldn't control her. => I think it's kinda neat how that worked out for him with being Marlene's manager because that essentially gives him a socially acceptable excuse to be in control of her calendar and fuss over her intimately both before and after they started officially dating.

It's pretty sad to me that I just never bought the connection between Tristan and Marlene (though I guess that's nice for Marbecca ;)) the way I did with Tristan and Helena. It's kind of hard to describe but to me Tristan and Marlene always seem like they talk "past" each other. Kinda like there were a lot of silences and lying in the relationship even before Rebecca came along. Like there are scenes where I feel like they already come across like a celeb couple that's been together for 40 years and have been together only for the name/money for a long time (like that scene where they give a joint interview right after Marlene's abortion or pretty much any scene where Tristan sits in his chair kinda exasperated like the one where he doesn't want her to perform at Schneiders and she wants to go) while a lot of their happy stuff feels pretty fake-y to me (like their "gladiator run" at the opening of the club). Meanwhile Tristan and Helena were super emotionally intimate with just a ton of talking and her confiding her secrets to him, so when she found out that he'd been lying to her the entire time it was just awesome soapy drama fireworks. I just have a really hard time recently picturing it being like that when Marbecca comes out because I just don't get the same type of emotional intimacy feel from them at all. For example, if you kinda look at it as Tristan being "the Helena" now and Marlene is the Tristan who keeps a very vital emotional secret from him, I just can't really think of any scenes where Tristan was all that emotionally intimate with Marlene. It's all very controlled and held back if you know what I mean. A bit like both of them always put up a front with each other. Like, I saw more emotional intimacy between him and Nico when he saves her from jumping off a bridge or when he tells her about his near death experience and his past friendship with her dead husband. (which is why Marlene falling for like world's worst liar/least emotional self-control person Rebecca actually makes a lot of sense to me)

To change the topic:

Carla's stories => very watchable

A lot of people used to say that there are a lot of similarities between Marbecca and Carla's first love story Canna.
Carla (lesbian, countess, likes to draw her crushes)
falls in love with
Hanna (straight, loving but clueless boyfriend)

And a pool also plays a very essential role :rainbow: And a supposed to be "innocent"/socially acceptable kiss that changes everything (though admittedly that's kinda a staple of VL love stories in general).

Or course I think the character dynamics were very different. In the Canna relationship, even though Hanna was the one changing her sexuality for Carla, Carla was definitely the drama queen of the two because Carla was, well, Carla and she was very closeted in public (not in a sexually confused way, she had tons of female sexual playthings, she was just worried her beloved father would disapprove) and Hanna was more the down to earth person. While in Marbecca Marlene is definitely the drama queen :lol:

BeitragVerfasst: 28.05.2012, 03:06 

So, I was all for watching a Carla playlist when I came across a Rebecca/Miriam one, so opted for that instead since I've never seen the old Rebecca in action and wanted to see how she compares to the new one. I must admit she totally seems like a different character but that could be down to her maturing and all in New York, 'cause let's face it, old Rebecca was pretty immature. So what happened to Miriam? I actually quite liked her, I think she would've been the one I preferred if they were still together.

Zitat:
And a pool also plays a very essential role :rainbow: And a supposed to be "innocent"/socially acceptable kiss that changes everything (though admittedly that's kinda a staple of VL love stories in general).

Will definitely be watching some Carla/Hanna scenes when I get the chance after reading that! :wink: And here's me thinking Rebecca/Miriam had a few pretty hot scenes.

Zitat:
While in Marbecca Marlene is definitely the drama queen :lol:

And you've just got to love her for that! :liebe2:

BeitragVerfasst: 28.05.2012, 03:20 

Yes Miri was a total sweetie. But she was a supporting character, kinda like the current No Limits waitress Josie or maybe more like Justus the castle butler. She never had a real storyline of her own, she was pretty much used whenever they needed a superficial conflict for somebody (like she dated Andi for a month or so when Tristan temporary managed to successfully break up Andi and Helena but it was really just there so Helena would have something to angst about, she also slept with her last boss Gregor as a way of showing the audience how much Gregor was slutting around after the end of his marriage and she used to have a crush on Christian as a way of driving forward the original Christian and Olli hooking up story). She was essentially in the background as a waitress/without any storylines after the thing with Rebecca ended (again pretty much exactly like Josie is now). Then she developed a crush on Emilio when he came to town and they hooked up casually a couple of times ... and then Miriam suddenly disappeared from one episode to the next because the actress couldn't come to an agreement with VL about her new job as a VJane on VIVA (which is kinda like a German version of MTV). Basically TPTB apparently told her she couldn't do both and she chose the new job.

There was quite a lot of criticism because the actor who plays Christian does pretty much the same thing, have a role on VL and being a presenter for a lifestyle/gossip news show, so with him apparently they did find a way to allow him to do both.

I really wish they would bring Miri up again, at the very least so Rebecca could tell the story of what it was like for her and she fell for a girl for the first time in her life and that she knows those feelings of confusion.

But yeah the Miribecca relationship wasn't "equal" in the eyes of the show (and I give a lot of credit to the actresseses that you never really felt that in their scenes) beacuse Rebecca was a full character with a contract and family connections while Miriam was "staff" type supporting character.

And yeah, old Rebecca was kinda whiny. Very easily driven to tears and self pity. But I have to say, whenever nuRebecca has one of her freak out moments I have an "Awwwww, it's Rebecca after all" moment. In a weird way what throws me most is not the actress or the hair or the new attitude, it's the clothes. OldRebecca was always dressed very colorful/bird of paradise like, so seeing nuRebecca ins mostly dark or muted colors is sometimes really distracting to me.

Zitat:
Will definitely be watching some Carla/Hanna scenes when I get the chance after reading that! :wink: And here's me thinking Rebecca/Miriam had a few pretty hot scenes.

There is a certain Canna scene which is pretty legendary (I think you'll know which one when you see it) and people started speculating about VL ripping off that scene pretty much from the moment when they heard that No Limits was going to have a pool. However since they already used the pool for that almost kiss/almost caught scene I don't think that they will.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 02:55 

Zitat:
There is a certain Canna scene which is pretty legendary (I think you'll know which one when you see it) and people started speculating about VL ripping off that scene pretty much from the moment when they heard that No Limits was going to have a pool. However since they already used the pool for that almost kiss/almost caught scene I don't think that they will.

Awwwww. :-( :-( :-( You never told me Hanna dies (BTW, just to clarify, I've only this minute finished watching the Carla/Hanna SL, if you hadn't already guessed). I hate it when they kill off a character like that. Awww. they were really sweet, weren't they. Like, they were really in love. I don't think I've seen that much affection come across a TV couple before. Awww, you have to bear with, am still kinda upset.

And about 'the scene', I didn't even bloody see it! Because I watched the playlist off CarlaFreak's channel she only had episode 116 as the first scene, so here was me patiently watching through 44 scenes waiting for one scene (see, because you mentioned it before) and I never even got to see it! It's my own fault really, I knew I should've kept looking for a better playlist when the scene I watched was of Carla/Hanna already as a couple. For me, I love the chase, watching how a couple get together.

Anyway, am going to look for the chase :lol: scenes now and will then discuss 'the scene' scene. :wink:

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 04:01 

UKFan hat geschrieben:
Anyway, am going to look for the chase :lol: scenes now and will then discuss 'the scene' scene. :wink:

Novemberstern75's channel on YouTube has the Carla/Hanna episodes from the first time they met all the way through until the end. I thought I had seen all of the Canna scenes but when you mentioned episode 116, I took a look. I didn't remember that particular one but it has been quite some time since I had watched all of the Canna shows. Anyway, have fun watching! :lol: As everyone has already mentioned, Claudia Hiersche does an awesome job playing Carla. She brings a certain elegance and class to the role which makes her aristocratic lineage believable.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 04:09 

Awww, sorry. And yes, Claudia Hiersche's Carla was quite the thing, wasn't she? Hopefully I haven't ruined all future storylines for you now, if they have to compete with that :lol: . Great actress, amazing chemistry.

It was certainly cruel that Hanna died, but I think the show made up for it by making sure Carla didn't just disappear somewhere after that. On one hand they were respectful of Canna by showing Carla grieve, but they gave Carla other big romances too. And they found a way to make each of Carla's loves unique, so it never felt like they were just trying to rip off Canna. And they found a way of being respectful to Canna without ever making it seem like it overshadowed the new romances. It really was one of the best stories, gay or straight, VL has ever done.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 04:13 

I am going off topic with my question but I was wondering if anyone ever watched "Los Hombres de Paco" (Spain) or "Las Aparacio" (Mexico) when they were on. I found both shows kind of humorous aside of the lesbian storylines. Spain has a current show, although on a season break, that has a lesbian romance, called "Tierra de Lobos". The whole show in general is pretty good.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 04:25 

I kinda superficially follow/followed HDP (<= now that was a mean death, like sure it was dramatic but from what I understand it had exactly the problem which VL fixed. on VL Hanna's death was dramatic, but the story wasn't over then, the viewers got to see how Carla's life continued and got better again and she found other things in her life that were good too; VL actually really loves killing off their big couples in big dramatic ways (there's like 5 straight couples that met a similar end), but they ALWAYS follow up with a story about how the surviving partner ends up being alright and have a big emphasis on the idea of finding love again/how your partner would want you to be happy again and not spend your life being distraught and broken) and TDL. Haven't really looked at LA.

There is a section on this board that had updates on what other shows with lesbian storylines are around kept maintained by the lovely Vero :danke:, it's in German though however. It's still worth checking out for the pretty pictures alone though. :D

Some other big and popular lesbian romances on German shows were:
Jemma (Jenny and Emma) on HAH [very great story but the show was cancelled, happy end for Jemma though]
Pauzi (Paula and Franzi) on GZSZ [warning, death in this one too]
Kerstin and Sascha from Hinter Gittern
Billy's stories on Marienhof

Some not so great lesbian stories on German shows in recent years were
Lily and Jasmin AUDL
Bine and Rebecca on UU

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 05:47 

mimi7164 hat geschrieben:
UKFan hat geschrieben:

Novemberstern75's channel on YouTube has the Carla/Hanna episodes from the first time they met all the way through until the end. I thought I had seen all of the Canna scenes but when you mentioned episode 116, I took a look. I didn't remember that particular one but it has been quite some time since I had watched all of the Canna shows. Anyway, have fun watching! :lol: As everyone has already mentioned, Claudia Hiersche does an awesome job playing Carla. She brings a certain elegance and class to the role which makes her aristocratic lineage believable.

I even subscribe to Novemerstern75 and it didn't even occur to me to check out their channel, silly me. Nevermind, I managed to find the missing scene on Mizkel's channel but thanks anyway!

And, I've got to agree with you about the actress who plays Carla, she definitely did a great job playing her. Wish she was still around so I could properly she her in action. :-(

Zuletzt geändert von UKFan am 29.05.2012, 15:44, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 05:48 

AHHHHH that was so good! OMG, Carla is such a fricken flirt and I love it! I'm actually quite glad I watched the SL back to front now. That being said, it did take me a good few scenes to get into the SL down to watching episode 116 first (like, the whole kidnapping SL I thought was pretty daft) but if I had watched it from the very beginning I know I would've been hooked straight away. Then again, I would've definitely been way more upset watching the end. So yeah, am still glad I watched it how I dd. :lol:

OMFG! THE SCENE!!! Lola, you weren't kidding about it being legendary, were ya! :D Firstly, SO did not see Las walking in on 'em. My face was seriously like this ---> :o :o :o And here was me half expecting some hot ass steamy scene which don't get me wrong it was, but it was also... how shall I put it, romantic. Yeah, I've got to seriously applaud VL on how they portrayed this whole SL. It just seemed so realistic (well, to me anyhow). I just loved it.

And Lola, I totally saw the similarities between Marlene/Rebecca with Carla/Hanna. Love the fact Rebecca draws Marlene like Carla did Hanna. And like, when Carla kissed Hanna when she was asleep like Rebecca did Marlene. And when Hanna kissed Carla for the first time to get rid of those guys like Miriam did with old Rebecca.

Oh and I like how they made Carla all closed up and Hanna (which seemed pretty quick to me watching all the scenes back to back but probably wasn't) fairly open about their relationship, you'd think it'd be the other way round. And Lola, Carla was definitely the drama queen in their relationship! :D Ooh and I loved their first scene together, you can so tell they both felt something (well, I thought so, at least). And the scene when Las turned up to Carla's invitation was too funny. :lol:

Lola & Hoppe, am just glad you guys recommend Carla/Hanna to me. 'Cause at first to be honest, I wasn't too keen. I don't know why, I think I thought the SL was maybe too old for me to get into. But yeah, am so glad that I did now. BTW, were they both really in the very first episode of VL?

Now (and by now, I mean tomorrow or whenever :) ), Carla's next two pairings. Doubt they will match up to Hanna, but what the hell I'll give them a go. :lol:

Zuletzt geändert von UKFan am 29.05.2012, 15:42, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 06:50 

No, no, the first episode of VL was like in 1995 and Canna were like 10 years later. There was even another lesbian story before them, Nina and Erika which were pretty cool on her own.

Gay Nina fell in love with Arno's wife Erika, it was also the typical "She's my friend and I have a crush on her". Of course they also got together after a lot of drama. But then Erika cheated on Nina with Arno and Nina broke up with her while Erika begged Nina to take her back. They had a really tearful breakup scene where Erika moved out of town. Nina then dated another chick named Jule and generally stuck around the show for a while, just being a nice and friendly character. The show eventually gave them their off screen happy end when during the 10 year anniversary episodes some of the characters from back then met Nina and Erika to say hello and Nina and Erika releaved that Nina and Erika had met up again after Nina left town and that they were a happy couple now :bussi:

I don't know though if the story is subtitled at all, but there are some nice music vids.

Carla's other romances, like I said, I think each one brought something unique to the table.

After Hanna there came a pretty fun time where Carla was very obviously not over Hanna yet and just slept around casually, most notably with a girl named Anke. And now don't read till you have watched the storylines.

Then she met straight Susanne and on a twist on the typical gay/straight formula, straight Susanne (a somewhat dorky taxi driver and mother of two adopted teenagers) fell for Carla on first sight and started chasing her while Carla was somewhat dubious and it took a lot of effort for Susanne to win Carla's heart. Eventually they got married, but Susanne wanted a baby with Carla, but she herself couldn't carry the child to term, so Carla got pregnant for her. But then the sperm donor, a certain familiar face as you will come to know, fell in love with Susanne. Carla got angry and jealous and cheated on Susanne with another woman and in the end, if I recall correctly, eventually dumped Susanne. Susanne begged Carla to take her back, but though Carla was tempted she went with her drama queen self and signed the divorce papers. (<= super tragic soapy stuff). A heartbroken Susanne then left town.

Then Carla played ice queen for a year or so, only focusing on her work and her child and battling Ansgar.

Then suddenly a nutty blond whirlwind named Stella entered Carla's life and became the castle manager of Königsbrunn. In a truly revolutionary turn of events Stella was just as 100% gay as Carla. Of course Carla still fretted, what if she does not like me? I can't date an employee! And as a result Carla behaved like a total crazy teenage crush nutjob around a very confused Stella and thinking her boss somewhat insane Stella instead developed a crush on straight Charlie, much to Carla's annoyance. However Charlie soon realized that whole gay stuff wasn't really for her and Stella and Charlie broke up. During this time Carla was under particular duress from her evil brother Ansgar and Stella in the end discovered her feelings for Carla after all (in a way that some feel was a bit rushed, because Claudia Hiersche around that time had already announced that she was leaving the show). Carla in typical drama queen style demanded that they meet in secret because don't you know dating an employee is wrong! From what I remember Stella eventually got offered a job elsewhere and Carla, who was pissed with her family anyway, agreed to go with Stella and they rode off into the sunset with Carla's daughter Sophia.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.05.2012, 13:25 

I 've watched the HdP storyline and never watched the end to it's total end - it was sooo cruel - really traumatic... grrr. I saw one or two clips of the next season where Pepa took revenge for Sylvia's death... but after that? nothing... :-(
yeah, Lola is right, VL did a good job with the grieving. Novemberstern just recently edited some past-Hanna's-death clips which showed the grieving and how she went on. this was really cool! thanks Sterni! :)
I would have loved to follow more parts of the Las Aparichio show, especially because of the Las Aparicio sisters, but well can't undestand spanish. I always didn't know what to think of the Juliana storyline - some parts I thought were great, but the writers had some problems to find a good pace with it ... I think that was due to their very young team.
TdL is well done too, I think.
What I liked too was the story around Sylvina and Marisa from 099 Central, another spanish? or portuguese? show. Unfortunatly not all subbed with english subs.

I loved the Canna story at first too, but tbh - at some point it was too much of suffering in it (Carla's fears to be out and then Hanna's illness and death) and that really spoiled it for me.

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 73 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC