Aktuelle Zeit: 26.04.2024, 05:10

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 246 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Discussion about the storyline
BeitragVerfasst: 24.10.2012, 05:09 

Zitat:
BTW, I read some complaints that Helena doesn't really have anything to do anymore other than being Tristan's private psychiatrist, so I feel prompted to pimp this vid a bit.

Thanks for the vid, Lola! I know for sure I would've so shipped Tristan/Helena from the start even with the whole incest thing (obviously I don't like it in RL but I'm not fussed about it on TV as long as the couple have chemistry. There was a couple on HO that I so shipped). What I find surprising is how did Tristan/Helena get to a place where they could be 'normal' around one another? Ya know with him trying to rape her and all. :|

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 24.10.2012, 05:09 

BeitragVerfasst: 24.10.2012, 05:14 

LolaRuns hat geschrieben:
And fans used this song for Marbecca as early as... before they started airing :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYworpQGmf8[/youtube]

Bloody hell how intuitive are Marbecca fans?! :D

BeitragVerfasst: 24.10.2012, 05:37 

Naw, Tristan/Helena were pretty dark at the beginning, not just because it was incest but also because he was really possessive. I mean they were always *pretty* together, but I think the show always made it very clear that it didn't approve of it/wasn't really romanticizing it, that the more healthy relationship was between Helena and her then boyfriend Andi (too bad that the actors had like anti-chemistry even when they tried, particularly in fight or casual couple scenes).

Like it wasn't just that Tristan and Helena were siblings but also that they always knew they were siblings AND that it was completely onesided AND that Tristan was a manipulative schemer character. Like, it is called Forbidden Love, but it doesn't support all loves just because they are forbidden. Like there are some things not even they will touch. But they still wrote the story with some sympathy. And I think one of parallel between that situation and now is that to me it was similar because it was the fight between his own needs/his desire to own/control/not share on one side and then genuine care/empathy on the other. Like for me one of the key moments of the story was when Tristan was exposed for what he had done and he essentially broke down and admitted to himself that he kinda had told himself that the ends justified the means (aka that Helena would be happier anyway in the end without Andi because Andi was a cad) but in the process he had hurt the only person he cared about. Like he has this drive/need, but he also had the empathy to realize how horrible it must feel for the other person. It's just sometimes the needs/dark revengeful desires take over and he loses sight of right or wrong. But I would consider him more empathic than the Tanja or Ansgar types (but also more unpredictable).

One of the German posters way back said that she liked about Tristan is there there was a certain androgyny to Tristan, like he's still a guy but there are like some female-ly sides to him as well in his demeanor (ok, I'm probably phrasing this really badly and confusingly), but I always thought that that made a lot of sense, that Tristan would be that way because the original twin story made a huge fuss about how emotionally close and "one" Tristan and Helena were, how they had a deep emotional understanding/connection [btw, I always thought that there was something deeply narcissist about Tristan falling in love with the person he considered his "other half/part of himself"]. Basically if you spend your life feeling like you live halfway inside the brain of your sister, no wonder you are capable having a developed female side :wink:

Zitat:
What I find surprising is how did Tristan/Helena get to a place where they could be 'normal' around one another? Ya know with him trying to rape her and all.

Errr, soap magic? Naw they just said that it was an "insane phase" and that that insane phase was now cured and hence the things he did during the insane phase "didn't really count" (ok they never actually said that but that was the implication). Basically Tristan had this coma experience where he cured himself (don't ask, it was stupid). He then woke up, willingly confessed all his recent bad deeds, got kicked out of castle for it. He then moved in with Tanja where he mostly sat around and angsted and professed his intention to stay away from the family because he had learned the error of his ways. Then one day Helena showed up, announced that her twin intuition told her that Tristan was better now and that it was ok if he returned into the family (ok again not literally like that, but pretty close, plus some other stuff like Tristan trying to help to save the life of their father Ludwig). And they weren't really fine immediately. Like Tristan was kinda looked at suspiciously from the family still put proved his redemption by bearing that without freaking out. Plus if you look at the older videos they used to be a lot more giddy and touchy feely back then and compared to back then they are a lot more restrained/normal people now.

Plus then after a year or so they did a story where Helena accidentally killed her best friend's husband in a hit and run and kinda had her own spell with depression/suicidal thoughts and Tristan was there for her *without* hitting on her and after that they were basically back on close friendship basis, with Tristan wishing Helena happiness with her then doctor boyfriend and Helena wishing him happiness with Marlene.

But yeah, the general gist is that the family looks at the "Tristan tried to rape Helena" time as having a bout with insanity/not having been himself but he's all better now.

Zitat:
Bloody hell how intuitive are Marbecca fans?!

I feel like making a "perfect fans for the perfect couple" joke :totlach:

BeitragVerfasst: 24.10.2012, 14:51 

UKFan hat geschrieben:
And fans used this song for Marbecca as early as... before they started airing :lol:
Bloody hell how intuitive are Marbecca fans?! :D

I have this fantasy about Tatjana's audition to play Rebecca and the producers talking to Melanie about a "new direction" her character will be taking.....

In this fantasy Tatjana is in a Das Erte office being given Rebecca's background and history and then she is shown a picture of "Marlene" and told, this will be Rebecca's next love. Next door, Melanie is being shown Tatjana's headshot and is being told, this is the new "Rebecca." They are asked -- "Are you interested?"

Both Melanie & Tatjana reply: "Oh Hell Yeah!" :will: :hüpf:

RE: Tristan. Damn that actor for making me feel sorry for Tristan. :wink: He really is quite good at being a sympathetic asshat! But it's much better this way. A purely evil Tristan would be boring and it would make no sense for Rebecca or Marlene to be considerate of his feelings. But since he shows true remorse and I do believe he loved Marlene, it just keeps the level of angst and drama HIGH.

Zuletzt geändert von dink am 24.10.2012, 15:19, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 24.10.2012, 15:06 

I do like him, but I sometimes kinda see him like a bit of a love addict. Like, you could give him a cat or a rabbit and he would love it as obsessively. It's kinda like a guy coming in crying "OMG, they stole ONE MILLION DOLLARS from me!" and you go "OMG!!" and then you find out that he's actually a multi billionaire who wipes his arse with one million :wink:

That's why I tend to take his speeches about how much he loved Marlene with a grain of salt :wink: Like, I don't doubt it feels real to him, but I'm pretty sure he'll be saying exactly the same thing about the next woman who comes along and that he'll be just as attentive. And once that goes down the drain because he again smothers her with too much attention then he'll be saying the same things about the woman after that. And then the cycle repeats ad infinitum :mrred:

So my sympathy for him is less "Awww, I'm so sorry you lost Marlene" it's more "That love addiction thing? Yeah you should get that checked out. I'm sure you'll be happier person for it down the line :mrred: ".

BeitragVerfasst: 24.10.2012, 15:18 

So my sympathy for him is less "Awww, I'm so sorry you lost Marlene" it's more "That love addiction thing? Yeah you should get that checked out. I'm sure you'll be happier person for it down the line :mrred: ".

:lol: You DO have a point! :lol: BUT -- it is also true that Marlene cheated on him, both emotionally and physically, lied to him, REPEATEDLY and professed her love for him CONSTANTLY and he forgave her each and every time! Perhaps that was a symptom of the "love addition thing" but Marlene didn't deserve as many second chances as she got from Tristan!

I think the writers are doing a nice job of giving Tristan a mix of
1) Righteous Anger and
2) Being 1 Double Vodka away from committing unspeakable violence.

BeitragVerfasst: 31.10.2012, 20:12 

I have to agree with the post that Tristan is one double vodka away from violence. The actor who plays him is doing a great job because after every episode he is in I am like, "Tristan is going cray cray (slang for crazy)."

What I don't get is that it seems like Rebecca and Marlene sleeping together is an open secret. She comes and goes at random, and Tristan is still like I am going to keep them apart. I only watch the clips but has Marlene gotten her own place? Has Marlene ever lived in her own place? I just don't believe this down low aspect of Rebecca/Marlene because no one knocks on doors and just barges in, so how could they hide anything. Besides after making out at the copier, everybody at LGL knows they are a couple. I had to laugh at yesterdays episode when they were holding hands and then pulled away when someone came. I mean they were making out at a copier two days ago!

Still like the storyline. I am just nervous Tristan is going to snap, kidnap Marlene, and bury her alive. But maybe that is only something they would do on an American soap.

In a total random comment. As someone in an area that just got hit by Hurricane Sandy, I was so happy I did not lose power or internet so I could keep up this week. That is how much I enjoy this show.

BeitragVerfasst: 31.10.2012, 20:31 

In the previous episode Helena told Tristan that his actions are not going to break Marbecca up, it's just going to make them meet in secret and he said "that's a start". I think he's just spiteful and wants to make things more annoying for them even if it doesn't actually accomplish anything.

As a soap VL has a limited number of sets that's why everybody always rooms with each other. When Marlene doesn't live at the castle then she lives with her parents.

The show basically has only four central living hubs:

The castle: populated by Ludwig, Elisabeth, Angar, Tanja, Sebastian, their child Emma, Hagen, (sometimes Dana), Tristan, Helena, Rebecca, (formerly Marlene)

The flat of the wolf family: populated by Thomas, Viktoria, Kim, Emilio (sometimes Marlene)

The flatshare: populated by Christian, Olli, Charlie, Bella, Andi, Jessica, (sometimes Dana), (formerly Daniel), (formerly Arno)

The flat of Clarissa von Anstetten at LCL: populated by Clarissa, Timo, Leonie and Ricardo

BeitragVerfasst: 31.10.2012, 21:39 

newby1 hat geschrieben:
In a total random comment. As someone in an area that just got hit by Hurricane Sandy, I was so happy I did not lose power or internet so I could keep up this week. That is how much I enjoy this show.
ah, good to hear!
it must have been really traumatic and devastating for the people in some parts. Some online friends of mine were affected too, but also not in the center of it - friends of them though ...

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2012, 02:52 

Ah the last episode was jokes, totally loved it! A few things I enjoyed. Marlene comforting Rebecca at LCL (too sweet), Marlene's Dad making her jump at No Limits (too funny), Marlene trying to deny it wasn't Rebecca she was speaking to (so cute!), and lastly Rebecca trying to put on Marlene's top without any great success (seriously Rebecca, back to front?) :razz:

I must admit other than Friday's episode last week's episodes were a little too much for me to enjoy. Dare I say it, I found myself getting bored during 'em. And I think today was the first time I didn't watch an episode on the day. A couple of things need to happen, Tristan needs to find out quick time and there has to be a new storyline for our girls - something/anything needs to happen.

BeitragVerfasst: 15.11.2012, 04:00 

Guys, so I'm guessing Rebecca told Tristan she's with Marlene at the end? I would ask on YT but the comments about Rebecca's dress are annoying me. It's like get the frick over it already, it's only a dress of a fictional character on a bloody soap!

BeitragVerfasst: 15.11.2012, 06:51 

Yes, her last words to him in the episode are that Marlene and her are together. I felt like sending her a thank you letter for sparing us having us to sit for 50 million identical scenes where Rebecca almost tells him the truth or Tristan whines to her about his life and she looks uncomfortable.

BeitragVerfasst: 15.11.2012, 15:09 

Yes, her last words to him in the episode are that Marlene and her are together. I felt like sending her a thank you letter for sparing us having us to sit for 50 million identical scenes where Rebecca almost tells him the truth or Tristan whines to her about his life and she looks uncomfortable.

I so agree with you LolaRuns,

I wouldn't mind sending her a thank you note either, though it might get lengthy with all the compliments that I might want to add with it :type:

I mean, I really love how well Tatjana plays the role of Rebecca, and I love how well the writers have written her part of being unable to tell the truth, but, finding it nearly impossible to hide it as well..

And, I don't really like that Tristan, once he starts, he cannot stop, and he doesn't even realize that Rebecca had come to tell him something, not to listen to him, just like Marlene had tried to tell him, just on the night before the wedding.

And I really like how strong willed and truthful Rebecca's character is..

BeitragVerfasst: 16.11.2012, 04:27 

Woah, the scene where Marlene walked out of Rebecca's bedroom only to find Rebecca standing there with Tristan was intense. My heart sunk! Yes, I'm a light weight. :oops: Tristan is so clearly putting on a front, I don't see why Marlene and Rebecca can't see it, he's the biggest nut job out. And I knew the doubters were wrong that said Marlene/Rebecca getting it on in the clipping was down to Tristan's imagination. Tut-tut, those o ye of little faith. :razz:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 246 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC