Aktuelle Zeit: 28.04.2024, 13:43

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 111 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Questions & Answers
BeitragVerfasst: 25.04.2012, 04:23 

Have any questions, any confusions? Like who is related to whom, how does the board work, what's the backstory, who is this Jasmin person, who is this Carla person, etc...

Just ask here and we'll try to answer.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 25.04.2012, 04:23 

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Questions & Answers
BeitragVerfasst: 04.05.2012, 04:55 

Hallo, habe ich eine Frage. How do you know what is going to happen with Rebecca and Marlene so far in advance? Does VL release spoilers and pics a couple of months ahead of time? I am very greatful to everyone who provides the uploads and translations! I wouldn't be able to see the show and this story line in particular otherwise. Plus, I am not fluent in German. I can understand part of the dialogue but it has been a long time since I studied it in school. So, thank you very much! :danke:

BeitragVerfasst: 04.05.2012, 05:19 

Yes, the channel VL airs on releases a lot of information in advance.
On their very own website for example they upload the episode descriptions including ones from the future. For example the newest episode decription available on the official website is the episode of June 7th.

An episode description usually consists of 3 paragraphs and 4-10 pictures. I believe they also release these pictures and descriptions for various magazines that might want to print them in their tv schedule section. Usually roughly one written description set and one picture set comes out each week but sometimes the pictures are ahead of the written descriptions or the other way around.

There are also other sources of information, for example sometimes the actors post pictures from shooting on their facebook pages, particularly when they are shooting in an unusal location (that's how we knew of the time Marlene and Rebecca were doing their photoshooting at the pool where Rebecca fell in love) or if they are shooting a very special event or with a special guest star they invite the press people to do an article (that's how we know much ahead that Marlene and Rebecca would both be at the wedding of Dana's sister without Tristan, because there was press coverage because the lady who played the justice of the peace was a special guest star).

In addition that there there are the following things:
- At the end of the episode there is a teaser for the next episode that gets uploaded on the official website
- Sometimes the teaser that airs on tv is cut differently and has different scenes
- There is a website called einslive which uploads a so called sneak peak with usually 3-4 scenes from the actual next episode every weekday in Germany at midnight
- On the official website there is a video feature called "Clipping" which gives a short preview of the next week that is presented kinda like a news programm. It comes out the last day VL airs each week, so usually Friday (but I think it has come out on Thursday before when Friday was a holiday)

So yes, if one wants to, one can be spoiled rotten on VL :wink:

Welcome to the board, glad to hear that you're enjoying the translations. What is your original language?

BeitragVerfasst: 05.05.2012, 07:01 

Thank you for your quick response to my question as well as all the detail you provided. :spitze: English is my original language. However, I studied Spanish and German in school. More people in the States speak Spanish as a second language so it is easier for me to find people to converse with in it than in German. I was surprised to read on a different site that the Marlene & Rebecca storyline is not very popular with the VL fans. Is it because it is relatively new considering it has only been building for a couple of months? I am glad it seems that it will last longer than Rebecca's time with Miriam. I think the actresses and VL are doing a good job of trying to portray the characters development in a realistic fashion compared with American shows.

Do the actresses know that people outside of Germany follow their story?

BeitragVerfasst: 05.05.2012, 08:38 

There's definitely hoping that it will be that way, it lasting longer than Miriam. I think the fact that both Rebecca and Marlene are main characters (while Miriam was only supporting cast) at least fullfills a prerequisite for it potentially lasting longer.

As to why it's not as popular as Miriam and Rebecca were for now, I tihnk there are a bunch of factors at play:
- A lot of the people who watched Miriam and Rebecca and are only tuning back in now are confused by the recast/don't like recasts in general.
- Miriam and Rebecca were pretty popular with guys and imo the new Rebecca has a very different look that might not be as inherently appealing to guys as Jasmin's dreamgirl/sexiest woman of German soaps looks were or even the way "Carla's" classical looks were.
- On VL there is always the uneasy feeling that you can only have either have a big gay story or a big lesbian story, but not both, so fans of the gay storylines might be skeptical.
- People who don't like Marlene, think Marlene gets too much screentime or too much storylines, are skeptical of her with a woman or who feel protective of Tristan and for example worry that Marbecca means that he'll be written off at the end of it or not get a new romance or he'll turn into a villain over it.
- People who like f/f stories but don't like triangles/don't like a guy being involved.
- Rebecca the character has kind of had a "bad reputation" with some fanbases back from her time before Miriam because of how she pined for various other characters back then.

I have read some nice comment too though even from people who aren't even traditionally into f/f storylines. So I hope that they'll win people over particularly with the acting. I'm curious how things will be once the Marlene side of things gets explored more and how she'll portray it.

I seem to remember that people were skeptical of the big gay couple, Christian and Olli too before it really became mutual. Miribecca was another weird one where imo it was an instant hit on youtube and with the international fans but there were a lot of naysayers and skeptics on a lot of the German places (for example people saying it was just about sex appeal). I don't think that the audience reaction had anything to do with the way Miribecca ended (and again, I really do think that the reaction to Miribecca was very positive in Germany too, based on press attention and stuff like that and from casual fans, just that a lot of the official boards were distrustful of the writers). I fear for whatever reason Miriam/Rebecca was always intended as just a short story and their end was already written and shot by the time the first episodes hadn't even aired :heul: Sadly VL very rarely changes their original plans and the few times when they did or were forced to do, it tends to look forced because of the really long turnaround time between writing and airing.

Zitat:
Do the actresses know that people outside of Germany follow their story?

I think it is known that some international fans follow the show and that there were a lot of international fans particularly for Miriam/Rebecca and Christian/Olli. I don't know whether Tatjana and Melanie know in particularly, but it's probably likely. MelanieKogler (Marlene) has an official facebook fansite btw. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1178216647 Provided you're polite you're free to tell her. Since it is a facebook for her fan interaction, not her private, private one, she's usually pretty generous about friending people back.

You can also send letters (since Tatjana doesn't have a facebook or official website) at:

Pressebüro "Verbotene Liebe"
z.Hd. [Name of Person You Want here]
COLONEUM
Studios 37/38
Butzweiler Str. 255
50829 Köln

(respectively Cologne, Germany, Europe instead of "Köln" if you are unsure)

Please note that if you want to receive signed autographs you have to include an envelope with your address and the postage already on it.

BeitragVerfasst: 09.06.2012, 06:49 

Does anyone know if the 2012 Olympics coverage on TV will impact the airing of VL episodes? It seems we have had a few days recently where the show has not aired because of a holiday or another program. I was wondering if it would be postponed for a few weeks during the events.

BeitragVerfasst: 09.06.2012, 09:39 

it surely is posponed because of the football EM. No clue how much the show will be affected by the olympics.
the weeks in July however are fully broadcasted till now (1st-20th July) according to the spoilers :)

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 09.06.2012, 15:42 

What time does the work day usually end for most people in Germany? For example, the majority of people work 8 am - 5 pm in the States. The reason I am asking is because of the time VL airs on TV. If we had a show at 5:50 pm air, quite a few people would not be able to watch it then. They would have to record it and watch it later or watch it online.

BeitragVerfasst: 09.06.2012, 16:10 

mimi7164 hat geschrieben:
What time does the work day usually end for most people in Germany? For example, the majority of people work 8 am - 5 pm in the States. The reason I am asking is because of the time VL airs on TV. If we had a show at 5:50 pm air, quite a few people would not be able to watch it then. They would have to record it and watch it later or watch it online.
it's the same here.

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 26.06.2012, 18:10 

Hi, I have a few questions...

1) did the actress who played sonja jäger leave VL for good? or is she just away for the time being? i mean the one who shares Garderobe with tatjana.. i ask because i started watching rebecca clips before the whole thing with marlene happened, and it seemed like there could have been something between sonja and rebecca... then i was reading some posts in forums where people speculating maybe she might be a love interest for rebecca (this was long long time ago though.).

2) i also read (maybe in this forum?) that VL wanted to have a new lesbian storyline -- is this the main reason they brought back rebecca? and do you think they chose marlene to be the love interest for rebecca before they brought the character back?

3) does anyone have back story to how tatjana got casted in this role? just curious.. it doesn't seem like she did a lot of TV work before this... or?

Thanks a lot ,

BeitragVerfasst: 26.06.2012, 18:20 

1.) Yes it seems like she's gone for good. Speculation mainly existed because the character once did a lesbian kiss with yet another character (Rebecca's model Jessica) and mentioned that he had stuff with women before/was bisexual. And you know, on a soap you kinda assume that if somebody mentions their sexuality to be fluid that something will come out of it, but it was not so.

2.) Nobody knows for sure. I'm one who thinks that it might be possible, that they wanted that for a while but Jasmin leaving maybe threw a wrench in their plans? There was this thing where Jasmin's Rebecca drew her fortune together with a bunch of characters and her fate card was the bride and it was pretty obvious that the bride in her life ended up being Marlene who roped Rebecca in to sew her wedding dress. (on the other hand, I tend to not believe that the VL TPTB are capable of any sort of longterm planning for anyone, so that kinda goes against my own theory ;) I do think that the writers were never serious about Tristan and Marlene as a couple simply because they were never told in a very romantic way (like dreaming about each other, both sides being nervous, music montages, both sides having a magic moment, just kinda the typical ways VL usually communicates love, it always seemed more of a side story to Marlene dealing with Dana).

There was also a pretty obvious hint imo maybe 1-2 months before Rebecca actually showed up where Marlene declared to Tristan that she would fall in love with him if she fell in love with a *man* again in a scene that felt super awkward and strangely worded in German.

3.) Haven't really heard anything. I think was just normal agency stuff. I read that played one part of a lesbian couple on stage once, maybe that contributed to her getting picked?

BeitragVerfasst: 26.06.2012, 18:39 

LolaRuns hat geschrieben:

There was also a pretty obvious hint imo maybe 1-2 months before Rebecca actually showed up where Marlene declared to Tristan that she would fall in love with him if she fell in love with a *man* again in a scene that felt super awkward and strangely worded in German.

Thanks a lot LolaRennt for such a quick and informative reply :) :) as for the bolded part.. haha.. do you by any chance remember how it went in german?

p.s. does either mittag or novemberstern post here? if so, i just want to say thanks x10000000 for maintaining their channels!!!

BeitragVerfasst: 26.06.2012, 19:00 

It wasn't that bad (no don't remember the exatc wording) just something really odd to say in a situation which one would assume should be really romantic (Tristan hat just overheard that Marlene told her dad that she had not romantic interest in Tristan and wanted to break off the relationship for anything other than business, Marlene then went to Tanja to complain ("Should I lie to him or what?"), Tanja told her that Tristan had made her a star and did tons of other things for her Marlene would be missing out/asking herself what if, if he was just gone one day, so Marlene went to him and basically told him in essence she wasn't in love with him now but she would fall in love with him if she fell for a man again (whut?)). LOL.

It just felt like a typical VL "hint" of things to come because of the weird and convoluted way it was done.

BeitragVerfasst: 26.06.2012, 20:14 

Lol. That sure sounds like.. die große Liebe (TriMar). Thanks Again !

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 111 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC