Aktuelle Zeit: 30.04.2024, 10:45

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 111 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Questions & Answers
BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2012, 18:43 

i love when you tell VL back stories, it's so informative. thanks so much.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 21.07.2012, 18:43 

BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2012, 22:54 

LolaRuns hat geschrieben:
Marlene and Tristan and Rebecca's brother Hagen met off screen, based on stories when she was singing somewhere and he was smitten. They came to town even though Hagen was estranged from his family because his father needed a bone marrow transplant. During the influence of narcotics he proposed to Marlene. Marlene was over the moon and invited her sister Dana to meet her fiancee. On the way there Dana's car broke down or something and she got her leg stuck in a wolf trap. They quarrelled because she mistook him from an animal thief, but then he saved her from the trap and she fell for him on the first sight. He took her to the castle where she realized that he was Marlene's guy.

Around the same time Marlene and Hagen asked Rebecca to sew Marlene's wedding dress and Tristan to be Marlene's manager. Dana did all the traditional soapy things like trying to get Hagen out of her head and yelling at him a lot while falling more and more deeply in love with him every day. Marlene and Hagen fought occasionally like about Marlene pushing Hagen to agree to take the lead of the company from his grateful father while his father was recuperating when Hagen had no interest in that. Hagen then took over the stables instead and Dana became a horse trainer there. Dana around that time started casually dating Tristan which was enthusiastically supported by Marlene. Tristan eventually confessed his love to Dana, which made Dana freak out. Tristan guessed that the guy she was still secretly in love with was Hagen and broke up with her, but in a friends manner. Marlene and Hagen got married. There were various stories around that time about Marlene being insecure and Tristan as her manager pushing her into things she didn't really want to do, like paying radio stations to get her song played or pushing her to do musical again when she wanted a pop/jazz singer career or pushing her into some seriously weird advertisting stunts.

Dana decided she needed to get things off her chest to get Hagen out of her mind and told Hagen that she was in love with him. This in turn made Hagen freak out, to know that Dana loved him and made him realize that he was in love with her too. There were various "push and pull" episodes around that time in the Marlene and Hagen marriage like positive stuff like Marlene helping Hagen to get some sort of license for his stables by talking up the guy who gave out the licenses, Hagen protecting Marlene from Tristan giving her unnecessary drugs when she lost her voice, Hagen and Marlene both being pissed at Tristan when Tristan leaked a made up affair to the press to get people interested in Marlene again, but also bad stuff like Hagen and Marlene fighting over Hagen wanting kids and Marlene wanting to focus on her career first, Marlene giving out private details and private pictures of Hagen and her to the press and Marlene dragging him to public events to show off their marriage when Hagen didn't want that.

Hagen and Dana spontaneously slept together around that time, from what I remember because their star horse had run a perfect time. Marlene walked in on a dishelved Dana after the fact and through stuff like this Tristan found out that Hagen and Dana had slept together and agreed to be their cover story. Dana pushed Hagen to go back to Marlene, Hagen tried to fix his marriage with Marlene including a romantic getaway but eventually he couldn't take how he always reacted to Dana when he saw her and confessed to Marlene that he had cheated on her and that he was divorcing her. Marlene broke down completely and went into denial. She wanted Hagen back at all costs. There was a lot of push and pull because Tristan felt she was endangering the musical, he was even ready to call off the premiere because Marlene was in no condition to sing, but when she then sang after all and was successfull he fell in love with her (now that she was sort of free/available again from a Hagen POV). Marlene meanwhile was still determined to 1.) find out who the other woman was that Hagen was still crazy about to punihsh her and to 2.) win Hagen back. Dana meanwhile insisted to Hagen that Marlene must never find out because she didn't want to ruin their sister relationship. Eventually Dana broke down and told Marlene the truth. Marlene completely broke down, Dana begged Marlene to metaphorically "take her back" and that she had no plans of ever really being with Hagen anyway, Marlene was pissed still and hated Dana for it and was still determined to get Hagen back. One night she and Dana had a big fight and she spontaneously slept with Tristan. The morning after Tristan declared his love for Marlene and Marlene told him she would rather stay friends, she cared about him a lot as a friend but she couldn't wrap her mind around falling in love with anybody right now. She then slept with Tristan again after being jealous about Dagen and was distraught when Hagen wasn't jealous of her having somebody new like she had hoped for. She ended the sex with Tristan and instead at the advice of her friend Tanja faked being pregnant by Hagen in the hope that he would come back to her. She was crushed when she realized that Hagen was indeed super happy about the baby, but still intended to divorce her and just be an affectionate divorce dad. Tristan realized around this time that the pregnancy was just a lie to get Hagen back, he was superpissed and forced Marlene to confess all to Dana and Hagen and lie to the public that she had had a miscarriage. Marlene around that time had a breakdown when she was chased by paparazzi and nearly run over by a car. She agreed to take a time out to see her grandmother.

She came back and apologized to her family about the baby lie. Around this time Tristan's best friend from college came to town and Tristan told him that Marlene was off limits because Tristan was interested in her. During a time where all of them hung out with Dana and Hagen (who were a couple by then) Marlene got into a huge fight with Dana and Hagen and got pissed at Tristan for not supporting her, so she went off with Alexander to sleep with him (Tristan slept with a one off girl instead). During the foreplay Marlene had second thoughts because of Tristan and called stop, but Alexander ignored her and raped her. Dana sensed that Marlene was in pain and found the injured Marlene. She guessed what had happened and supported her. They also let Marlene's parents in on the secret and eventually even Hagen. Marlene was determined not to have anybody find out because she had chickened out on going to the doctor after the rape and thought nobody would believe her without proof/she just wanted to go on with her life. Meanwhile Tristan was pissed because he thought, encouraged by Alexander, that Marlene and Alexander had casually slept together and threatened to fire Marlene when Marlene didn't want to do sexy photoshoots or ran out on a recording session because Alexander was stalking her. A few weeks in he showed up at the Wolf house to deliver Marlene's firing where it broke out of Dana and she yelled at him that Marlene had been raped. Tristan was furious and tried to stab Alexander to death and then choke him during a supposed training fencing duell (fencing was sort of Tristan and Alexander's thing). Alexander had him arrested, but because Tristan knew that Marlene didn't want anybody to know about the rape he claimed in front of the police that he had attacked Alexander for a more casual reason which put him in danger of receiving a much harsher sentence. Meanwhile Tristan's other brother, Sebastian the lawyer had figured out what was really behind it all and forced Marlene to finally register her rape with the police or else he would do it. Tristan was released from jail due to excusing circumstances and once again declared his love for Marlene and once again received the same "not now/I only need a friend" answer. Marlene's dad tried to fix up Marlene and Tristan and even though they had a fun time together, Tristan afterwards overheard Marlene say to her dad that there was nothing between her and Tristan and there wouldn't be in the future either. Tristan was hurt and told Marlene he wanted to break off all personal contact other than stuff about business and in regards to the rape. Marlene was unsure what to do and went to her friend Tanja where she expressed fear that it would be lying to Tristan to tell him she loved him, Tanja assured her that Tristan had done so much for her Marlene would regret it if she let him go and he went for somebody else. So Marlene went to Tristan and gave him a vague promise that she would love him eventually and Tristan was satisfied with that.

On continued the rape story for a while (including Tristan almost being exposed for trying to bribe a false witness and Marlene storming out of the trial room and being found by Dana). Eventually Alexander was sentenced (he broke down at the trial after a confrontation with Marlene, his story was that he had genuinely thought that it was consensual until Marlene made him realize that he had indeed raped her and that she wasn't just some crazy bitch out to ruin his reputation [that is how the writers skirted around Alexander being sentenced even though there was not a shred of evidence against him]). After the trial Marlene and Dana had another big fight and then made up and Marlene told Tristan that she was now ready to give the whole relationship thing a try. Of course Marlene freaked out when it came to the sex aspect and started seeing a therapist => that's where the backstory videos starts, Marlene find out that she was pregnant, Marlene befriending Rebecca and Marlene and Tristan fighting about Marlene's abortion.

It's kinda hard to cover the feel of the story though. For example I never got any genuine couple vibes from Trima because this covers about 1,5 years and for half a year Tristan genuinely showed now deeper interest in Marlene other than casual lust and trying to push manager stuff on her which she didn't like and Marlene showed no interest in him at all. During her marriage with Hagen she really was devoted to Hagen and never showed any interest in Tristan. Tristan only fell in love with Marlene after a friend of his (who he'd just made out with) told him he needed to be more emotional and spontaneous. During the rape story there again were loooooooooooooooooooong stretches of Marlene not showing any interest in Tristan and all the "money shots" from this storyline imo went to Marlene/Dana (like Dana cradling Marlene in her arms). (Tristan around that time had a secondary story as well about his other best friend Philipp being in a coma/Philipp's wife being distraught and not wanting to pull the plug [she's the one who told Tristan to be more spontaneous and then having to protect Helena from the wrath of the distraught wife] and he split his screentime between that and Marlene) I always thought that Marlene kinda "slid" into the relationship with Tristan post Hagen because he was just so persistent/insistent rather than really choosing him.

Woah. :shock: Even though I didn't ask the question I just had to read this. Tristan really is a nut job, eh? I just hope he doesn't go all schizo' like with Rebecca judging from the clip of episode 4114.

BeitragVerfasst: 22.07.2012, 04:15 

You're amazing LolaRuns! That backstory of Marlene and Tristan really covered everything I had questions about. And if it's possible - I like Marlene even more. And find Tristan even weirder than before. We only got a few flashbacks of M's rape in the 'sidestories', but I can imagine that Melanie K did an amazing job. Has she always been this nuanced in her acting or is it just the awesome Marbecca chemistry that brings it out?

BeitragVerfasst: 22.07.2012, 06:06 

Zitat:
Woah. :shock: Even though I didn't ask the question I just had to read this. Tristan really is a nut job, eh? I just hope he doesn't go all schizo' like with Rebecca judging from the clip of episode 4114.

Tristan is pretty insane and was so openly during the story with Helena. But I actually wasn't counting on it being an issue here because he has been on "good behavior" for a while now. So I was rather surprised that they talked about it like that in that preview video. For example, he flipped rather similarly with Alexander (the same stuff about leading Alexander to believe it was just training lesson but going there with ulterior motives and a sharp weapon) but the show never really made it an issue of sanity and instead portrayed it as something that was kinda understandable considering the circumstances and nobody even made a huge deal out of it (again the focus of the story was much more on Marlene and her family). There was like one short scene where Tristan's dad suggested he should just get out of it by pretending that he was being mental again and Tristan refused and that was it.

Zitat:
Has she always been this nuanced in her acting or is it just the awesome Marbecca chemistry that brings it out?

Phew your mileage may vary. I would say she probably was a bit more stilted during her very early days, but she always was pretty likable. And she received a lot of praise from the fans for her acting in the rape story and for her often humorous friendship scenes with Tanja. From what I remember I found her pretty annoying when she was chasing after Hagen and so did most people but it was more a character judgement than an acting judging (it's annoying that Marlene is chasing after a guy who doesn't even want her) though I think that there are actresses who can make you feel and cry along even when the character is doing something you find stupid/don't agree with at all => on the other hand the story was definitely about the love story of Hagen and Dana so it is questionable how likable Marlene was really supposed to be, after all the show still wanted us to root for Hagen and Dana being happy together.

She sometimes seemed a bit icy or a bit too fakey-fakey smile (especially when flirting with guys) to me but that could have been how *Marlene* is supposed to be. I have read many people saying about her that they found her a lot more warm and natural in her scenes with Tanja and especially with her family and more stilted outside of that => but again, that might be the character, the "true" Marlene with her family and the diva/trying to impress people Marlene outside. And maybe Marbecca is the story that just asks for a lot more complexity in feeling or that "marries"/connects those two aspects of her.

Here she is in some older videos (the focus here isn't necessarily on Marlene), also no subs:
Tristan and Dana's breakup, which features Tristan witnessing a Dana/Marlene fight and based on that guessing that Dana loves Hagen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1CyL5N8ufY&feature=plcp (note: Hagen was played by a different actor back then) (random: it always creeps me out how superhighlighted the Tristan/Helena picture is in the first scene)
Marlene has fired Tristan because he put a wrong affair rumor into the papers before telling her and Hagen, Tristan reacts rather nasty and basically tells her she would be a nobody without him and that her small town morals will ensure that she'll never be a star:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99HFQwcX4Cw&feature=plcp
Marlene loses her voice during an important presentation of the musical because of the stress with Hagen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwqVFqycl_4&feature=plcp
Hagen and Marlene romantic getaway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__-4fLHROjI
Marlene gives out private pictures of her and Hagen to the press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2se4nJEVOWE&feature=plcp
Marlene and Hagen try to recapture the beginnings of their relationship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3dcinh1INo

I also heartily recommend the Tanja/Marlene playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp
Particularly:
Marlene defends Tanja against a groper = begin of their friendship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrIC18y7 ... plpp_video
Marlene and Tanja get massages together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpEnjSHI ... plpp_video
Tanja finds a completely heartbroken (over Hagen/Dana) Marlene, dries her tears and Marlene kisses her on the cheek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsFIMrUV ... plpp_video
A phonecall from Tanja gives Marlene the strength to face the rape trial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-7UUNVP ... plpp_video

BeitragVerfasst: 23.07.2012, 04:37 

LolaRuns hat geschrieben:
She sometimes seemed a bit icy or a bit too fakey-fakey smile (especially when flirting with guys) to me but that could have been how *Marlene* is supposed to be.I have read many people saying about her that they found her a lot more warm and natural in her scenes with Tanja and especially with her family and more stilted outside of that => but again, that might be the character, the "true" Marlene with her family and the diva/trying to impress people Marlene outside. And maybe Marbecca is the story that just asks for a lot more complexity in feeling or that "marries"/connects those two aspects of her.

This. I love when Marlene is with her family -- e.g. that breakfast scene where papa makes eggs for her and when asked who is going to clean up she says Kim and then smiles.. love those little scenes like that where she seems so natural.

BeitragVerfasst: 25.07.2012, 14:26 

Hello! I am new to the board and have been enjoying all the news (and spoilers)! The Marlene & Rebecca has been so fun to watch. Thanks to all who provide YouTube clips and Subtitles!

I was wondering -- I have seen in several music videos a clip of Marlene and Rebecca slow-dancing together. It looks like they are in the castle and they are surrounded by candles. What episode did this happen in? Is it "real" or is it a dream one of them is having?

Thanks for your help!

BeitragVerfasst: 25.07.2012, 14:34 

It's a dream Rebecca had at the wedding reception of Marlene's sister.

This episode:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fue2keyAwEY[/youtube]

Welcome to the board! :huhu:

BeitragVerfasst: 25.07.2012, 14:39 
Administrator

Hello dink, welcome to our board! :D

Zitat:
I was wondering -- I have seen in several music videos a clip of Marlene and Rebecca slow-dancing together. It looks like they are in the castle and they are surrounded by candles. What episode did this happen in? Is it "real" or is it a dream one of them is having?

The dancing scene was at Dana's and Hagen's wedding party. Rebecca watched Marlene & Tristan dancing and imagined herself being on Tristan's place.
Take a look at part 8 again, it starts at 5:12 :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Px0UEH0ck[/youtube]
all rights reserved to grundy ufa

BeitragVerfasst: 25.07.2012, 14:48 

:danke: Ladies!

Don't know how I missed that! And, Thank you so much for providing the clip.

Sometimes it's difficult to keep track of what *REALLY* happened between those two and what each one of them *DREAMED/WISHED* happened! :wink: Mamma Mia!

BeitragVerfasst: 25.07.2012, 19:41 

Does anyone know what Tristan asks Marlene about Rebecca, and what her answer is, at about 0:28 of this preview? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q41yZ-X4yWY

BeitragVerfasst: 25.07.2012, 20:03 

formerlurker hat geschrieben:
Does anyone know what Tristan asks Marlene about Rebecca, and what her answer is, at about 0:28 of this preview? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q41yZ-X4yWY

He asks her if Rebecca knows that Marlene is into Rebecca, Marlene answers nothing, just looks away.

After that, Tristan asks Marlene what it is between them (Marlene&Rebecca) and what she (Marlene) wants from her (Rebecca). Marlene answers "Nothing" and that she choose him (Tristan) from the deepness of her heart.

L-Chat

Bild

BeitragVerfasst: 05.08.2012, 10:21 

New Question for the wise Lolaruns!

In the Rebecca and Marlene backstory, there is a fantastic scene between Marlene and her therapist in which Marlene wonders if she's with Tristan for security and respect. After which, there is another scene in which Marlene shares these doubts with Dana and wonders if she's using Tristan as a crutch. Following all this deliberation, Marlene sees Tanja at a party that same night and Tanja advises her to forget about the therapist and her doubts and do what makes her happy. And then in like the very next scene, Marlene is confessing her love for Tristan. :shock:

Am I seriously supposed to believe in Marlene and Tristan's love story with that kind of weird development? And right after Marlene confesses her love, M and T have the weirdest, smells-of-desperation kiss ever. Did something happen to precipitate this love confession from Marlene?

On a side note, I like how Marlene is really not into confessions. Even when she has to tell Tristan that she's pregnant, she doesn't actually say the words. He just guesses and she makes the same "Damn, I'm caught!" face that she does when he later guesses that she's in love with Rebecca. If nothing else, I like character consistency. Was she like this with Hagen too? I think all of this will really make Marlene's eventual declaration of love to Rebecca (if I survive the angst to see the day :happysmilie: ) that much more meaningful.

BeitragVerfasst: 05.08.2012, 10:47 

Zitat:
Did something happen to precipitate this love confession from Marlene?

Yes, her divorce to Hagen went final and she more or less forcibly made up with Dana. At least that was always my pet theory that Marlene's feelings were always very heavily tied into her feelings for Dana/Hagen (note how Marlene insists she absolutely must have sex with Tristan now right after Hagen and Dana announce their engagement).

It's kinda tied with how VL works and what their structure is. VL is kinda this soap/telenovela hybrid where there is usually 2 main love stories that are told with a lot of kitsch, where they really lay it on heavy (sensing each other psychically, dreaming of each other, music montages). => you have to understand that for VL Dana and Hagen's love story was a story like that initially. It was heavily promoted and Marlene's initial job was to be a foil/obstacle to them. Once that was over she was immediately thrust into the rape story.

Most people expected that a Marlene/Tristan love story would happen there, but IMO it never came to be. Marlene/Tristan were never really told in this style, it was kinda the side story to Marlene's rape which imo was 50% Marlene drama and 50% focus on how Marlene's family (siblings, parents, even Hagen) were dealing with it. Evil people like me would argued that to some extent maybe Marlene's rape was partly about Dana/Hagen as well, to give them a chance to redeem themselves and show that they weren't sucky people. So to me 98% of Tristan and Marlene's love story was Tristan pining over Marlene and Marlene's mind being everywhere else (Hagen, the rape, he pregnancy, the club, Rebecca).

If you think that those statements to the shrink are funny, there are a couple more that aren't in any clip. Like Marlene having this very similar "*whine* But do I *have to* to love him" - "Dudette, go for it because of all the nice things we did for you" conversation with Tanja or Marlene promising Tristan she didn't love him but would love him eventually should she ever fall in love with a guy again. Or Marlene's dad setting up a date for Tristan and Marlene and Marlene flat out telling him that there isn't anything romantic between her and Tristan and nor will there be anything in the future.

Zitat:
. Even when she has to tell Tristan that she's pregnant, she doesn't actually say the words

True dat. In German we call that "aus der Nase ziehen", the truth always has to be pulled from her nose by somebody else.

Zitat:
Was she like this with Hagen too?

Hmmm.... good question. She didn't really have that many secrets with him so it wasn't that much of an issue.

There was this one story where Hagen and Marlene talked about kids and Hagen mistakenly assumed that Marlene was ok with having kids now (when she meant "somewhere in the future") and then got mad when she told that to the press (that she would focus on her career for now and kids weren't on her radar yet). They had a huge fight and because of that Marlene wanted to stop taking the pill but Tristan I think told her that her career was done if she got pregnant and she dug the pill out of the trash and started taking it again without talking about either thing (either stopping or starting again) with Hagen.

Then of course there was the stuff with the faked pregnancy but again here was the focus on Tristan again and how he again guessed the truth because she wouldn't confess and then essentially told Dana/Hagen because Marlene was again skirting the confession.

I think Marlene/Hagen was different because it was a combo between Marlene not having so many secrets and Hagen not being that much of a digger. I kinda feel like Marlene was maybe a bit more idealistic in some ways in regards to love with Hagen back then, but she was also a lot more openly demanding. => I think they just had a very different rapport than Marlene and Tristan because Tristan essentially always gives Marlene everything she wants but with Hagen there was a lot more Marlene wanting stuff Hagen didn't want and them both trying to stand their ground. (there was also a lot more stuff with Marlene eventually relenting or taking Hagen's side while pretty much most of Tristan/Marlene ends with Marlene doing or getting what she wants and him relenting)

One thing that was similar though was the needyness, like Marlene having a borderline break down because she was convinced she wouldn't be able to sing if Hagen didn't support her etc. In short, I wish Marlene would actually listen to Rebecca when Rebecca says those things about Marlene being a strong person/being much stronger than she might think. AKA if Marbecca ever get together I hope that Rebecca doesn't just take over Tristan's role just like Tristan took over Hagen's role in being the object of Marlene's neediness.

Zitat:
M and T have the weirdest, smells-of-desperation kiss ever. Did something happen to precipitate this love confession from Marlene?

My favorite part is how Tristan's reply to her ILY is "Are you sure?". :totlach:

BeitragVerfasst: 06.08.2012, 20:26 

I love your answers lolaruns! You made a really interesting point about Marlene's neediness. Her talk with the therapist really underlined how much Marlene likes to cling to the status quo. Just like you, I wonder how her relationship will work out with Rebecca, because Rebecca (much like Tristan) certainly likes to give Marlene everything too (really, who wouldn't?).

From the beginning, my eyebrows were raised at how much Marlene depends on Tristan - her music career, their No Limits business, and the Lily Rose production. How are they ever going to extricate themselves enough to give the Marbecca relationship a chance to flourish?

Zitat:
In German we call that "aus der Nase ziehen", the truth always has to be pulled from her nose by somebody else.
You should have seen my face trying to pronounce that German phrase out loud. :D One day! In the meantime, your words made me wonder how Marlene will declare her relationship with Rebecca (that is if September ever freakin gets here) to everyone else - or maybe she won't and just have them figure it out by the lustful looks she gives to her girlfriend (like Papa and Mama Wolf did).

Since you've watched Marlene's relationship with all the siblings, what would you consider unique about Marlene's relationship with Rebecca (besides the obvious mad chemistry)?

Zitat:
It's kinda tied with how VL works and what their structure is. VL is kinda this soap/telenovela hybrid where there is usually 2 main love stories that are told with a lot of kitsch, where they really lay it on heavy (sensing each other psychically, dreaming of each other, music montages).
So, am I right to assume that VL has really gone out of its way to depict the Marlene-Rebecca forbidden love? They certainly have musical montages and dream sequences. So cheesy, but so fun.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 111 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC