Aktuelle Zeit: 01.05.2024, 03:25

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 73 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 06.05.2012, 06:57 

I don't think that that's an actress thing though. For whatever reason, the writers decided to change Rebecca and she's playing it as planned. For example this is what Tatjana looked like before she tool the role in VL and they asked her specifically to cut her hair for a more tomboyish cut.

Bild Bild BildBild Bild

I'm guessing they probably also went with a more mature looking actress intentionally so she could work in a triangle with Marlene. (in her family Marlene is the oldest, then Dana, then Kim; when Rebecca was best friends with Kim, now she's trying to get with Marlene :mrgreen: )

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 06.05.2012, 06:57 

BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2012, 15:10 

I follow the series since I love the lesbians and gay characters .. but I had difficulties with the german language and fell back in love with the stories now tha I can read the dialoge in english.Thanks for that.
love the story of M and B great characters and hope the will get together

BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2012, 15:22 

First welcome.

Second, zmg, I didn't realize that they changed Tatjana's pictures at her agency site. When I linked the pictures originally they were still the long haired ones. She looks HOT.

BeitragVerfasst: 16.05.2012, 17:04 

Hot pictures Lola, thank you very much!!! She looks really, really hot!! :liebe2: :liebe2: :herzschlag: I like her more with short hair than with long hair!!

I got sunshine on a ''Claudi'' day. <3

BeitragVerfasst: 20.05.2012, 19:12 

Just introducing myself...

Enjoying the Marlene and Rebecca storyline and hooked to Mittag1234's youtube channel where I watch the clips. First watched Verbotene Liebe when I spent some time in Germany in the late 90's and I wish there was something similar in the UK!

I heard that Rebecca was back a few months ago on AfterEllen, then later stumbled on the MarBecca storyline on YouTube.

I've previously watched the various Carla relationships as well as Miriam and Rebecca

Favourite couple by some distance is/was Jemma, but also like PepSi and Chrisabel.

I prefer Rebecca, though Marlene is growing on me. When Marlene does subtle she is much more compelling. Found the old Rebecca a bit annoying but then I didn't follow all her storylines.

BeitragVerfasst: 20.05.2012, 20:28 

Hi custardtart!
Welcome!
I with you on your favourite couple choice :) and prefering Rebecca over Marlene. Although if Marlene will get more authentic with Rebecca for which I see signs in the storyline + acting, my choice might change and I have two favourite in his couple :)

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 22.05.2012, 00:04 

How do you like Marlene and Rebecca
I like a lot. :mrred: I find their relationship very sweet.

How did you find them
By accident on YouTube. I was watching Lip Service when I came across a video of theirs, even though I couldn't understand most of it (wish I now paid more attention in German class at school), I was immediately hooked.

Were you a fan of any other of Verbotene Liebe's lesbian couples
No, am embarrassed to say this was the first time I've ever heard of Verbotene Liebe, I even had to Google it to see what it meant. :oops:

Are there any other lesbian couples you like
Well there are a few... Callie & Arizona (Grey's Anatomy), Frankie & Cat (Lip Service), Naomi & Emily (Skins) ...I think that's it.

Do you prefer Marlene or Rebecca
Marlene. Even though I may be the only one here. :shock: It must be because I've only started watching Verbotene Liebe so I never knew anything about her or Rebecca's characters before this storyline. I don't know, I just love her vulnerability and how cute she acts.

Zuletzt geändert von UKFan am 31.05.2012, 01:08, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 22.05.2012, 07:14 

Heh, if you like the Forbidden Love style, you sure still have a lot to still discover. This is like the sixth larger lesbian story on VL :mrred:

I'm wondering, do any of you UK guys follow Holyoakes?

I'm really glad to see some Marlene love. Yes, she'll probably cause Rebecca quite a bit of heartache, but she's a pretty complex character and I think she has always been pretty complicated, not just now that she's encountering a girl love. I find her reactions quite fascinating. Like, it's like she's got it in her head that she could never have happily ever after with a woman and is extremely freaked out about cheating on Tristan, but... anybody else sometimes feel like other than that she seems to take her attraction to a woman rather well? It's more like everything around it is bothering her. But maybe that's just a feeling.

BeitragVerfasst: 23.05.2012, 00:11 

LolaRuns hat geschrieben:
Heh, if you like the Forbidden Love style, you sure still have a lot to still discover. This is like the sixth larger lesbian story on VL :mrred:

Blimey, and here's me thinking our English soaps loved their gay/lesbian storylines. :lol: Actually if anyone watches any English soaps which soap of ours would you compare Verbotene Liebe with?

I'm wondering, do any of you UK guys follow Holyoakes?

Yep, I follow Hollyoaks. I liked the Texas/Jodie storyline until they decided to scrap it and make Texas get with Dodger instead. The Tilly/Jenn storyline isn't bad either but Tilly's character annoys be a tad that being said I like Jenn's character, still would've preferred if they carried on with Texas/Jodie rather than Tilly/Jenn, mind. Remember Sarah/Zoe/Lydia? That storyline was a bit too cray for my liking.

I'm really glad to see some Marlene love. Yes, she'll probably cause Rebecca quite a bit of heartache, but she's a pretty complex character and I think she has always been pretty complicated, not just now that she's encountering a girl love. I find her reactions quite fascinating. Like, it's like she's got it in her head that she could never have happily ever after with a woman and is extremely freaked out about cheating on Tristan, but... anybody else sometimes feel like other than that she seems to take her attraction to a woman rather well? It's more like everything around it is bothering her. But maybe that's just a feeling.

From what I've seen of Marlene (keep in mind it's not a lot), I have to agree. She's scared of what she feels towards Rebecca and what everyone else might feel towards her if it ever came out she "likes" a girl.

BeitragVerfasst: 23.05.2012, 04:17 

Zitat:
Blimey, and here's me thinking our English soaps loved their gay/lesbian storylines. :lol: Actually if anyone watches any English soaps which soap of ours would you compare Verbotene Liebe with?

I don't watch any regularly, but from what I have seen I don't think there is any that is quite so wanna be hoity toity as VL is :lol: Plus, 6 larger storylines is not that much if you consider that the first one was like in 1998 :totlach: But in exchange most of them lasted a longer time, at least for VL stories. But yeah, I used to think that VL was king with having so many and quite a lot of really good guy/guy and girl/girl stories and sometimes two of them on at the same time (like either a gay romance with a lesbian couple in the background or like now a lesbian romance with a gay couple in the background and supporting them). And then I found out about HO which had like Texie, Jilly and then the whole Brendan/Ste/Doug thing roughly at the same time and I though, ok, it's official, we suck :totlach:

Zitat:
From what I've seen of Marlene (keep in mind it's not a lot), I have to agree. She's scared of what she feels towards Rebecca and what everyone else might feel towards her if it ever came out she "likes" a girl.

I really hope that we'll get to see the reactions of Marlene's family eventually. They are rather down to earth and basically nice people. I could see them be a bit confused, but I don't think that anybody will have a serious problem with it (though maybe the dad, though I could see him mostly grumble about changing relationships too quickly, not that the latest one is with a girl). I kinda think that Marlene probably makes the problems more inside her head rather than them being real problems. She is the oldest of three daughters and I kinda think she probably thinks people have expectations on her that people don't actually have. Plus, they have made some references that maybe she encountered some resistance when she chose to pursue a career in the arts back in the day rather than picking something more down to earth.

BeitragVerfasst: 23.05.2012, 07:23 

And then I found out about HO which had like Texie, Jilly and then the whole Brendan/Ste/Doug thing roughly at the same time and I though, ok, it's official, we suck :totlach:
well as I heard and seen till now it seems that HO is quite good with gay storylines but has sucked till now with lesbian ones. And you have to see that they have a huge cast and people's storylines are on hold for weeks sometimes. So it's not really that much more at the same time then in VL I think. The Texie storyline went nowhere and well we'll have to see what will happen to Jelly. I mean they had a beginning than two weeks on hold, then 3 eps which put an end to it for the moment. There are no new spoilers out for the next 2 weeks with them, but there was a pic out with the actresses of Tilly, Jen, Ruby and Maddie in the woods, so there seems to be some scenes with them together, which might air in one or two months time, but no one knows what it will be like...

R.I.P. Lexa kom Trikru

BeitragVerfasst: 23.05.2012, 07:47 

Yeah, I kinda of carry the prejudice is because there are comparitvely more gay soapwriters than lesbian ones. Or at least both shows kinda had some very well known gay head writers. So they might gravitate towards better gay storylines just out of natural interest.

I guess that's one of the nicer things of VL, that if there is a storyline, you kind of have the insurance that it will be around with some regularity and that stuff will happen. You might not always like the ending (Miribecca) or you might not always like what is happening (SuLa) but at least there is some sort of baseline. Not like other shows where you don't know when you will see them the next time or you are worried they get screentime but it's just treading water (looking at you US soaps).

BeitragVerfasst: 23.05.2012, 23:58 

And then I found out about HO which had like Texie, Jilly and then the whole Brendan/Ste/Doug thing roughly at the same time and I though, ok, it's official, we suck :totlach:

I must admit, I am a fan of Brendan/Ste and was of Texas/Jodie as well until the storyline was scrapt. But like hoppetosse said, Hollyoaks are known for doing better gay storylines than lesbian's. Like, John Paul/Craig was a massive gay storyline back in the day and now Brendan/Ste. To be honest, I think it's English soaps in general, Hollyoaks/EastEnders/Coronation Street/Emmerdale (which I don't watch but from what I've heard) all seem to favour gay storylines over lesbian ones. And I don't think the writers are always at fault, I also think the public play a big part in it too.

Zitat:
I really hope that we'll get to see the reactions of Marlene's family eventually. They are rather down to earth and basically nice people. I could see them be a bit confused, but I don't think that anybody will have a serious problem with it (though maybe the dad, though I could see him mostly grumble about changing relationships too quickly, not that the latest one is with a girl). I kinda think that Marlene probably makes the problems more inside her head rather than them being real problems. She is the oldest of three daughters and I kinda think she probably thinks people have expectations on her that people don't actually have. Plus, they have made some references that maybe she encountered some resistance when she chose to pursue a career in the arts back in the day rather than picking something more down to earth.

Oh, I never knew Marlene was the oldest of three daughters. I really do need to catch up on Marlene's backstory. Actually how long has Marlene been in VL for?

BeitragVerfasst: 24.05.2012, 06:55 

Marlene has been on the show for a bit over a year.

There are three Wolf sisters,
Marlene who you know
Dana aka horsegirl who stole Marlene's husband
And Kim the crazy quirky teenager

Marlene came on the show as Hagen's fiance, later wife. And for the first part she mainly served as an obstacle to Dana's forbidden love for Hagen, existing mostly to make Dana feel guilty or to prove how bad she and Hagen fit together and how Dana understood him much better. Tristan was kinda around back then already and fell for her near the end of the story when Hagen left Marlene for his affair with Dana while Marlene kept trying to win Hagen back for quite a long time. After that she was raped by a friend of Tristan's which was mostly a family story where her family were the only ones who knew and Marlene was at first obsessed with the idea that nobody must find out she was raped, refusing to report it, just digging herself in. Eventually, with the support of her family and friends, particularly Dana, she reported the rape and stood up to the rapist in court where he somewhat soapily/surprisingly confessed on the stand when Marlene confronted him.

After the trial was over and after officially making up with Dana, after much prodding from family and friends Marlene decided she should give a relationship with Tristan a chance after all which was when Rebecca rolled into town/which stars the official Marbecca backstory. Marlene found out that she was pregnant and wanted to have an abortion at all costs (once again trying to hide everything to do with the pregnancy from Tristan) while Tristan wanted her to keep it should the child turn out ot be his. Marlene eventually had an abortion without testing who the father was and she and Tristan had a big row over it because Marlene refused to feel sorry/apologize for having the abortion at the risk of it being Tristan's child and even lying to Tristan about having had a paternity test when she hadn't. Tristan wanted to break up with her back then but Marlene suggested they instead plan a club together ignoring the voices of a whole bunch of people that that was crappy idea and she was just using this so she and Tristan would have something to talk about so they wouldn't have to talk about the abortion (and indeed they never properly did).

Around that time the first Marbecca episodes happened with Dana and Hagen getting engaged and Marlene being insecure about not being able to sleep with Tristan and Rebecca falling for her.

In between there were also a bunch of side stories that affected Marlene, such as the family finding out that Marlene's youngest sister Kim was actually the product of a one night stand of her mom with another man, her mother nearly cheating on her father and them subsequently nearly breaking up and Marlene's fun fast friendship with the resident master bitch/villain Tanja (you might know her as the disapproving blonde boss of Rebecca's). Tanja is married to Rebecca's other brother Sebastian and they have a child together and Marlene is kinda of their resident shipper and cheerleader.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 73 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC