Aktuelle Zeit: 23.04.2024, 20:41

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 110 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Paris! Game, Set & Match?
BeitragVerfasst: 18.02.2011, 15:52 

Paris! Game, Set & Match?

Part 1

"It's over!" Carla heard herself say. "It's over!" and she saw Stella walk away. She let her go for now,
but soon she felt sorry and ran after her. She could not find Stella and kept running.
Eventually she saw her.

She tried to call her. She opened her mouth but no sound came out of her mouth. Instead, there was
water in her mouth. She looked around and saw that she stood on the bottom of the canal of the castle.
She tried to call Stella again. And again there was water in her mouth. Suddenly Sophia arrived.
She came from behind a weed bush. Sophie looked at Stella, looked at Carla and back again.
Stella looked, but only saw Sophia and waved to her. She didn't see Carla.

Carla tried again to call in full power, but more then a soft "Stella" didn't come out.
And Stella walked away!

Carla sank to her knees and cried.

She felt a pair of little hands petting her cheeks and she heard a soft "Mama" calling.
The caress of the hands comforted her, but she kept hearing "Mama".

The tone of Sophia's voice changed from loving to mandatory.

"Mommy I gotta pee"
"Pee? What, uh what?"

Carla woke up. She just had to orient where she was. Sophia stood beside her bed and again said
"Mommy I gotta pee"
"Yes, come I'll take you to the bathroom" while Sophia sat and peed Carla looked around.

The apartment was not bad but not great either.

The choice of this apartment was quickly taken as the views on the Sacre Coeur was breathtaking.

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 18.02.2011, 15:52 

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.02.2011, 23:26 

Part 2

"Sophia, come let's get dressed. We need to get bread for breakfast"
"No, not dress"
"Sophia. Dress up!"
"No, Stella must do it"
"Stella is not here"

With great difficulty Carla managed to get Sophia dressed and went to a bakery to get bread. It was quiet in the street.
The street painters of Place du Tetre came later in the morning. Carla loved this city and this district, but didn't enjoy it yet,
She wondered if she had taken the right decision to burn all bridges behind her.

The bread was quickly purchased. Sophia was in her pram with a roll. Carla also decided to buy some fruit and they went
back to the apartment.

After breakfast Sophia played with her doll and Carla opened, against all odds. her mailbox. No message from Stella.
A message from Leonard, in which he again tried to comfort her. Also a message from Elisabeth, but she did not open it yet,
because it probably was another plea to come back. Furthermore, only some advertising emails. She hesitated.
Would she once again send an email to Stella, who probably wouldn't answer it again. No, she didn't feel like doing that.

She grabbed her cell phone. Nothing. No missed calls and no SMS. She decided take Sophia to a park, where she
could play with other children.

While Sophia played Carla sat on a bench enjoying the sun. Someone sat beside her. She glanced sideways and nodded at the
older man sitting beside her. The man nodded back but said nothing. They sat silently together. Moments later the man opened
his bag and pulled out a knife. Carla saw the knife and did not know what to do. Ignore, run away, scream, but before she took a decision,
she saw that the man took an apple from his bag and began to peel it with the knife. He offered her a piece of the apple.
She looked at the man and saw sweet brown eyes that seemed much like her father's eyes. She took a piece of the apple and ate it silently.
Sophia looked at her and waved. She smiled and waved back.

"Is that your daughter?"
"Yes, that's Sophia"
"What a happy sweet girl and what a sad mother, she has"
Carla looked sideways and saw that he offered her another piece of the apple.

"I know that it is none of my business, but if you want to talk about it, I can listen very well"
"Oh, you know, talking is not very useful. What has happened, happened"
"What happened then?"
"I have let myself get poisoned by the circumstances and therefore turned away from the woman I love so much"
"And there is no way to get her back?"
"No . I've hurt her so much. I have slammed the door shut behind me so hard. I've destroyed it. When I realised what I had done it was too late.
She was gone"

"Did you not find her?"
"No. I went to her home. I called. I've emailed. I have contacted her family and friends. Nobody knows where she is and she doesn't answer
her phone and or mail"
"How long ago was that?"
"It is now 6 months ago. I've tried everything. She can not be found"

The man offered her a handkerchief, because the tears ran over her cheeks.

"You are not from here, I hear"
"No, from Germany. I finally decided to go. I wanted to get out the whole situation and try to start over. Away from everything and everyone.
Stella is not there anyway, so what is left for me there"
"Family and friends?"
"Family, please. They are the reason the misery emerged. No, family was precisely the reason to finally go"
"What are you going to do here?"
"That I do not know. First some rest and then I'll see what I do"
"You know the city?"
"Yes, a little. I have already lived here when I graduated"
"What did you study?"
"Art"
"Interesting. You gonna do something with that?"
"Do not know yet. First I'll try to get my life back on the rails"
"That seems a very sensible proposal. If you need help, here's my card. I found it pleasant to speak with you. Goodbye"

The man walked away. Carla looked at the card. "Alain Marceau, Gallery's"

She looked where the man went, but he was gone.

"Sophia, will you come? We're going home. It's time for your nap"

While Sophia slept, Carla began to work out a plan on her laptop.

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2011, 14:22 

What a great story - very intriguing, and sad. Looking forward to more.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2011, 14:27 

Thank you.

I'll do my Best.

This time I'm posting simultaneously, so everybody reads it at the same time

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2011, 14:54 

:happysmilie:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.02.2011, 15:03 

:lol: :knicks:

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.02.2011, 13:56 

Part 3

Carla had her plan worked out and saved. It felt good to be busy with something else. Not thinking about what had happened
in recent months. She read the plan for a while. It looked good. She was satisfied with what she had made. Whether she
would carry out the plan, she did not know yet.

"What would Stella think of it? I just mail it to her and then .... No, not again. Stella where are you?"

Again there were tears.

"Why? Stella, why have I ruined it again? Stella, why are you vanished? Why? Why?"
"Mama! Mama!"

Sophia was awake. She took Sophia out of her bed. After she was dressed Sophia wanted to play, but that was not the intention.
They had an appointment in a nursery. As much Carla enjoyed being with Sophia, for Sophia it was better be around children of
her own age. She would stay in the nursery this afternoon to get used to it.

Carla went to her apartment. Read the plan one more time. In her bag was the business card of Alain Marceau.
"Shall I send to him? No, I hardly know the man. But he offered to help anyway? Carla you're talking to yourself"

She decided to drink coffee at Place du Tetre. They walked past a number of artists who sold their works to tourists. There were
very many standard works. She saw that many of them have mastered the technique but uninhibited by any inspiration. She walked further.
She stopped at an artist because here she saw inspiration. It was slightly different from the rest, She saw potency. As she looked inspired,
she was approached.

"Hello, nice to see you again. Where's Sophia?"
"Hey Hi Alain. She is to day care"
"I see you have a good eye ... uh?"
"Sorry, Carla. I am Carla"
"Hi Carla. May I invite you for a drink?"
"Yes you may"

They sat on a terrace overlooking the artists.
"You paint yourself Carla?"
"Yes a little. As a hobby. And you?"
"Also a little. During my studies I also stood here painting. That was a pleasant addition to my scholarship. It was fun to practice.
Most tourists are unaware that they are standard works"
"Yes, I think so. I saw a number of artists supposedly make new paintings. All they did was use a bit wet paint, so it seemed like the
painting was made then and there"
"Oh, I did that to. Have you worked in the art world?"
"Yeah, I did. I have worked in an auction"
"Oh, and do you have plans in that area or do something else? Oh sorry I'm actually assuming that you are looking for work,
but that is not obvious"
"Yes, I'm looking for a job. I already have a written plan, but am not sure if I should do it"
"What kind of plan?"
"I spent the last years working as a businesswoman, but my heart is with the art. When I saw your card, I thought it might be an idea
to start a Galerie. But well, there are of course very many Galeries in Paris"
"True, but if you're really good it could be successful though. If you want, I'm quite willing to read your plan, or has someone already did"
"No, Nobody has read it. I uh, sorry"
"Carla, are you okay? Was it something I said?"
"No, no. It's .... Ah, you know, I myself have decided to burn all bridges behind me, but it is not easy. If I did something, I always went to
Stella or my stepmother, and discussed it with them, but now ... .. "

Alain gave her a handkerchief for her tears.

"What time can you pick up Sophia?"
"About an hour"
"Any plans for tonight?"
"No. Why?"
"Do you and Sophia feel like having dinner with me and my wife tonight?"
"Uh, do you think that's a good idea? I can remember from the past that the Parisian is very fond of their private life"
"Yes, the Parisian, but this Parisian is married to a Spanish Woman and she loves to invite guests. Are you coming?"
"I'll like that, Alain"
"That's nice. Bring your plan with you, then I'll look at it. Here's our address. If you come at 18.00, then we could look at the plan
before we eat"
"That's good. Thank you Alain"
"What for?"
"I do not know how to say this. I am always cautious with strangers, but if I feel like I have known you for years. I feel that I can
say anything to you. I, I, Alain I'm so lonely"

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27.02.2011, 20:37 

Part 4

Carla had Sophia retrieved from the nursery. Before they went to Alain Sophia had to get some sleep. While Sophia was asleep,
she looked at her mailbox. Again, no mail from Stella, but there was one from Elisabeth. She opened it. She looked and saw
the name Stella standing there. Her heart beat faster.

Elisabeth reported that Stella had reacted. She had asked Christian yo send her last stuff, but missed her red leather jacket.
Elisabeth asked Carla if she knew where Jack was. Carla turned and looked at the rack. There it hung. She had taken it with her,
because Stella's perfume was in the jacket.

She emailed back immediately, asking what Stella had said or asked and whether she had left an address. She immediately
got a response. Stella had asked nothing and left no address. She did have a different email address. That Elisabeth sent to her.
It turned out to be a hotmail address. Not traceable to a country. Carla doubted whether she would send an e-mail.
She didn't tell Stella that they had left Dusseldorf. Her fingers hovered above the keys. Eventually she typed a few words
and pushed send.

Stella sat at her desk and saw an e-mail arrived. She saw that it was from Carla. Until now she had put all unread mails from Carla
into a separate folder. This time she hesitated. This was probably an answer to her question about the leather jacket.
She opened the mail.

"I miss you and hope it goes well with you" was all it said.

Stella looked at it again and again and again. Her fingers hovered above the keys, when there was a knock at the door "
Yes, please"
"Ms. Mann, would you come to the lobby please. There is a guest with a special wish"
"Yes, I'm coming"

Stella worked again as a hotel manager. After she had left Dusseldorf she went through hell. It was not even Carla's statement,
"It is over" what had hurt her the most, but the look in her eyes. It was so cold and hateful. That eternal struggle with Ansgar will
kill her. But she missed Carla terribly. The Carla to whom she had fallen in love, not the Carla that she had seen lately. She asked
every day whether it had been the right decision to go. Had she not still have to fight for her relationship, but then she saw
those eyes again. She made a mental note to read Carla's mails tonight.

Carla was still looking at her mailbox, but there was no reply from Stella. She grabbed a bag with some toys for Sophia,
shut off her laptop, and put it in her purse. She wanted to change clothes, but first wake up Sophia. In about half an hour
she wanted to go. She decided to wear the red leather jacket.

At exactly 18.00 hours, she called in to Alain and his wife. They were warmly welcomed by Alain.
"Come in, Carla. Hi Sophia. May I introduce you to my wife, Alegria"
"Nice to meet you. I'm Carla and this is Sophia. Thank you for the invitation"
"Hi, Carla I'm Alegria"
"Carla What would you like to drink? Wine?"
"Yes please. Wow, beautiful paintings hanging here. Who is the artist? A. Lopez, Don't know the name"
"That can be true, because she has never sold anything. A. Lopez is Alegria"
"They're beautiful"

In one corner of the room was a chess game in a dome.
"Who plays chess here? You Alain?"
"Yes, but this game will never be ended"
"Why?"
"Alegria, will you take Sophia under your care?"
"Of course. Sophia you go with me, then we cook together"

Carla looked a bit surprised that Sophia and Alegria left. Alain's tone of voice was very serious.
She felt a bit uncomfortable.

"Carla sit down I gotta tell you something"

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.03.2011, 11:39 

Part 5

"Carla. When I first saw you at Place du Tetre, I doubted whether it was you. I went home and looked at some pictures
and then I was really sure it was you"
"Alain, I'm afraid I do not understand. Have we met?"
"No, you do not know me, but I know you a little. I wanted to approach you before, but you looked so sad. When I saw
you with Sophia, I decided to approach you anyway. Carla, the reason that this chess game will never end, is because my
opponent is deceased. My opponent was your father"
"What? My father? But, why my father?"
"Your father and I are friends from university. We always kept in touch"
"But I do not recall we ever met"
"I've never been to Dusseldorf. Once a year we met. Usually in London. We have never felt the need for our families to meet"
"How do you know me?"
"Photos. Your father sent many photos and wrote a lot about you. After we graduated we, in addition to the annual meeting,
just wrote each other. I have boxes full of letters from your father. All these years we also played chess. Sometimes a game
went fast, but sometimes it took weeks before the next move came. When after months no new move was given, I enquired.
I found out Johannes was dead. I had doubts whether I would approach you, but did not do it"
"Why not?"
"What should I say? You don't know me. I don't know you. No, I did not want to interfere in your affairs and when I saw you
I doubted too"
"Why have you approached me anyway?"
"The friendship between your father and me was deep. The letters he wrote to me, are very dear to me. I do not want them
to just disappear. I did not want to send them to you without notice. All this time I'm thinking how I can give you the letters,
until I saw you"
"What do you mean?"
"Carla, I want you to have the letters from your father. Not everything will be as interesting. There are many reflections of him
and also myself. Copies of my letters I have made. And my life is defined in them"
"Is it not to private?"
"Maybe, but it's a legacy. It is also a sort of diary of your father. Do you want the letters?"
"I love to have them. Whether I read them all, I do not know, but I'm sure some I'll read"
"Do not read them all at once. Some things are a bit confronting for you"
"What do you mean?"
"Oh Carla, he loved you so much, but there have also been periods when he was very disappointed in you. That he discussed with me.
The letters are chronologically stored. I think you yourself know what period it has been"
"Yes, I know"
"Sorry, it was not my intention to hurt you"
"No, you're not hurting me. Oh, I'm just kind of sensitive lately"
"Stella?"
"Yes"

"Dinner's ready. Sophia and I have sett the table. Are you coming?"

At dinner, no in-depth discussions, as Sophia was with them.

After dinner Carla and Alegria cleared the table, while Alain and Sophia remained in the living room. When Carla came back into the living room,
Sophia was sleeping on Alain's lap.

"I think I better go home. Sophia sleeps"
"By no means. Alain I'm going to make a bed for Sophia. I'll be back soon"
"But .. "
"No, let me. You have not yet discussed your plans. I'm going to fix a bed and I'll bring Sophia to bed, then finally you can discuss your plan"

Alegria made the bed ready and Carla brought Sophia to bed. Because she was awake again, Carla stayed with her until she fell asleep.

"Alain, when are you going to ask her?"
"Not tonight. She was very moved by my story about the letters from her father. I'll not discuss her plans either. We take another drink and
make ourselves a nice evening. That plan I'll read first, before I discuss it. Tomorrow I will ask her"

When Carla came back, Alain told her that he no longer wanted to discuss the plans tonight, but after reading and asked Carla if she wanted to
come to his Galerie tomorrow. Carla was happy because she was a little too tired to even discuss the plan. They had a nice evening.
Alain told about his study with Johannes. Alegria shared her passion for painting. Carla enjoyed their company. They shared a passion for art.
Just one night no loneliness, no sadness.

It was time to go home, she ordered a taxi. She only took Sophia. The boxes of letters she would pick it up later. When she got home, she brought
Sophia to bed and decided to open her laptop. She opened her mailbox and her heart skipped a beat. There were more than 50 read receipts.
Stella had finally read all her emails. She had replied to one message. Carla hesitated whether she would open, but did it anyway.
It only said,

"I'm well again"

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.03.2011, 15:32 

ho1291 hat geschrieben:
Part 5
"Not tonight. ....Tomorrow I will ask her"
ASK HER WHAT?????

ho1291 hat geschrieben:
Part 5
"I'm well again"...

:liebe2:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.03.2011, 15:34 

AtlantaFan hat geschrieben:
ho1291 hat geschrieben:
Part 5
"Not tonight. ....Tomorrow I will ask her"
ASK HER WHAT?????

I already know :lol: and you just have te wait 8)

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 13:46 

Part 6

The evening at Alain and Alegria had done her good. She felt at home with them. Of course that was because Alain knew
her father, but also because of the hospitality and that they shared a passion for art. That Stella finally gave a sign of life,
had made the evening complete. For the first time since months she had slept through the night. She had dreamed about
Stella again but this time it was a nice dream. She did not send a new mail, because she doubted that Stella would want this.

Carla had mailed her plan to Alain, so he could read it before she came to the gallery. Sophia went to the nursery from
10.00 till 15.00 hours. Alain's gallery was located on the Boulevard Montmartre. By subway, she would be there fast.

She took Sophia to the nursery. Who had become so used that she no longer cried when she left. Carla was surprised how
quickly Sophia picked up the French language.

At 10.30 hours she stood before the gallery of Alain. Before she went inside she looked around. Nice location, high traffic,
stylish facade, in short, the first impression was good. She went in and was pleasantly surprised. The gallery looked inviting.
You felt no urge to turn around immediately. Your curiosity was immediately aroused. A young man came to her.

"Good morning, you must be Carla von Lahnstein. May I introduce myself, I am Etienne"
"Good morning Etienne. I have an appointment with Alain Marceau"
"I know. He still has an errand and asked me to guide you"
"Thank you. What is your job here?"
"I study at the Art Academy and my scholarship isn't sufficient enough so I'm working with Alain. I receive guests, like you and
of course customers"
"I see. What is your specialty?"
"Sculpture"
"What materials do you use most?"
"Right now I am totally fascinated by marble"
"Hard work"
"Yes, but I love it. Shall I guide you?"
"Please"

Carla walked through the gallery with Etienne. It looked good. The various artworks were mixed together, but tastefully placed.
It was modern art, but here and there hung some traditional work. Etienne was a good host. She enjoyed his comments.
While watching at a certain work of Art, she heard;

"And are you enjoying Carla?"
"Alain, good morning. Yes, I am enjoying it. Does it show?"
"Yes. Etienne thank you. I'll take over from you"
"I am impressed Alain"
"Thank you. Will you come to my office, then we drink coffee first. I have read your plan and would like to discuss it with you
while enjoying a cup of coffee"

"Carla, I think it's a good plan. Of course it is extremely difficult here in Paris to open a new gallery, but the ideas you have
are refreshing. The only problem you really have is that you're unknown in the art world of Paris. They are not waiting for the
next foreigner who claims to change things around here. Also, you are already for a while no longer active in the art world.
In short, enough ideas, but you do not have the correct inputs "
"But ..."
"No, wait I'm not finished. To help you find your way, I would like to offer you to come work with me"
"Oh, that's an unexpected turn. What did you exactly have in mind for me?"
"Carla. I know that your passion lies in art. That is what your father has written me often. He also told me how much effort it
took for him to get you back to Dusseldorf because he needed you in the Holding. For a while now I have been looking for a
successor. Alegria and I have no children who could do that. I've had some interviews, but they didn't turn out well, because
I missed the passion. Before I approached you, I have watched you regularly. The way you looked at the artists on Place du Tetre
and the way you looked at Alegrias work last night. I saw passion. That is what I want to see in a successor. Of course there
must be some business sense, but that you've already proven in the holding. Carla, would you come to work for me, with the
ability to be my successor?"
"I'm rather surprised. You want me to give an answer right now?"
"No, think about it. When you come to work here, you have much to learn, but I will personally coach you. You'll also have a
few things to arrange for Sophia. So no, I do not need an immediate answer. Unless that answer already is no"
"No, certainly not. I'm only a little surprised"
"I understand that. What time should you pick up Sophia?"
"15.00 hours. Why?"
"It is now 12.00 hours. Do you have plans till 15.00"
"Not really"
"The weather is beautiful. Go to Centre Pompidou. Indoors or outdoors, doesn't matter at this time. Walk across the square,
look around you and breathe in the atmosphere. For now no thoughts about what happened, no thoughts about the future,
no thoughts about Sophia. Just enjoy what's happening around you. If you have no plans for tomorrow, then I have some addresses
of colleagues. Visit these galleries. Then I'd like to talk to you again"
"But do you want a report?"
"No. I want you to enjoy the arts, but before you go I have a gift for you, but do not open until you're at Place Georges Pompidou"
"I, uh, I'm not sure what to say. Why are you so kind to me?"
"Because you're Johannes daughter. I knew you through his letters, but now that I actually have met you, I think Johannes has done
you short in his letters. Carla, once again enjoy the arts and we will call each other soon. I gotta go now, because I have an appointment"

Place Georges Pomdipou was not that far away so she decided to walk there. It was crowded. Many tourists, various street artists.
Musicians, acrobats there was even a fire eater. She sat on a bench and opened her gift. It was a sketchbook and a sketch pencil.
She had a smile on her face. Looked around and decided not to use the book right now. The impressions she got this afternoon,
she would try to draw tonight. Now just try to enjoy.

She closed her eyes to memorise the sounds, the sun shone on her face. Suddenly she felt that was being watched at. She opened
her eyes. Before her was a mime with a sad face. He looked at her. Slowly his face changed from sad to happy, as he gave her a
flower. Carla took the flower and the mime jumped up and walked away. He turned back with a sad face and when he saw
Carla smiled, he smiled back and waved.

Carla looked after him with a smile. For the first time in months she felt well. She sniffed the flower. No smell, but she took it with her
anyway. She walked across the square towards the fountain. There she sat down and enjoyed for a while.

It was time to pick up Sophia and go home. Her head was full of images that had to be drawn in the sketchbook.

Perhaps, no certainly she would mail a Stella tonight.

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 15:25 

:spitze:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.03.2011, 15:49 

:knicks:

Martin Luther King

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 110 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC