Aktuelle Zeit: 04.05.2024, 04:53

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 110 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.04.2011, 15:08 

I'm sorry. Forgot to translate the last part.

Well, than youll get two today :wink:

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 08.04.2011, 15:08 

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.04.2011, 15:08 

Part 13

"Hi Carla,

I have long doubted if I would tell you, but I have to. Of course I talked with a psychologist, but never with someone I know
as well as you. Not even with Christian or Gregor.

After our fight I left Dusseldorf in a hurry. Whether that was wise, I do not want to discuss, but I left. I had to leave. I needed
some time to think about my future, with or without you. I was not okay. I got many complaints and visited a doctor. She told
to me to have some rest and advised me to have some distance and to concentrate on other things.

During a follow-up appointment she, Marianne, told me it was our last appointment, because she and her husband Thomas
went to Africa to be there for Doctors without Borders, to work in a shelter for child soldiers. I like that very much and decided
to go with them.

The misery I've seen there is indescribable, to much. Slowly you get an armor and do what even your capabilities allow you to.
Little by little I got a bond with the children and the staff of the shelter. It's hard work, but that was for me a nice bonus. Well,
she said, to deal with other things. Well I did. Those kids are so traumatised. Sometimes you just have to cuddle to give them
some human warmth. The doctors do not often have time for that, so you can imagine who was hugging all day.

Until one night there was an invasion of one of the militia, who came for a number of children. They have indeed taken a number,
but also Marianne and me. Thomas tried to get us out of their hands. He was shot. It almost cost him his life. I was also got a
gunshot wound, but it was not so serious. We have been in agony. We ultimately returned, but I can not tell in detail how that
happened. What they have done to us, is beyond description. I was somewhat left alone because I was hurt, but Marianne.
Terrible. Through a detour, we came back to Germany where we first have had extensive therapy to process this trauma. Of
course for me not been as bad as for her, but Carla it was terrible. Those children, terrible.

Then I really doubted whether I would go back to Königsbrunn, but because that would mean that I am back in the fight for the
holding company, I had no strength for that. Obviously I did not know that you too had left.

Through an old friend I got the offer to be manager of a hotel outside Germany. That offer came for me at the right time. So since
a few weeks I am a hotel manager.

You probably understand now that I was not able to read or answer your mail. If we have an Internet connection it had to be used
for business purposes and not for private business. At this moment I am on a business trip and when I get home I know it will be
very busy at work because there is a big event in town and the hotel is totally booked.

After that time I would like to meet with you, well we'll see.

Carla, will you please send a picture of Sophia. She must have really grown?

Oh, and the Artworks for the hotel. That costs me too much time. I already found someone who will deliver the artworks.
Thanks for your efforts.

Love Stella

PS. Bizarre that nobody knows where my red leather jacket went. I was so fond of it. Remember that you gave it to me
that weekend when we were at sea?"

Carla read the mail over and over. She hated what had happened, but she also had the impression that Stella did not tell everything.
Maybe because she wasn't allowed to. She wanted so much to be with Stella now, if only for to embrace and comfort her.

When Sophia was in bed she wrote a short mail back to Stella.

"Hello Stella.

I do not know what to say. When I was with you right now I would not know either, but I could embrace you in any case.

I want nothing more than to meet with you, wherever you are, I'll come to you. With or without Sophia. I have enclosed a recent picture
of her. Oh, and if you see something special in the picture. let me know.

By the way do you know where these pictures are that you made of me during that weekend at sea?

Love Carla"

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.04.2011, 15:11 

Part 14

Marina had purchased all the materials to make the portrait of Carla. The person who bought of her previous painting of Carla, had
given her an assignment to make another painting to Carla. The small studio in the gallery, she had arranged to her taste. Alain had
given her permission to do so. She had not heard from Carla much last week. She had notified her that she had to go to Dusseldorf
for business. Carla, indeed, was still the principal owner of the holding. She had assigned someone for the daily management, but
sometimes she had to return to handle things her own.

Carla told her that she had contact with Stella again, but it was still very fragile. She still did not know where Stella lived, but only that
she was away on business, but not where. Marina was very surprised that Carla allowed anyone to play such a game with her. The love
must be very deep or Stella had discovered the weakness in Carla, but that Carla therefore would lose control, she didn't believe.
Ah, time will tell if those two get back together. She had, in any event, never seen Carla like that before. She went to the gallery to bring
the material. Her paintings were already there, but not hung. Carla would do that when she returned.

"Morning Alain"
"Morning Marina. You have everything you need?"
"Yes, I have all the materials and also done some research. The client wants me to portray Carla as Sappho, but over the centuries,
she has been portrayed in many different ways"
"That's right. Do you already have an idea how you would portray Carla?"
"The client has given me a poem of Sappho as a guide"
"Which poem?"
"This;
But if your heart only
longed for
beauty and well
if your tongue not only devised shame

Could not obscure
your eyes
and your mind
would you openly display
"
"Ai. That is clear. Well that will be a puzzle. You know that customer well?"
"I know her an bit. Say do you know when Carla comes back?"
"Wednesday afternoon. Alegria can not wait. She misses those two very much and especially Sophia. Carla is therefore will come to have
dinner with us Wednesday. At least that's the plan"
"Why you doubt it?"
"Not really doubt but I spoke to her yesterday and noticed something, but she did not say much about it. Who is your customer?"
"I can not say. I'll just clean up my stuff and am gone again"
"Good. Until next week"

Carl was happy to see Elisabeth again, but wanted to return as soon as possible. Being back in Dusseldorf, and particularly in the holding,
she immediately felt that she was being drawn back. Sophia was fretful. She missed her friends and the quaintness of their apartment in Paris,
but mostly she missed Carla. She was fully occupied by various meetings. She did not even have time to read to her mailbox. She had sent
Stella a text message that she was back in Dusseldorf for a few days and was completely absorbed.

She sat in her suite because she wanted to be left alone. Stella had not responded to her text message. She decided not to send another one.
"Another two days and then go home. After the opening I am going to ask her once and for all if there is a chance for us being back together"
she thought. When there was a knock on the door.
"Yes please. Hi Elisabeth"
"Am I interrupting anything?"
"No come in"
"Carla, we've hardly had time to talk"
"I know. I am also so absorbed by work"
"Yes, that makes sense, but I see it is a burden to you"
"Yes it is. I'm so enjoying myself in Paris. My work is great. Allain and Alegria are great friends to me and Sophia loves them. Back here I am
again absorbed"
"And what about love Carla?"
"Well, I've had some flirtation"
"Yes, and Stella? How is she? Do you finally spoken to each other"
"Slowly, very slowly we are getting in contact, but I still do not know where she is"
"Carla, I do not know you like this. You always try to keep a grip on situation, but now you let Stella have control. Once you speak about her,
you're a vulnerable person. What are you going to do about this?"
"Elisabeth I miss her terribly. The time when we are apart, we both been through a lot. Stella did not have an easy time, so I try to slowly rebuild"
"But is that what Stella wants?"
"What?"
"Your relationship rebuild"
"Uh .."
"Have you not asked her that yet?"
"Like the way you say it, no, not really"
"So you spent all that time, effort and emotion, but you do not even know if that is what Stella wants?"
" ... "
"Carla, I know it can be painful if she says no, but you're kidding yourself if you keep continuing this. It is also not fair to Stella. Call her and ask her"
"Yes, yes, you're right, but not now I'll do it when I get home"
"You promise me that?"
"Yes. Once I'm home, I call her and tell her that I would meet and for once and for all clear are problems"
"And ... "
"And to ask if she still sees a future for us"
"Carla, sorry that it looks like I patronise you, but I see what it does to you when you speak about Stella"
"I know. Allain and Alegria also say it, but it is not easy. What if she says no"
"Then you at least know"
"That's right. Would you like another drink or go to sleep?"
"I want to go to bed, but if you prefer that I stay here. I'll stay"
"No, go to sleep. I got some things to prepare for tomorrow, so it really can be completed all tomorrow and I can go home. For Sophia, it is better
that we go home as soon as possible. She misses her friends and well, we miss each other. I have almost no time for her now I'm here. No, I really
want to go home as soon as possible"
"Then I will no longer bother. Goodnight Carla"
"Goodnight Elisabeth"

When Elisabeth was gone, Carla went to Sophia's room.

She stroked her cheek. Gave her a kiss and promised her that everything would be alright.

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.04.2011, 16:57 

Part 15

Stella was sitting in her living room when she got the text message from Carla and read it while shaking her head. She seriously was
wondering how long it would take for Carla to definitely go back to Dusseldorf. She missed Carla, but still doubted whether they should
restore their relationship. Every time she decided to go to her or tell her were she lives, there was something that prevented this. She
had spoken with Gregor. Who responded always sober. He had told her;

"Do not complain. You keep talking about her through mail, but as long as you hide yourself, nothing will happen. Go to her and talk it
out or tell her it is finally over. You both had your adventures and both are sad and regret breaking up your relationship. Moreover, I hate
that I need lie to Carla about your whereabouts. Stella do something"

He was right. Now she had a little contact by mail, she noticed just how much she missed her. Once Carla was back in Paris, she would
make an appointment. Now get changed first because, she had an appointment with the gallery owner about the paintings.
She walked into her bedroom and stood there for a moment looking at the portrait of Carla. No, if you don't know her you would not recognise
her, but the portrait was beautiful. You could see that the artist knew Carla. A special woman this Marina.

She had met her at a bar in Cannes. Marina immediately flirted with her and although it is not her style, she ended up in bed with her. She
still doesn't understand it, because Marina was not her type. Well it happened. Marina had invited her to have dinner with her and her partner
the next day. That Marina had a partner she did not know, otherwise she wouldn't have spent the night with her. She decided to go anyway
and saw the portrait. She immediately saw that it was Carla, but was surprised that Carla let herself be portrayed like that.

"You like it?"
"I love it. I would like to buy from you"
"No, this painting is not for sale"
"Why not?"
"The model insisted on that"
"But she thinks it is alright to hang here in your apartment?"
"She doesn't know that"
"You know her well?"
"Yes, we have had a relationship. She and I, but why all those questions?"
"I uh, Carla and I had a relationship and who not so long ago ended. And ... "
"Oh, now I understand it, you are the Stella where she doesn't stop talking"
"What do you mean,y not stop talking about?"
"Stella, she still loves you very much. She tries to pick up her life, but once she sits alone in her apartment, she cries because she misses you so"
"Oh stop it. Carla von Lahnstein is perfectly capable of her controlling her feelings"
"Yes, I thought so too, but Stella I think this time, she does not know what to do"
"She knew exactly what she did when she ended our relationship"
"As I heard that happened in great anger and partly caused by Ansgar"
"That may be so, but I was ready with Ansgar and his tricks"
"Yes, and it has cost you your relationship with Carla"
"Mmm, when did you make that portrait and where?"
"When, recently, and I am not going to tell you where. I am not telling you where Carla lives"
"I know she lives in Paris"
"Ah, well, uh, as I said recently"
"Can I buy now?"
"No, I'll give it toe you on one condition"
"And that is?"
"Contact her, finally contact her. Carla is going crazy about this uncertainty. Tell her where you are and what you do. I'm not saying you should give
your relationship another chance, but give her clarity"
"Okay okay, that's what I do, once I'm more relaxed at work, I make an appointment with her but don't tell her not that I have the painting"

Well, the painting is hanging in her bedroom for a while now.

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.04.2011, 18:54 

I love your story. Thanks for translating it into English :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.04.2011, 18:55 

My pleasure.

And thank you

:knicks:

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.04.2011, 20:23 

This sunny weekend in Atlanta is even better 'cause ho1291 writing for us.

BEDANKT.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.04.2011, 20:27 

It was very sunny here in Holland to, but well she is gone now.

My Pleasure Atlantafan

:wink:

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.04.2011, 05:29 

Thank goodness Marina is a smart negotiator. :mrgreen:
[Please Stella, go see Carla!]

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.04.2011, 11:01 

Bild

:wink:

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.04.2011, 13:36 

ho1291, thank you!!! such a wonderful story :liebe1:
I can't wait to see the next part ))

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.04.2011, 13:40 

Thank you antineitrino

Don't know when the next will come. In the meantime I'm translating my other story (33 chapters to go :roll: )

:knicks:

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.04.2011, 20:27 

Part 16

Monday began the opening and because it certainly had been very busy in Dusseldorf, Alain decided that Carla should take a few days off
after she returned. Just do what she wanted and no work for the gallery.

Alegria had prepared a delicious meal and especially for Sophia a nice pasta. She had missed them terribly. In the short time that Carla and
Sophia lived in Paris, she had become very fond of those two. She saw at Carla's grief as she talked about Stella. If it where up to her, she
would have already spoken to both of them and forced them to talk. But yes, Alain felt that they should not interfere. What she did not know
was that he was already mediating behind the scenes.

Carla and Sophia were home at 15.30. They were both very tired. Carla was looking forward to eating at Alain and Alegria, and decided to take
a nap with Sophia. Sophia did not want to sleep during the day any longer, but she loved it when she could sleep with Carla in the big bed.
Carla didn't want to make a habit of it, but enjoyed it when that little body of her daughter was sleeping against her body. It was not long before
they were both asleep. At 17.00 hours Carla startled awake because her cell phone rang. A little drowsy she walked into the living room and
picked up the phone.
"Hello"
"Carla?"
"Yes, Stella?"
"Yes, you sound weird"
"Sorry, I was asleep and woke up by the phone"
"You slept? At this time of day?"
"Yes, I came home today and it were very tiring day in Dusseldorf. I thought Sophia had to take a nap and I thought I'll go lie down as well"
"I see, so you're no longer in Dusseldorf?"
"No, I came back this afternoon. Why?"
"Well, I am in Dusseldorf right now. There was some confusion with the tax and it was easier to settle it here. Too bad, I thought we can meet
each other here somewhere, but that will not do"
"Shit"
"What?"
"Nothing uh I'm sorry. If I had known earlier, I had postponed my trip. Shit, how long will you stay in Dusseldorf"
"I'm going back home tomorrow. Too bad. How was it to be back at Köningsbrunn?"
"Oh Stella, once I put one foot over the threshold, I am immediately drawn back into the stress and misery. No, I'm glad I'm back in Paris"
"You really enjoy yourself in Paris, or am I mistaken"
"...."
"Carla, are you still there?"
"Yeah, uh yes I am really enjoying myself here. Great job, Sophia is very happy here. Our apartment is not very big, but it really became our home"
"And in you closet my red leather jacket"
"Ah, you've seen the picture"
"Why did you take it?"
"Because ... ... ... .."
"Carla, are you okay?"
"Yes, because your scent was in the jacket, Stella, it's madness, but I even bought a bottle of your perfume to every now and then give the jacket
your scent. Stella. This uncertainty is driving me crazy. I miss you so. Where are you?"
"Well, currently in Dusseldorf "
"Yes, I know, but where do you live. Stella, I uh, I want to see you. I want to look in your eyes when I ask you ... .. "
"Carla, is the connection so bad. I can not hear you"
"No, I had to take a moment. Stella, I want to look in your eyes when I ask you if there is a chance that we get back together"
"...."
"Stella, please, give me a chance to meet you and talk"
"Once I'm home I'll call you and I try to find time my calendar, as I said it is very busy at work because of that event in the city"
"Yes, you already told that. What's the event?"
"Oh, that's not important"
"Ah, because I would know then were you live?"
"Carla, I will contact you as soon as I get home and have my calendar"
"Hmm, what kind of house do you have?"
"An apartment. It's a little too big for me, but it was part of the job. They already had bought an apartment for the new manager. Most managers here
are foreigners and their experience was that they usually have demands regarding housing. It's nice, but again too big for me. You know I do not have
much demands for a house, because I'm not often home. Most rooms are still empty or only have some unpacked boxes in them"
"Was it furnished?"
"No, I have personally bought some furniture and some art, but it's still very empty. I just need to make time to organise it"
"Is it big enough for a family?"
"Yes, it is"
"And?"
"What?"
"Do you have a new relationship?"
"No Carla. No, I do not. Carla, I'll call you when I get home and we make an appointment"
"So the door is not permanently closed?"
"Carla I'll call you"
"Mama?"
"Carla Sophia calling you"
"Do you want to talk to her?"
"Not right now. Just go to her. I'll call you. Bye Carla"
"Bye Stella"
"Carla"
"Yes"
"I miss you too"
"Stella. Stella? Gone"

Martin Luther King

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.04.2011, 22:25 

Ahhhh this was great. I enjoyed it in German, (as I just couldn't wait) and I savored it in English.

"Carla"
"Yes"
"I miss you too"

:bigsuper:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 110 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC