Antwort schreiben

19.03.2011, 09:13

Part 58

Brigitte and Susanne had fixed a table for them in a niche in the back of the restaurant. Brigitte had already prepared food for
the regular guests, so she could sit with them as much as possible. Moreover, she had great confidence in her sous chef, who
perceived her duties. They wanted to have a really special evening. Brigitte prepared a special menu, in which she had
incorporated some new recipes. She wanted the opinion of Carla and Stella about these recipes.

Carla, Stella and the boys had dressed extra festive and walked to the restaurant. Lisa had reported Carla that Giovanna's plane
would leave at 20.00 hours. Carla kept trying to reach Sophia, but she didn't answer her phone. Her first anger has now turned to
concern. Stella was able to calm her, but in the meantime she sent one after another text message to Sophia. They did not want
to spoil the evening by the absence of Sophia, and tried to be as cheerful as possible.

The boys were completely focused on Brigitte and she had created several dishes just for them. Every time the door of the
restaurant opened, Carla, Susanne and Stella looked at the door to see if Sophia entered, but they were disappointed every time.
Carla began to be increasingly angry because she did not contact them. Stella finally got an text messages.
"Mum, will you come outside. I'm standing at the back door. ALONE, Sophia"

Stella knew how Carla would react if she told her, so she reported that she had to go to the bathroom and gave Susanne a sign
that she had to come along. She let Susanne read the message and asked where the backdoor was.

She walked outside and there was Sophia. She looked terrible and her face was pale. When she saw Stella she began to cry
and she first took her in her arms before she asked for an explanation. When Sophia calmed down Stella asked what was going on.

"It's so mean"
"What's so mean?"
"We've had so much fun this week. I loved her so much, and, and" She started to cry again.
"Sophia, please, tell what's going on?"
"We even had plans to continue to meet each other. I would go to Naples once and she would come to Dusseldorf, then this"
"What Sophia?"
"I have brought her to the airport and when we parted, she said this was the last time we would see each other, because her girlfriend
was happy when she had adventures, but they must end when she gets home in Naples. Mum, it hurts" and she began to cry again.
"Oh baby, come here. Let me comfort you"
"What am I going to do?"
"This is what we will do, you go freshen up and then we will go inside, or would you rather go home?"
"I want to come in, but I think Mama will be furious because I did not answer her calls"
"Leave that to me. You will now go freshen up and I'll come get you if I have spoken to Carla. Okay?"

Sophie nodded, and let Stella bring her to the toilets. Stella took a deep breath and walked back inside. She looked at Carla and
she motioned her to come. Carla came to Stella and she took her outside.

"What is going on? Sophia?"
"Would you please listen, quietly, please. There is nothing seriously wrong, except that she has a broken heart. She is so sad"
"Where is she?"
"She is recovering and waiting for me to get her. She is terribly ashamed that she has ignored your calls and is afraid you'll be angry"
"Stella, come on. I was just worried"
"I know, but she is by now so confused and sad"
"Will you please get her?"
"Carla!"
"Yes, yes"

Stella walked in and took Sophia. When they came out again Stella saw that Carla's heart broke at seeing so much sadness with Sophia.
Carla embraced her daughter and began to comfort her. Stella went inside to explain what was going on. She spoke to the boys that
Sophia was very sad and that they should not tease her. Brigitte got up and said,
"Okay, I'll now go to the kitchen and make supper for this young lady, especially for occasions like this"
Stella looked inquiringly at Susanne,
"Let her be. You do not want to know what will arrive in a moment. There is really only one word to describe it and that's Calories bomb"

Carla came in with Sophia, who still looked pale. Now it was Susanne's turn. Her heart broke at the sight of so much grief. Undoubtedly
she also hugged and comforted Sophia. The boys watched the whole scene with tears in their eyes.
Of course they would have teased their big sister, because she didn't come on time, but when they saw how sad she was, these
thoughts disappeared right away. Julius was sitting next to Carla the whole meal. He got up and went to Sophia.
"Sophia, I slide a spot on, you may sit next to Mom, but you must not cry."
He said with tears in his eyes. Sophia looked at him and she got a smile on her face.
"Thank you, that's very sweet of you" and gave him a hug.

They sat down and Susanne gave Sophia a drink. They were all rather quiet at the table. Nobody could find the right words to
pick up the conversation. Brigitte came in with a tray full of food;

"Well, ma cherie, it will not be the first time, and it will not be the last time that your heart is broken. According to Brigitte's law there is only
one remedy to fix this. And that is eating good food. OK, this is what I made for you"

On the tray were several tapas, chocolate varieties, cakes, ice cream, crepes, fruit, too many to mention and she put the whole tray at Sophia.
"Should I eat it all?"
"You may, but I think you can get help. Boys?"

Eventually everyone took some food from the tray, because it was too much.

The Sorrow of Sophia became bearable in the presence of her family. She started to laugh a bit. Carla took care of her the rest of the evening
and Sophia did not mind that the hand of her mother was on her back or shoulders the rest of the night.

By the end of the evening Brigitte left the table again. She returned with a tray with glasses and a bottle of Champagne.

"Well, let us first toast to the happy outcome," she uncorked the bottle, filled the glasses while Susanne handed them out.

"Okay. My toast is, to the good life and never an Italian again! Cheers"

She saw that Stella and Carla were in doubt.

"What? Is something wrong?"
"Well, um, I do not think I want to toast to that" Stella said.
"Why? What did I say?"

Suddenly Susanne laughed.
"Brigitte Sorry, I never told you, but Carla is half Italian. Her mother is from Italy. Therefore, our Sophia also has Italian blood.
So, yes, well,
I understand that they do not want to toast to that"

Brigitte looked surprised and then started on her characteristic manner roar of laughter. It was not long before they all laughed with her.
Stella then began to sing. "Zwei Kleine Italiener"

"No, do not sing" Carla, Sophia and the boys shouted at the same time and they all began to laugh again.

The evening ended and they wanted to go home. At the door they said goodbye.
"Hey, Boys, tomorrow I do not cook. Tomorrow is your turn to surprise me" Brigitte said, and she gave both a kiss.
Carla and Stella were totally surprised. The boys were no longer kissing anyone. They only kissed them and then only if
no stranger is in the neighbourhood.

Lisa had already got her car and asked Sophia if she wanted to get in. Sophia hesitated. She walked over to Carla, who thought
she wanted to say goodbye.
"See you tomorrow darling, sleep well"
Sophia hesitated again.
"What?"
"Mom, can I sleep on the couch with you tonight?"
"Oh sweetie, of course. Let's go home" and they walked home together.

Susanne stood there and watched them a bit melancholic. Brigitte took her hand and said,
"It's okay. Forget what happened. You can not turn back time. Enjoy the moment. You are a part of her life again. Let's go home"

19.03.2011, 09:13

19.03.2011, 10:47

Part 59

The boys had done their very best and they all enjoyed the lunch. At lunch, Brigitte had told she was a passionate diver.
Carla, who had dived a lot in her youth, was very enthusiastic and wanted to try again. The boys were also very enthusiastic,
so they arranged that their last Tuesday they would go diving. Because the boys had never dived they had to be taught.
Brigitte and Carla had sufficient experience and went diving together. Stella did not mind being alone on the beach.
She took a book and her iPod with her.

Sophia had other plans. She finally wanted to spend a day with Susanne. They decided to go to the farm and spend time
together. They agreed to sleep there too to really spend time together.

That morning the boys were elated as they would dive for the first time. Carla could not stand it anymore and called them to order.
Stella tried to calm all three of them, but quickly gave up. The boys would be calm soon, because Brigitte would arrive any moment,
because Susanne would bring Brigitte and then she would pick up Sophia.

Susanne was so nervous that morning. She wondered whether it would go well or if Sophia wanted to go home, if she would feel at
ease for a whole day and night with her and if she wanted to talk at all. Brigitte let her go on like that but made sure that they at
least had enough to eat and drink. Because Susanne was so nervous, Brigitte drove to Carla and Stella, and she had sent Lisa a
text message, to bring Sophia.

They stood outside waiting for Lisa and Sophia. Brigitte talked with Susanne,
"Don't be so worried, it will be fine. She has already indicated that she still wanted to spend time with you. It's not a requirement
but it is her desire"
"I know that, but still. I'm so nervous"
"Come on, it will be a great day. Believe me"

Lisa and Sophia arrived at last. Before everyone said goodbye to each other, Carla wanted a little talk with Sophia and she took her aside.
"How are you doing? Are you still upset?"
"Oh, it's getting better. I've had a long talk with Lisa last night"
"That's nice. I also wanted you to say that I think it's great that you have planned this day with Susanne. Have a nice day"
"Thank you. You too, Mama"

They walked back to the others. Everyone got in and they were gone.

In the car Susanne started talking first. Sophia noticed that she was nervous.
"How are you doing? Are you still upset?"
Sophia laughed.
"Why are you laughing? Are you laughing at me?"
"No, no, but I find it funny that you ask exactly the same as Mama just did. Well then I'll give you the same answer. It's getting better.
I've had a long talk with Lisa last night"
"Well, then you at least talked with an experienced person"
"What do you mean?"
"Oh, Lisa had some infatuation and broken hearts to endure before she met Jean Paul. What did Carla wanted to know?"
"What do you mean? You're not suspicious?"
"No, sorry, I mean it's. oh, I'm just terribly nervous"
"Susanne, that is not necessary. Mama only told me that she is very happy that we are spending the day together. Let us agree that
we will talk openly and honestly. You can ask me anything. I can ask you anything and whether we answer or not, the other person is not
offended. Agreed?"
"Agreed! Sophia, sorry, I am really making a fool out of myself because I'm so nervous"
"I understand. Lisa already told me some things about the past years"
"Oh, what then?"
"Well, just what has happened, but from her perspective. Let us not worry and have a nice day"

Susanne had to concentrate on the road, but thought about what would happen.

They arrived at the farm. The car was unloaded and Susanne first made coffee. Sophia cleaned up the terrace a bit. First a little coffee break.
"Nice. Coffee. I needed that" Susanne said. They sat in silent with their coffee. Susan thought, "Where do I start? What can I say?
What should I ask?".
Sophia's thoughts were not much different. Susanne took a deep breath and eventually began to speak first.

"Sophia, I'm so looking forward to this day. After all these years finally, on a normal, friendly way spending a day with you. It's too stupid for words,
but now that is finally happens, I do not know where to start. When you were so sad Saturday, I did not know what to say. And that is not lack of
experience because that a have with Lisa and Paul. And well, my heart has been broken too, a lot. Yet I did not know what to do"
"What you did I found very sweet of you"
"Thank you. You know, when after your 18th birthday I got that letter I was so happy that I was about to fly to Dusseldorf right away. Brigitte stopped
me because she thought that I should be patient. She was obviously right. You know what I did then?"
"Wrote me a letter back?"
"Yes, that too, but what I really mean is that I've grabbed your books and started reading them from day one to get to know you better, before we
meet again"
"My books? What do you mean?"
"Have I never told about your books?"
"No, what do you mean with it?"
"When I left to Marseille, Carla has promised me to keep me informed of what's happening with you. Every time something special happened, but
also everyday things, she sent an e-mail or photos. I have stored them all in folders"
"What? Mama has told you everything via email and letters?"
"Well if she told me everything, I'm nut sure, but plenty. Not only by letter, of course, if it was important or if she wanted to discuss something,
she called"
"I never knew that. Does she still do that?"
"No, she's stopped doing that after your 18th birthday, after she spoke with me. The contact between us slowly began to recover and she felt that
we had to settle things by ourselves now"
"What did she report?"
"All kind of things. School Results, hobbies, everyday things, how you reacted to certain events, such as the birth of your brothers, well actually
to much to mention"
"Gee, but no real personal things, or eh?"
"Oh, sometimes she reported something and then I wanted to know more about it, but I was told it was too private and that I had to ask you
about it"
"O"
"Well for example, last week I asked Stella what actually happened with Anne, because it never became clear to me but Stella told me that
I had to ask you. What happened?"
"Mum did not tell you?"
"Nope. All of a sudden Anne was out of the picture"

With a hesitation Sophia began to tell how the relationship with Anne started and how it finally finished and all the time Susanne sat there
listening breathlessly. Sophia was still ashamed about what had happened and Susanne saw it, but she said nothing. When Sophia was
finished there was just silence, because Susanne was deeply touched. Susanne began to speak first.

"I think it's terrible for you, but I understand you a bit. I too have been in this situation. Although I was not physically abused, but mentally
by Lisa's father. I know how hard it is to break up or terminate"
"Did you ultimately end it?"
"Yes, after much deliberation. Why do you ask?"
"Well, Mum has actually finished it, because she at one point was a witness. She's almost literally thrown Anne from the castle. I was very
relieved but terribly ashamed that I was not bold enough"
"Gee, that Stella. Cool!. I find her even more sympathetic. Oh, you know, just be glad it was over. But was Anne actually your first love, or did
you have had relationships before?"
"Anne was the first serious relationship, but before that I had already had boyfriends and girlfriends"
"When did you finally choose for women?"
"I have not"
"Oh, I thought, well, Anne and Giovanna now, so well, I thought you were a lesbian?"
"Are you?"
"What kind of question is that? I'm Brigitte"
"Yes, but you've also had men. You've been married to Lisa's father. You've had a relationship with Dad. When have you chosen for women?
Can you imagine having a relationship with a man in future?"
"I have chosen Brigitte and never want to lose her"
"Yes, but what if something might go wrong and you split up"
"Well, I do not hate men, so rule out, no I would not say that"
"Susanne, I fall in love with a person. Giovanna also could have been Giovanni. I do not exclusively fall in love with women as Mom or Mum.
Are you disappointed now?"
"Do not be silly, of course not. Why would someone be disappointed? It's your life. Moreover, I am the last person who should have an opinion
about that"
"Did Mama never tell you I like both men and women?"
"No, I think this was one of those private matters. She told me that you had a relationship with Anne, but then I also quickly met her"
"How was that for you to fall in love with a woman? Because before Mom you have always had relationships with men?"
"Relationships yes, but ..."
"What, Mom was not your first woman?"
"Oh, you know when you're young and sometimes experimental, but a relationship, no, those were just some flirts, or one-night stands"
"Does Mama know that, because she always told me that she was your first woman?"
"Are you crazy, no I have never told her. Some things are too private" and she winked at Sophia.

They both began to laugh.

They decided to take a long walk, during which Susanne told what Carla had written over the years and Sophia filled in the private details.
Sophia had a lot of questions, but because they were perhaps somewhat confrontational, she kept them for herself right now.
They still had all evening.

19.03.2011, 15:31

you are in a good mood again, hah?

;) ;)

19.03.2011, 18:39

Yep :lol: :lol:

19.03.2011, 22:57

44 to go :shock:

Part 60

After the walk Susanne prepared lunch, while Sophia made the beds. Susanne had sett the table outside, and
when Sophia came out, she saw a big lunch standing there.

"Wow, that looks tasty, I'm quite hungry"
"Sit down I will give you something to drink. What do you want or do you take it yourself?"
"I want a glass of wine. Would you like some bread with sausage and cheese? I will also put some salad on
our plates?"
"Yes please"

They began their meal and were in no hurry so they wanted to enjoy in peace all the good food that Brigitte had packed.

"Do you cook sometimes or does Brigitte always cooks?"
"When we work we eat in the restaurant and then Brigitte cooks, but I always cook at home"
"Mom told me you can cook very good. Have you ever cooked for me? I can not remember"
"I don't know. You were too small when I went to Marseille and the times that I saw you afterwards it was usually at your
father's house and a few times on the castle. Would you like some fruit?"
"Why did you leave?"
"What?"
"Why did you just leave?"
"Ah. I didn't just leave. Much has happened at that time and finally I decided to go to Marseille with Lisa"
"I know that much has happened. Whether I know everything, well, I do not know, but one thing I know, you have abandoned me"
"Ow, that hurts"
"That it did for me too. Of course I know nothing of the time you left, but later, when it was clear to me who you were, it felt so"
"Why have you never told me?"
"Because I found that very difficult. If you came to Dusseldorf, I was never alone with you. There was always someone. Lisa,
Dad, Arno or anyone else. You were always so angry or sad. I am very sorry that I have never before met the Susanne I know now"
"... .."
"Susanne, sorry, I did not mean to make you so sad"
"Sophia, that's okay. It's just a little confrontational. The whole holiday is a roller coaster of emotions. I'll try to explain what I felt
then and why I've then decided to leave. Whether that goes without tears, I dare not promise"
"That's okay, want to have something to eat or drink?"
"Oh, just leave everything standing there, I get it if I want to. Sophia, I loved Carla so much. I so wanted to found a family with her,
but sometimes I think that I wanted it too much and forced her to do it. Do not get me wrong, this has nothing to do with you
and especially not Carla as a mother, because I think she is a great mom for you and your brothers and together with Stella,
she has built a loving family. But I've made so many mistakes. From the beginning I should have made it clear to Lars that I
wanted nothing from him except friendship. I tried to stay friends with everyone and everything, but in the process I have lost Carla.
That she, at a certain moment, lost faith in me, I understand now. I, uh, I just screwed up"
"That's not true. You all have made mistakes. You, Dad and Mama. I only regret that we did not have good contact. Where did
it go wrong? Why have I only recently known the real Susanne?"
"Pfff. Everything went wrong at that time. My marriage broke down. The relationship with Lars broke down. The relationship with
my father broke down. Paul went to Marseille. After your birth, I saw Carla blossom into a loving mother, Lars into a proud father
and I stood on the sidelines. That they were not aware, I think, but I felt so left out. Finally I decided to leave. It hurt me so much
to leave you, but you were still so small that I thought it would not hurt you much"
"Would you like to stop now?"
"No, I'm fine. But I finally must tell it. Once I was in Marseille, I went through hell. Lisa quickly found her way, but I missed you so.
I missed you, I missed Carla, I missed the dream we once had. I was angry at everything back then. When I heard that Carla, with
her new love, was going to travel around the world, I started crying like a baby. Why did we not had the courage to go? I sometimes
think that if we would have lived together sooner, it might all have gone differently. The biggest mistake I've made towards you is that I
should have just enjoyed the moments we had. I have let my angry lead me to much. The fact that you look so much like your
mother, did not really help"
"But I can't help that?"
"No, that is not what I meant. I also made mistakes with you again and that cost me the contact with you. Why didn't I make more
effort to put it all behind me? Carla has never bothered me to have contact with you. Only when she noticed how much pain you had
after each contact, she intervened. I thought that was terrible, but looking back I understand her and I even have respect for her
actions. She wanted to protect you and I was not able to adapt myself until it seemed too late. I have put too much energy in the
negatives and not enough in the positive aspects. Only after I met Brigitte the joy and happiness came back in my life, but it
seemed that I had lost you forever. I certainly have not been fair to Stella. For a long time I have been jealous of her because
she somewhat took over my role"
"Susanne!"
"No, you do not have to defend her. I think she is great. She has, along with Carla and Lars, given you a great upbringing. They
have made you a wonderful person. The part of Stella in it has been big. That it hurts me so is really ridiculous, because I've
actually done the same"
"What do you mean?"
"When I adopted Lisa and Paul, I have taking over the role of their mother, so I know how difficult that is"

Susan's cell phone rang. She saw that it was Brigitte.
"Do you mind if I answer the phone?"
"Nope. I'll clear the table"

"Hey cherie, how are you?"
"It's going well. We talk a lot. I hope she understands a little why everything went the way it did"
"That she will, plus you can not change it anyway. So try to look to the future, that's the only thing you can do"
"I know. Do you find it annoying that I will not come home tonight? To you, it all must be very confrontational?"
"No, I do not mind. You have to go through this. I'll manage. The diving with Carla was great. She was a bit rusty, but she is a very
good diver. I also did some snorkeling with the Boys"
"You really enjoy their company, Is it not too confrontational?"
"Of course it hurts me a bit, but I think they are great kids, so let me just enjoy"
"What are you doing tonight?"
"We are going to eat together. Stella and the boys are cooking"
"Have some fun. See you tomorrow. Bye, honey"
"Bye cherie"

Sophia came back outside and saw that Susanne stood there staring. She walked toward her, put an arm around her and said,
"I think we should have some entertainment. I saw in the village below a number of shops, I would like to go there. You coming?"

Once they reached the village had done some shopping, they harvest vegetables and prepare dinner together. Susanne gave Sophia
some tips and taught her how she could best handle certain ingredients. Sophia loved it because she loves to cook. Just no talking
about the past, but enjoy working together.

During dinner, Sophia asked,
"Why were you so far away with your thoughts this afternoon? You were staring into the distance after the phone call from Brigitte.
Do you miss her so much?"
"I miss her, but that was not the reason. The reason is .. "

At the same time Carla, Stella and Brigitte were enjoying themselves after their meal. The boys were in bed and Brigitte was chatting
a little, when Stella asked,
"You're really great with the boys. Did you ever wanted to have children?"
Brigitte just gulped and grabbed her bag and pulled out a photograph. While she gave it to Carla Stella and she said,
"I have a son. He's standing there in the picture with my wife"
"Sorry, I did not want to hurt you. Where is he now?"
"Twelve years ago, they had a car accident and the two of them did not survive"
"That's terrible. I do not know what to say" Stella said, and she felt that Carla froze and took her hand and squeezed it hard.
"How did you survive after that?"
"I was completely lost. Lived like I was stunned. Threw myself into my work and had a group of friends who caught me up. I thought my
life was over. Had no reason to exist, until I met Susanne. She gave me joy in life again. Of course she had her own grief and trouble,
but she tried to get her life back on track. I actually coat-tailed with her"
Stella felt that Carla strengthened the grip on her hand.
"How old would he be and what's his name?"
"Pierre would now be 16"

They stayed up all night talking. Brigitte went home by midnight. Carla and Stella went to bed.
"'Stella, will you please hold me?"
Stella held Carla firmly.
"Stella, will you promise that you never leave me?"
"I'm never leaving you, till death do us part, my love"

Susanne had told Sophia the same story at the same time.
"How awful for Brigitte. It must be difficult for her to now be faced with the boys"
"She loves to be busy with them. I've talked to her about it before you came here on vacation"
"I have the impression that she really likes us being here and I think she is very nice"
"She also had a major role in restoring our relationship. Through her I have come to realise that you took your distance because of
my own behaviour and I have so many regrets. I hope the confidence is back a bit"
"Susanne, I want to tell you something, that nobody knows but Mama and Mum. I find it very difficult to tell, but I would like to tell you"

For the first time Sophia spoke about what had happened back then in Paris. She had never talked about it, after she had told Carla
and Stella, but now she felt so connected with Susanne that she definitely wanted to tell her.

20.03.2011, 18:13

Part 61

The next morning Susanne woke up early. They had a long talk last night. When Sophia told her what had happened in Paris,
she burst into tears and Susanne had comforted her. The rest of the evening they just talked about anything and everything
while enjoying a glass of wine.

Sophia fell asleep straight away, but Susanne did not sleep a wink. The story of Sophia had touched her deeply. She wanted
a full breakfast for them in order to regain strength. When she finished, she went to wake up Sophia.

When Sophia saw the extensive breakfast she asked Susanne whether she had invited the whole village, so much she had
prepared. She saw that Susanne had slept badly, but said nothing about this.

"Susanne, did you ever imagine being a restaurateur in southern France?"
"Oh no. My study had nothing to do with what I'm doing now, and you what is your dream?"
"Well, you know I study singing"
"Yes, but that can lead to many things"
"Yes, that is true, but ultimately I think I still want to concentrate on the opera because that excites me the most"
"Do you not think you'll ever be called to lead the holding? That is what finally happened to Carla"
"I never say never, but it seems that Marcus has most of the qualities and interest to follow up Mama, but she might think
differently"
"Julius does not?"
"No he even breathes horses. He will be doing something in the world of horses"
"Yes, I've noticed. The minute he sees Brigitte he starts talking about horses"
"Doesn't she mind being in contact with them so much?"
"No, she loves them"
"When will the two of you come to Dusseldorf together? I would love to show her Dusseldorf and the castle"
"Well I really do not know. We have actually never been to Dusseldorf together. My father could not get used to the idea
that I was with a woman again"
All Sophia did was raise her eyebrows.

It was time to go home. They cleaned up everything, took everything in the car and drove home. Susanne drove Sophia to Lisa.
She helped her with her bags. Outside the car they just stood there looking at each other. They both didn't know what to say.
Susanne finally broke the silence.
"Come here" and she hugged Sophia "I loved to spend time with you. Let's do this again"
"I also liked it, but then you really should come more often to Dusseldorf " Sophia said with a grin,"because Thursday we go home"

The plane of Stella and the boys went back to Dusseldorf on Friday. Carla and Sophia wanted to leave Thursday after lunch.
The return trip they wanted to make as fast as possible and only stay in a hotel for one night. They decided to have lunch in the
restaurant of Brigitte and Susanne. Who decided to open the restaurant after lunch so they could spend time together with as
little interference as possible.

It had been a special vacation. The emotions ruled, but there were many things finally cleared. The car was packed and they wanted
to enjoy lunch in peace.

Brigitte and Susanne had prepared the lunch together and everything was ready when everyone came. They were all a bit quiet because
the holiday was over. Eventually Carla raised her glass and toasted,
"Although there is only orange juice in my glass, I would still like to make a toast. For all of us it has been a special vacation. Many thing
have been spoken en cleared, but I think only for the best. I would like to toast to us all. Cheers"
They said it all after her and raised their glasses,

"Because we enjoyed it, Stella and I have discussed something last night. We would really like it if you would spend Christmas at Köningsbrunn
with us. Since we are the only ones living in the castle, Christmas is a pure family affair and we feel that you belong to our family. Brigitte I
must warn you thou. During Christmas the staff have their holidays and we cook ourselves. Together"

The boys were very excited and already started planning horse rides. Sophia was a little abashed, but when the message really was clear,
she just sat there grinning. Brigitte looked first to Susanne, before she responded. When she saw that she responded positively, she began
to talk with the boys about the rides.

Lunch was over. It was time to leave and they all went outside. Carla embraced Brigitte warmly and said goodbye. Then it was Susanne's turn.
They stood there looking at each other a little bit shy. Susanne began to talk first,
"Oh Carla, why have not we talked like this before. I'm glad that now we can talk openly to each other. Let's try to keep in touch and we see
each other at least at Christmas"
"It was meant to be, sounds corny, but that is just the way it is. Do you still love me a little?" Carla said with a grin.
"Always" said Susanne and she hugged Carla. As Carla said goodbye to the boys, Sophia said goodbye to Brigitte and Lisa. Then she
said goodbye to Susanne.
"Thank you that you've been so honest with me. I would really like us to stay in touch. May I come visit you before Christmas?"
"Don't be silly, of course, I am already looking forward to it. And of course we stay in touch" and Susanne embraced Sophia, who now had
tears in her eyes. While Carla putt the basket with food and drinks, given by Brigitte, in the car, Sophia said goodbye to Stella.
"Thank you Mum, you've undergone this holiday. Have you at least enjoyed yourself a little bit?"
"I'm not so demanding. If you enjoy yourselves, I'm easily pleased. Moreover, it was necessary and a lot of very old pain disappeared.
But, once I got rid of that cast, I plan to have some days alone with Carla and then you have to take care of your brothers"
"Of course. Do you have a location in mind?"
"I think of a few days New York or Rome"
"Both nice. Mum goodbye, have a nice trip home"
"You too. Drive Carefully" and they embraced.
"So, my dear Sophia. Now it's my turn. Will you fix the navigation?" Carla said as she took Stella in her arms.
"I miss you already"
"It's just one day. Tomorrow night, you are probably already at home, if you drive carefully. Do not take risks. If it is to heavy, I prefer that
you stay in a hotel for another night"
"No way, you know I'm helpless when you're not with me" They kissed each other passionately, while the rest watched.
"Mom, we gotta go. Or we will be stuck in the traffic jam"
Carla and Stella looked at each other lovingly again.
"Bye, honey, have a good trip"
Carla turned and walked with tears in her eyes to the car. As they drove away, she turned around and waved again.

They drove in silence for a while. At one point Carla began to talk.
"I have not actually spoken to you after your day with Susanne. How was it?"
"We talked a lot and some things have become much clearer to me now, but I think it's time to let go and move on. It's all right"
"What wise words. I'm glad you two have contact again and hope it continues, despite the distance"
"That will certainly be the case. At least if it's up to me. But how are you? Did this holiday do you good?"
"Yes, absolutely. I'm glad we finally made a clean sweep. I am also pleased that Susanne is so happy in France with Brigitte.
What a sweetheart she is, don't you think?"
"Yes, she is. Have you heard of the tragedy that happened to her"
"...."
"Mom?"
"Yes, she told us when you were away with Susanne. I hate what happened to her. Sophia, do you want to stop at the next
parking place, then we eat something"
Sophia glanced sideways. They had only been driving for 2 hours and she had no appetite yet.
"Okay, that board says it only about 2 km away. Mom, is everything okay?"
"Yes, yes, everything is fine"

Sophia parked the car. Picked up the basket with food and they walked to one of the picnic tables. Carla walked quietly behind her.
"What do you want to eat Mom?"
"Some fruit and a bottle of water?"
While Sophia took the stuff Carla said:
"Sophia, I still owe you an answer. I'll now try to explain why I married Susanne. Does that suit?"
"Sure Mom, but are you sure you want to do this now?"
Carla nodded and took a sip of water;

"I was so disappointed in life. My great love had died in my arms. There was nothing that gave me joy. I was so callous and kept
myself alive by seeking refuge in my work. I did have the occasional flirt but didn't allow anyone to come near. Of course I had my
friends and family, but they weren't able to take away the misery. Then I met Susanne. Her life was so different from mine. She
had two teenage children with all the problems that go with it. I knew the problems though, because my brother and sister had the
same age as her children, but her life was completely different form my life and the life's of my friends.Her daily problems for me
were such a different world. Of course I had to cancel an appointment every now and than, because there were problems in the holding
or problems at home, but that someone cancels an appointment, because she has to iron the laundry, that was so refreshing for me.
I started living again because of Susanne. I loved her so much. She gave me the joy of life back and because I wanted to share this
love and joy with her I asked her to marry me"

20.03.2011, 19:43

This story is sooo good. :mrgreen:

20.03.2011, 19:47

Thank you :oops:

Three more days working and then I'll have 1,5 week holiday. I'll try translating a bit faster then

22.03.2011, 19:55

Part 62

The holiday was already a couple of weeks ago. The school had restarted and Sophia was studying again. Carla was busy at
the holding. Everyone had normal life again, except Stella. She was tired of her cast leg. During the holiday she had had enough
distractions, but now she was home, she noticed only the limitations. The caste was too big. She spent as much time as possible
in the studio. It was Carla's studio, but she had increasingly made it their studio.

The cast would be removed next Thursday, but in the meantime she was bored. She had not yet decided where she would go with
Carla, but Rome was surely her preference. She sat there searching on the Internet for hotels in Rome, but she did something not
quite right and ended on a website where hotels were offered for sale. Her curiosity was piqued. She went to see if one of the hotels in
which she once worked, was for sale. As she went through the pages, she suddenly saw a very familiar hotel for sale. She wanted
to click away immediately, but was too curious. It was her mother's the hotel that was for sale. She looked at the pictures. Not much
has changed. The rooms were a bit modernised, but the restaurant still looked the same. There were no people in the pictures, except
one, there was her mother. Stella was shocked, "She is looking so old" she thought.

She closed the laptop and walked out of the studio. In the hall she came across Elisabeth, who saw that Stella was looking pale.
"Stella, what is wrong with you? You look like you've just seen a ghost"
At that moment Stella began to cry heartbreaking.
"Stella, what is it?"
"Don't know"
But she could not stop crying.
"Stella, I'm worried. What is it?"
"Don't know"
"Come into the living room, then I get will get you a glass of water, but please tell me what's wrong?"
"I do not know" and she continued crying heartbreaking.
While Elisabeth got a glass of water, she called Carla.
"Carla, you need to come home now! Stella is so upset and I do not know what's going on"
"Give me her here on the phone"
Elisabeth gave Stella the phone.
"Honey, what's up?"
Stella couldn't speak, but continued to cry.
"Stella, I'm coming home. Stay with Elisabeth please?"

When Carla came home she went straight to the living room. Stella calmed down a bit, but once she saw Carla, she began to cry
again. Carla took her into her arms and tried to comfort her as she looked inquiringly at Elisabeth. Who shrugged and gestured that
she would go out of the living room. Carla nodded.
"Stella, my love, what is wrong? Why are you so sad?"
"I do not know. I was searching a bit on the Internet and came across a website and .. " she started to sob.
Carla was desperate, but continued to embrace her and gently stroking her back.
"I was on a site where hotels were for sale. My mother's hotel is for sale and I saw a picture of her. I was so shocked. Closed the site
immediately"
"Why you so shocked?"
"After all these years I see my mother. She looks so old. I do not know why it touched me so"
"Maybe because we have been so busy with my past last summer? Of course I thought of it, that it might be annoying for you sometimes.
You say that you have finished with your past, but is that really true?"
"..... "
"Stella, would like to visit your mother and give it another try to restore contact?"
"Oh Carla, that leads to nothing"
"You do not know. So many years have passed. Maybe she has gotten a different view on things? Maybe she didn't, but you can always try.
Maybe if she sees that we are still happy together, she will change her opinion. Stella she has not hurt me with her comments about me,
because she gave me no opportunity to get to know her. But she did hurt you, so much that you have broken the contact to her. I can handle
a confrontation and will not let you go alone. If you want to. we'll drive to Denmark today"
There was a little smile on Stella's face.
"Let's not do that right now"
"Why not? Are you afraid of confrontation?"
"A little, but if you are with me I dare, but I first want my normal leg back and then we'll see. Are you going back to the holding or are you
staying with me?"
"I have cancelled my appointments. Shall we have lunch at Charlie, you want to talk, you want to show me that site or do something else?
Tell me"
"I think it's really nice sitting here with you, not being bothered"
"Okay, then we continue sitting here"
Carla made herself more comfortable and held Stella in her arms more tightly.
"You know. I can well imagine that the holiday for you was not really a dream vacation. You are somewhat limited in that plaster and then
it is still mainly about my past. Because all these emotions and memories that surfaced, I had less time for you. But ... what are you doing?"
"Nothing, go on"
"I wanted to say that I'm going to make it up to you soon. Shall we go away for a few days?"
"There goes my surprise as I already planned that"
"Oh, where did you go with me? Stella, that tickles! What are you .. ah .. doing?"
"Carla, your blouse is a bit wet with my tears. I think you better take it off" and she began to open Carla's blouse and started to kiss her tenderly.
"Mmm, I think your troubles are starting... ... ... .... to..................disappear"
It didn't take long before Stella had opened Carla's blouse, as she kissed her, she began to caress her breasts and belly. This mood swing surprised
Carla, but she had no objection. Instead, she let herself be seduced by Stella. For a moment she tried to protest, because at this time of day the
staff went back and forth. The protests, however, disappeared like snow in the sun, because Stella very compelling let her skillful hands go over
her body. Carla gave herself over completely and it didn't take long before they made love passionately.

They were so in to each other that they didn't even hear that Elisabeth came to enquire how Stella was. Elisabeth quickly closed the door and told
the staff that the room was off limits until further notice. Carla and Stella were sitting arm in arm a bit enjoying one another, until they heard noises
in the hallway. Sophia came home and stood in the hallway talking to Elisabeth.

"I believe it is time that we are among people again" Carla said and they put on their clothes again went into the hall.
"Mama, where were you? We had an appointment. I come to the Holding and get a vague story that you had to go home urgently. I was so terrible
worried. What is wrong?"
"Sorry, that was my fault. I was very sad and needed your mother"
"What's wrong with you?"
"Do not worry, just a dip, but we're working on it now. Carla and I are going to Charlie for lunch? Do you want to join us?"

The next day gave Carla an assignment to one of her employees to find out what was going on in Denmark.

It was finally Thursday. The cast was removed. Carla could not come because she had an important appointment. Elisabeth went along with Stella.
After the hospital visit, Stella wanted to go to the holding and speak with Carla. She saw that she was still in conversation and continued to wait.
Carla saw them and broke off the conversation and came to fetch them.

"Great. It's finally gone. How does it feel?"
"A little stiff but otherwise no problems. Tonight we can finally have a bath" Stella said with a wink to Carla.
"Sit down, then I get some coffee because I want to discuss something. No, please stay Elisabeth"
"Carla, what is it?"
"Stella, I have ordered one of my employees to find out what is wrong in Denmark"
"What?"
"Anonymous Stella, nowhere the name Lahnstein was used. Stella, the reason the hotel is for sale, is because there is no successor, and your
mother can not manage anymore. Her health remains weak. The details I do not know, but it's not great with her. It seems that she also lost
contact with your brother and sister. As I have said before, for me, we can immediately go, but you decide"
"Carla, um, it's a bit to much for me now"
"I know, but I have seen you worry all week and I can't make it more beautiful than it is"
"I would like to think about it"
"Sure honey, ah there's the coffee"
As they sat drinking coffee, Carla and Elisabeth chatted, but Stella was thinking. After coffee Stella and Elisabeth went home. At the door,
Stella turned around,
"Carla will you arrange it. Since I've seen that site it will not let me let go"
Carla walked towards her, hugged her and whispered in her ear,
"I'm proud of you. It's gonna be good"

26.03.2011, 12:30

Part 63

Carla had arranged everything quickly. This weekends they stayed home with the children. Saturday they took the boys
to the movies and Sunday Hannes and his friend were coming for dinner. Monday morning they left for Denmark. They wanted
to visit Stella's mother unannounced. Stella was very nervous, so Carla drove the first part of the journey. They had booked
a hotel near her mother's hotel. During the journey they chatted about anything and everything. Carla tried this way to reassure
Stella, but she also was a little nervous. It was doubtful whether Stella's mother was willing to receive them.

When they reached the hotel they decide to first freshen up and then have dinner in town. While waiting Carla asked,
"Stella, I know we deliberately decided, that you would pick up your work as manager of the castle, but have you never regretted
that you said goodbye to the hotel business?"
"Why do you ask?"
"Well, you more or less grew up in that world. You've made it your profession and you've always been enthusiastic about it.
You've given it all up when we were back in Dusseldorf"
"That's not quite true. I had already said goodbye to the hotel business when I applied for a job with you. Moreover, managing a
hotel not so much different than managing the castle. The only thing that was different was the amount of guests and, well, they
lived there and were not a temporary guest"
"Was that the only difference?"
"Yes, actually. Although, I do not remember that during my hotel years I ever fell in love with my boss, vice versa sure but.. "
"Oh, I was not the first boss who fell in love with you?"
"No, certainly not, but the first woman"
"You never told me that"
"Oh, you know I think these men fell in love because in a way it is sort of a power display"
"Did you also think like that with me?"
"Carla, please, of course not"
"Not even when it was not mutual?"
"No, never"
"Stella, when did you really fallen love with me, because that did not happen in the stables back then"
"Have I never told you?"
"No, I can not remember. Our first time of course, but then you were already in love. No, the exact moment you've fallen in love with
me, you never told me"

The waiter came and brought the starter.

"Carla, do you remember when Louise's father died? Everyone was sad. Off course because off his death, but also because memories
come back to yourself. Your whole family was already at table but you were still in the salon. I had to tell you something and went to you.
You were so sad that comforted you. As I comforted you, I realised that I would go crazy if something would happen to you. That you
would no longer be part of my life. I really had to control myself not kissing you right then an there. The whole night after that I just kept
thinking of you. I kept pondering how I would tell you that I love you. You were my boss and we finally got along after all the problems
in the beginning. I did not know what to do. Well, and then your horse got ill and helped me"
"Stella, if we were not in a restaurant right now, I would.. " she grabbed Stella hand and kissed it tenderly

The waiter came and brought the main course.

"Stella. Are you really not sorry that you've left the hotel business, because your mother will probably start asking again"
"Carla. I have left my hotel life when I came to work with you. Done"
"Yes, but when that offer from Shanghai came, you did have doubts"
"That was because I wanted to take you and Sophia away from all the dramas at the castle. Carla, I do not need to convince you, do I?"
"No, honey, of course not, but there undoubtedly will come blames from your mother"
"If she does that it is really over and out"
"Have you ever thought off taking over your mother's hotel and I mean before we met"
"No, I wanted to see the world and not tie myself to one place. The hotel is so small and actually a bit dowdy. No, if I ever would have
had that ambition, it definitely was not her hotel. Did you think I'd wanted that?"
"No, but well, it is for sale, so I thought maybe you want it now"
"And then, leading a hotel from a distance? That is impossible, because it is too small. Moreover, why do we need it, we live to far from
it and have no connection with it"
"Yes, but perhaps it might be the beginning of a new business of the holding company"
"It sounds like you've already thought about it"
"Well, my staff has investigated more than just the health of your mother. I had to give him a legitimate reason for his research. It would
be a challenge for you to start an empire with this hotel"
"I do not know. Should we really start now? I would be away from home a lot. I really do not know"
"You don't have to answer now. Think about it and we'll see"

The waiter brought the dessert.

"Carla, have you ever regretted that I took you with me and travelled around the world with you. You had to leave all that your life was built on"
"No, I didn't leave everything behind. I left the past behind and went away with my future. Stella I've never ever regretted it. During that trip we
laid the foundation of our relationship. Yes, I had to leave my home, my work, my family, everything I was familiar with. But Stella, I did not
want that, I wanted nothing more then you. So regrets, no never, though, you have made me do very special things during the trip"
"All out of love, baby, all out of love"
"Yeah sure. Let's pay and go to bed. Tomorrow will be a special day"
"Every day is special day with you"

The next day they were up early because they wanted to go to Stella's mother early. Stella was very tense.

"Do not worry. I'll stay with you. It will be good" Carla said, but Stella knew her mother well. She was not sure that it would be alright.
She always had collided with her. They stood outside the hotel and went inside. At the reception was nobody. Everything looked deserted.
There were fresh flowers and smell the coffee came to meet them. Stella doubted whether she would run back, but decided to push the
call button. When her mother came Stella saw that she was terrified. Stella noted that her mother looked older, but not as bad as in the
picture. Actually she looked good.

"Stella? What are you doing here?"
"Mama, I wanted to visit you. How are you?"
There was a tension. They didn't embrace each other. Carla stayed in the background.
"How I am? What do you think? I am done. With this hotel, with you, with everything. What do you want after all these years?"
"As I said I wanted to visit you, because I want to know how you are doing, but .. "
"Why have you brought her?"
"I did not bring her. We have come together. Do you think we can talk or will you continue to act like this?"
" ... .. "
"Okay. I saw on the Internet that the hotel is for sale. I saw your picture and had the need to see you and talk, but if you do not want to,
then I'll go"
"After all these years you feel the need! You think I never felt that need?"
"Maybe, but you know where I live, so you could given me a call or visit"
"No thanks. And then see how you've wasted your life"
"Why have a wasted my life? Do you still have that crazy idea?"
"What else would I be thinking?"
"So you still think that by marrying the woman I love, I have destroyed my life?"
"Stella, your study was focused on a career in the hotel industry and what do you do now. Housewife for the countess. She has just
brainwashed you"
"You really do not understand. After all these years you still believe that Carla used me. We are happily married. We have a family.
Yes, Carla has her work outside the castle, but I have my work on the castle. I do not understand that you are still so bitter. I am done.
It was a useless journey. Carla, we are going"
"Why did you bring her? Doesn't she know how to talk? Or has she just bring her money?"

Stella nearly exploded. She turned with a jerk and wanted to go. Carla stopped her and addressed to Stella's mother.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Mann. I did not bring my money. I have doubted whether it would be a solution to buy your hotel. If only because
it would reassure Stella. But no, all you do is hurt your daughter. Why don't you have the decency to an adult conversation. If you still
feel that I've bought your daughter, then I'm sorry to say this, but you do not know your daughter well, because she is not for sale.
Not now and not ever. You do not hurt me with your words, because you have never given me the opportunity to get to know you.
But you have hurt your daughter and you still do. I'm sorry for you. I wish you good luck with the sale of your hotel. Goodbye'

Carla turned around, took Stella's hand and wanted to charge ahead.

"Please stop. I'm desperate. The hotel only costs me money. I can not pay it anymore. Stella did study to take over the hotel so I
could have a peaceful retirement. It was her dream. I let her go to college for that good reason. Why has she abandoned me?
She worked at all these hotels to prepare for taken over this hotel and then she let me down"

"I have not abandoned you. I never said I wanted to take over the hotel. I travelled the world because I wanted to. Away from this
cramped town where I was only convicted because I am a lesbian. I wanted my own life and not yours. You still don't understand that"
"Yes, but Stella you had such a good time with Jonas. You were such a nice couple"
"We were not a couple. We were friends. Jonas was indeed in love with me, but he accepted it immediately that I was not in love with
him or any man. Why have you never accepted that? After all those years of travelling around the world, I meet the love of my life,
with whom I am still very happy and even that you can not understand. You don't even ask about your grandsons. Even that does
not interest you. You are only thinking of yourself, as always. What am I doing here? I'm going"

Stella walked outside. Carla was still inside.

"If you do nothing, this will be the last time you have seen your daughter. This time I have persuaded her to come here, but I will not
do that again. We continue with our lives, with our children. The choice is yours"

Carla stayed a moment to see if there was response. Stella's mother gave her a withering look.
"You have taken away my daughter and future. If you had not been there, she would have returned and had taken over the hotel, but
you had to show her your money and ruined everything"

Stella was coming back inside to see where Carla was, and heard this last remark.
"You're a bitter woman. Have you ever wondered what I wanted? No, you never. I come to speak out with you and then hurt us so
and you make my wife such accusations. You're out of your mind. Be well. Bye"

She turned. Took Carla's hand and pulled her outside. She walked with big steps away from the hotel. Carla struggled to keep up with
her. She has never seen Stella so angry, but she could not reach her right now, because Stella was walking too fast.

Stella finally stopped, turned to Carla. Looked into her eyes and Carla saw the fury decrease.
"I'm sorry that I've taken you here. I should have known better. She is so terribly selfish. After all these years you would expect that
she would have become milder. But no, she still doesn't accept that I'm a lesbian. She is not even interested in her grandchildren.
And the hotel has never captivated me. I just had to work hard"
"Yes, but you did have Jonas" Carla said laughing, and Stella also began to laugh.
"Carla, have I told you today how much I love you?"

26.03.2011, 17:53

Part 64

The week after the debacle in Denmark Stella was rather quiet. Carla did try everything to get her out of the sorrow, but did not
really find the right way. Carla was still wondering about when she offered Stella to take over the hotel, there has been such a
a twinkle in her eyes. She knew it would be a big challenge and hard work to take over the hotel and develop it further, but did
Stella really didn't want to do this?

Carla realised that Stella no longer had a real challenge in managing the castle. She had modernised everything so much and
professionalised it all, that it almost managed it self. The children didn't need them as much as they used to. She had tried to
seduce Stella to a new challenge, but she was still too depressed. She kept wondering how she might solve this.
In the meantime, the hotel remained unsold.

The end of the year approached, so Carla had many meetings with the finance department of the holding, but also with the marketing
department about the plans for next year. Therefor she wasn't very much at home, so she had less time for Stella.

During on of the meetings she got an idea. That would be the solution to Stella's depression and giving her a new challenge.

After the meeting, she made an appointment with her financial adviser and her legal adviser. She told them her plans and gave them
the order to explore and prepare her plan and find out if everything she wanted was possible. After a few days her advisers had the plan
ready. Carla made a few changes and after they had been worked out, she started planning.

She ordered Justus to clean and decorate the old Hunting cabin. She asked Charlie to prepare a meal that had to be brought into the
Cabin. Because Stella's favourite season was spring, she had the cabin decorated with lots of spring flowers. The only thing she had to
to do was think of how to persuaded Stella to go with her. That could be a problem, because since their visit to Denmark, Stella was
very housebound and would not leave the castle.

She decided to involve children in the conspiracy. Sophia went into town with the boys, after which she would call Stella, and tell her
she immediately had to come, because the boys misbehaved.

Stella was in the studio reading a book when her cellphone rang. She picked it up.
"Mum, you have to help me. I can't get Marcus and Julius to calm down. They are having a terrible fight in the middle of the store. Can
you come here as quickly as possible"
"Yes, but Carla is much closer to town. She can be there much faster"
"I tried, but she is in a meeting and should not be disturbed. Please Mum, will you come?"
"Okay, I'm coming"

Sophia told the boys and Carla, Stella was on her way. When she arrived, she saw Sophia in front of the shop. She parked her car and
walked toward her.
"What's the matter?"
"Go look inside" and Stella went inside.
When she walked in, she realised that she walked into a flower shop. A strange flower shop, because except for a few bunches of flowers,
the shop was empty. The boys were not there.
"What the hell is going on?"
The moment Stella wanted to turn around and ask Sophia what this was all about, when she heard someone call her name. From the
flower studio in the back of the shop, Carla walked up to her with one rose in her hands.

"Stella, my love, I'm sorry that I had to lure you so, but it was the only option. I have a surprise for you, but you have to come along with"
Stella was speechless.
"Are you coming with me?"
"Yes, of course, I'd always go everywhere with you. But where are we going?"
"We'll go see where all the flowers of this shop went to. Come with me"

In the car Stella asked,
"Where are we going? As it looks like we are going back home. You did not prepare the horse stable?"
"No, too cold. Let me just surprise you"

When they arrived at the cabin, Stella was pleasantly surprised that they somewhat were home, but when she went inside and saw that
the cabin was completely filled with flowers from the florist, she began to smile.
"How beautiful. Oh, how lovely" and went from bunch to bunch.

Carla saw her brightened by the flowers. She saw that Charlie had not only brought food, but also sett the table very tastefully and had
it decorated with flowers.
"Sit down, then I get some food. What would you like to drink?"
"Carla, it's beautiful. I just do not know what to say"
"Nothing, just enjoy" she told Stella and kissed her while escorting her to the table.

She grabbed a bowl with some appetisers and two glasses of white wine.

"Stella, my love, there's a reason I've brought you here. The trip to Denmark has made you so sad. I have difficulty reaching you. That made
me think. The work on the castle does not require as much attention as it used to, because you've arranged everything so well. The children
do not ask as much attention from us, as they used to. I think you might be missing a challenge. When I suggested to buy your mother's
hotel, I noticed that lights in your eyes started to shine"
"Carla!"
"No, wait. Let me finish the story. Of course you're right when you say that it takes to much time to run a hotel. Of course I do not like it if
you are far from home so much. But I have thought of something else. I talked to my legal adviser if what a want is possible, also if have talked
to my financial adviser for his opinion, together we have made a plan. If you say no, we will throw it away, but I want you to read it first, and then
say yes or no"
"Should I read it now or can you briefly explain to me what you've thought of?"
"As you know, the holding spends a lot of money on charity every year. There's really no plan or rule, if I get an application, I usually give my
permission immediately. My financial advisers are saying for ages that I must use guidelines. But well, I postpone that all the time. What I've
thought of is this. As long as I know you, you really care about the underprivileged amongst us, such as the homeless people, etc. I have now
thought of a foundation, which still must be established, but that is just a formality. This foundation is committed to the fate of this group of people.
You could think of for example buying your mother's hotel and make it a shelter. The money that the holding normally spends on charities,
will now completely by spend to this foundation and the foundation must, if necessary, find other sponsors. The board of the foundation will
have to make their own plan, because I do not want to interfere any further. The foundation, of course, may use the facilities of the holding company,
as for example the legal advisers. But the holding company and therefore me, will not interfere or be bothered with the foundation"
"Okay, I think it's a great idea but what do you want from me?".

Carla grabbed her bag. Pulled out the draft deed and handed it to Stella. On the cover stood;

"Deed of The Stella von Lahnstein Foundation"

"What I want to know from you, if you are prepared to lead this foundation, which is named after you?"

Stella could not speak. She sat with the deed in her hand and sat there grinning to Carla, while slowly from one of her eyes a tear rolled down.

Nowadays the name "Stella's Home" stands for various shelters for homeless of any background whatsoever.
The first "Stella's Home" is in Denmark.

27.03.2011, 09:21

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRaWN_4ThQw&feature=related[/youtube]
:pfeif:

27.03.2011, 09:33

:) :) :) - fabulous

28.03.2011, 09:27

Hi,

I would like to say something.

I see that people read my story, but I also know that some of them are people who already know the story because they
have read it in German or Dutch.

I takes a lot time and effort to translate the story. I am doing that with pleasure, if there still are people who like it. I tried to
provoke a reaction with the video of Björk, but there was only one reaction and it remains silent.

If you want me to continue, please respond so I know I am not doing this just for myself.

Thank you
Antwort schreiben

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Liebe, NES, TV, USA, Erde

Impressum | Datenschutz